Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

? Why can't we get more time allowed.......?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2012
I love the game, however, I am wondering why there can't be more time allowed away from the game. I am a stay at home mom and I also care for my father. Unfortunately, I find myself disconnected from the game because I was away too long. Okay, transferring laundry and the loading the washer take more time than I am allowed to be away even getting my father's lunch finds myself disconnected.

I know I am not the only one out there that gets frustrated with having to sign back in so many times. I look forward to hearing from KingsIsle or anyone who is frustrated as I am.

Cheers!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Alt+A or Alt+D or Alt+RightArrow or Alt+LeftArrow
Those all make you afk and unable to be disconnected.
If you are talking about other issues; You are not forced to buy a subscription. You can buy crowns.

Mind clarifying a bit more?

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Simple Answer, if KI allowed people to not get disconnected, too many people may not log out of game, and it would be hard to find a realm that isnt crowded.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Yea because sometimes at almost nightime my mom says to take a shower and i left wizard101 on and it logged me out.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
I don't get this complaint at all. What's the big deal? It's not exactly difficult to log back in. Instead of taking up bandwidth when you're not playing if you're going off to do something, you really should log off as a matter of courtesy anyway.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
ncscot on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
I love the game, however, I am wondering why there can't be more time allowed away from the game. I am a stay at home mom and I also care for my father. Unfortunately, I find myself disconnected from the game because I was away too long. Okay, transferring laundry and the loading the washer take more time than I am allowed to be away even getting my father's lunch finds myself disconnected.

I know I am not the only one out there that gets frustrated with having to sign back in so many times. I look forward to hearing from KingsIsle or anyone who is frustrated as I am.

Cheers!
To be fair to others in the game anyone who is going to be afk for an extended amount of time should sign off.

The lag on the game would be unacceptable if everyone who actually was not using the game was allowed to just sit somewhere.

Signing on and off really does not take that long and your wizard does start out right where you left it so you don't loose your spot - unless it was in a dungeon but timing out would remove you from that anyway.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
it is VERY time consuming to log back in, and it seems as KI's way of saying "we dont have enough bandwidth for everyone". I can see having a time out for non paying people, but for people with memberships and crown paying people (as per general policy of having payed crowns the last thrity days) should be able to not be logged off for inactivity. Wouldnt it be an additional selling point? and what does it really matter to KI if we have to go afk once in a while and come back without waiting up to five minutes logging back on? with as many people paying as much as they do having enough servers to accomodate their patrons would be more of a cost of doing business than to begrudge people of their game time for having to log in just cause afk happens.

So, Why cant paying customers take up bandwidth? Its part of what people are paying for.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I don't get this complaint at all. What's the big deal? It's not exactly difficult to log back in. Instead of taking up bandwidth when you're not playing if you're going off to do something, you really should log off as a matter of courtesy anyway.
I agree.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont think they should log you off if your in a dungeon or in non mob zone but for regular mob zones it seems fair to prevent the lag. Dungeons you put alot of work into and you lose it when you leave and non mob zones like your home or city areas you are not affecting much by being logged in there.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I like it more on Pirate101 where it returns you back to the login screen (That is, if you pick "Ok" not "Quit".) It saves you about a minute and I like it a lot more. :)

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
I agree. Idk how many times I've been in a dungeon an been logged off.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
Well...... I guess if you can be afk for more time before yo get logged off but besides that its not a big deal.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
well, that lag thing and if you have family members that like to mess with you. imagine your little brother/sister getting on your acc while your eating or doing chores. terrible

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
My computer loads so gosh darn slow sometimes i wanna throw it out the window. (And i nearly have, too) I teleported to one of my friends because he wanted me to be the first to see his new house, (Royal Playhouse, mind you) and it took me fifteen minutes to load the inside. Fifteen minutes! It takes twenty minutes for me to log back in if i have been Disconnected due to inactivity. It's sorta difficult for me to log back in, and i don't take it lightly.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
GrammyH, you should really understand that some people, I was one of them, that have and insanely slow computer that barely loads W101 w/ V-MEM left to play for a good hour or two. To these people logging back in isn't just an annoyance, it brings there playing time to a near stop.