Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Final PvP solution!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
For those of you that are tired of puppets and unfair teams, I have the solution.

A level restriction cap. This would mean that if you are level 1 and you try to pvp with someone that is level 80, a message would pop up and say "your team mate's level is too far from yours, Please find a closer level team mate". I would say that the restriction should be 20-30 levels difference? At the moment me and my partner are having real problems killing level 80 warlords and captains, Its just simply not fair and the general people that are puppet teaming have a horrible attitude.

For those of you who don't know what a puppet team is, It is when two players get together with a BIG difference between each other. For example, a level 5 private teams with a level 80 warlord or captain. This seems to be accepted ONLY by their puppeting friends. No one else seems to agree with them.

The only reason i play Wizard101 anymore is for the pvp and pets. Even if we beat the puppets (Rare occasion) they still treat us horribly. Even if i'm wearing full commander gear, they still one hit us.

Please take this into consideration.
regards

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Why is this being ignored? Its a serious problem that KI just seems to push under the rug.

I've got numerous screenshots of me (vet) fighting a level 80 warlord and a level 1 private. This is not cool and its near impossible to deal with. Really making me think that You guys don't care about us little people.

Administrator
thefall3n on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Why is this being ignored? Its a serious problem that KI just seems to push under the rug.

I've got numerous screenshots of me (vet) fighting a level 80 warlord and a level 1 private. This is not cool and its near impossible to deal with. Really making me think that You guys don't care about us little people.
We're open to hearing what you have to say and having a discussion about it, but we have a policy of not responding to people who take a malicious approach to conversation. If you'd like to try again with a kinder approach, we would be happy to continue this conversation with you.

We are not pushing it under the rug, we have already attempted to address the situation and we publicly talked about how we weren't happy with the outcome and are continuing to look at how we can improve our Player vs Player game system.

Please read this: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/53694

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Malicious: Characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.

I have no intention of harming anyone nor was it intended. Now can you please explain why it was ignored with proper reasoning. I'm not a child and i have full understanding of the English language and I do not see either of my posts as malicious.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
thefall3n on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Malicious: Characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.

I have no intention of harming anyone nor was it intended. Now can you please explain why it was ignored with proper reasoning. I'm not a child and i have full understanding of the English language and I do not see either of my posts as malicious.
The Fallen,

One of the main reasons your post was ignored, was because a simple search on this topic would have revealed to you that this issue has been brought to KI's attention, literally dozens of times.
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just explaining why this post may have been overlooked by the community.

Secondly, I personally find the title of this post to be in very bad taste.
A basic understanding of history lessons would explain why. I don't believe it was merely a coincidence that you chose that title for your post - and it's not cute.

However, I will say in your defence, that I have read and re-read your post several times, and I agree with you that what you stated was absolutely not malicious.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Eric the Red on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
The Fallen,

One of the main reasons your post was ignored, was because a simple search on this topic would have revealed to you that this issue has been brought to KI's attention, literally dozens of times.
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just explaining why this post may have been overlooked by the community.

Secondly, I personally find the title of this post to be in very bad taste.
A basic understanding of history lessons would explain why. I don't believe it was merely a coincidence that you chose that title for your post - and it's not cute.

However, I will say in your defence, that I have read and re-read your post several times, and I agree with you that what you stated was absolutely not malicious.
In complete and total honesty i had no intention of meaning anything else other than it being a final and good solution for the pvp crisis, I hadn't even thought of it that way (my bad).

Secondly, I did look into several other posts about the attempt at what KI did but nothing further has been done to stop the problem. More and more people are quitting each day and i'm tired of saying good bye to some of my closest friends.

Lastly, I have not seen anyone post a suggestion like mine and i thought it may have had some potential, none of the other (dozens) of suggestions about puppeting have even been commented on. I wasn't asking why MY post in particular is being ignored, i was asking in general.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I agree. You didn't seem to be malicious you were just asking a question. And I also have lost friends to puppeting so I do agree on that. And The Final Solution was actually a good title. You were feeling confident that you ha found a way to cure this annoying thing in PVP. Thanks for your post I 110% agree.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
thefall3n on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
In complete and total honesty i had no intention of meaning anything else other than it being a final and good solution for the pvp crisis, I hadn't even thought of it that way (my bad).

Secondly, I did look into several other posts about the attempt at what KI did but nothing further has been done to stop the problem. More and more people are quitting each day and i'm tired of saying good bye to some of my closest friends.

Lastly, I have not seen anyone post a suggestion like mine and i thought it may have had some potential, none of the other (dozens) of suggestions about puppeting have even been commented on. I wasn't asking why MY post in particular is being ignored, i was asking in general.
Loki1201 is right. There are numerous threads already discussing this problem (and as Prof. Greyrose indicated, it isn't being ignored even if an official KI response is not in each or some of the puppet threads). Even your suggested "fix" has been mentioned before.....so expecting KI to comment on an unoriginal idea can be perceived as malicious (even expecting a response with an original idea). Quite of few suggestions go unanswered by KI in these forums, follow up posts with accusations will certainly not get a proper response (like Prof. Greyrose already pointed out).

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/6269?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/10112?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/43014?reset=1