Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I thought this game was supposed to be balanced?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
I'm putting this post in the PvP section because this is where the issue is majorly at, although this can still include PvE. Back in the good days when level 50 was max, I'd say the game was nearly balanced out and well done. But now, the old system does not work at these extreme levels. 110 is now the max and the gap between stats for each school has become almost non-existent or obviously noted. All schools(Except ) get damages of about averagely 100%(RIP all .) All schools(Except , RIP again) Get 5,500+ health, even Fire. As for myself, I'm a 1v1 dueler because I prefer not to rely on my teamates. Other schools are easily dealing as much damage as except for and . I thought was supposed to have that offensive advantage? Yeah, they still have that SERIOUS health weakness but other schools do about the same damage with normally 2,000+ more health on top of it. I would really love to talk about how is ridiculously over powered in PvP, mostly thanks to Loremaster, but that deserves an entire post of it's own. The way this game as evolved it's become a savage power house of "Who's going to be lucky?" Most PvP matches end up being averagely 90% lucky games in my perspective, on top of it being mostly based off of who has first turn. Pets should NOT be factored in as a requirement for stats looking "about right." Without pets included the stats of most schools are nearly the exact same. Why is that? 5/7 of the schools get about 90% damage, 35% resist, about 100% accuracy, 400 critical at minimal, 300+ block, 20% pierce and 95%+ pip chance. The exceptions here would mostly be and . At this point, they're the only two schools with the notable difference all the schools were supposed to have. I think the damage of , , , and especially need to be lowered respectively. does the same damage as Storm now, but they have notably more . If you want to be a , just be so you get the health. Personally, I would like to see critical and block permanently removed from the game. The luck factor from those two stats really have messed up PvP, and that probably speaks for a lot of people, sadly, it will never happen. I would like to see this game return to strategic and skilled wins rather than someone pulling a critical in the other player's face regardless of their 400 block. I think the difference in resist, accuracy, pierce and pip chance is about right. Am I the only one that believes the unbalance of this game has went off the scales? I would say needs at least 400 more base . All schools EXCEPT and need their damage lowered, especially . I've noted several times in the past how actually has many things with a more offensive touch than . It's notable and the gap(no matter how small) will become a major balancing issue in the future(like having 1,500+ less ) They get can and have been killed with just 1 spell that pulls off a (lucky) critical. This does not includes blades or traps. What do you guys think?

Explorer
May 09, 2011
And this, my friend, is why I play low level PvP.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
BluJewel on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
And this, my friend, is why I play low level PvP.
Low level PvP is unbalanced because of Ivanenko's Tiger with insane bolt

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I hear you bro. I just sent a letter to Kingsisle tonight about a similar issue. There is nothing fair about PVP. Hopefully after reading my letter, they'll fix it.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
YaManTeka on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
Low level PvP is unbalanced because of Ivanenko's Tiger with insane bolt
I have never seen someone use that spell in PvP.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
AstroVoltage on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
I'm putting this post in the PvP section because this is where the issue is majorly at, although this can still include PvE. Back in the good days when level 50 was max, I'd say the game was nearly balanced out and well done. But now, the old system does not work at these extreme levels. 110 is now the max and the gap between stats for each school has become almost non-existent or obviously noted. All schools(Except ) get damages of about averagely 100%(RIP all .) All schools(Except , RIP again) Get 5,500+ health, even Fire. As for myself, I'm a 1v1 dueler because I prefer not to rely on my teamates. Other schools are easily dealing as much damage as except for and . I thought was supposed to have that offensive advantage? Yeah, they still have that SERIOUS health weakness but other schools do about the same damage with normally 2,000+ more health on top of it. I would really love to talk about how is ridiculously over powered in PvP, mostly thanks to Loremaster, but that deserves an entire post of it's own. The way this game as evolved it's become a savage power house of "Who's going to be lucky?" Most PvP matches end up being averagely 90% lucky games in my perspective, on top of it being mostly based off of who has first turn. Pets should NOT be factored in as a requirement for stats looking "about right." Without pets included the stats of most schools are nearly the exact same. Why is that? 5/7 of the schools get about 90% damage, 35% resist, about 100% accuracy, 400 critical at minimal, 300+ block, 20% pierce and 95%+ pip chance. The exceptions here would mostly be and . At this point, they're the only two schools with the notable difference all the schools were supposed to have. I think the damage of , , , and especially need to be lowered respectively. does the same damage as Storm now, but they have notably more . If you want to be a , just be so you get the health. Personally, I would like to see critical and block permanently removed from the game. The luck factor from those two stats really have messed up PvP, and that probably speaks for a lot of people, sadly, it will never happen. I would like to see this game return to strategic and skilled wins rather than someone pulling a critical in the other player's face regardless of their 400 block. I think the difference in resist, accuracy, pierce and pip chance is about right. Am I the only one that believes the unbalance of this game has went off the scales? I would say needs at least 400 more base . All schools EXCEPT and need their damage lowered, especially . I've noted several times in the past how actually has many things with a more offensive touch than . It's notable and the gap(no matter how small) will become a major balancing issue in the future(like having 1,500+ less ) They get can and have been killed with just 1 spell that pulls off a (lucky) critical. This does not includes blades or traps. What do you guys think?
Yeah, I wish that al the schools were equal. With higher level wizards, storm is the best thing ever because there's a thing called "accuracy" that completely destroys the idea of " does high damage if the spell doesn't fizzle" but even though storm has low health (which it shouldn't) They still have a great chance of winning any pvp or pve because higher level wizards have access to stuff that gives them great accuracy. So basically, all the schools (except for and ) are useless because they have the same accuracy as fire and storm (For higher level wizards) but do less damage.
Sabrina WinterBlade ICE level 53

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
jennaw1123 on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, I wish that al the schools were equal. With higher level wizards, storm is the best thing ever because there's a thing called "accuracy" that completely destroys the idea of " does high damage if the spell doesn't fizzle" but even though storm has low health (which it shouldn't) They still have a great chance of winning any pvp or pve because higher level wizards have access to stuff that gives them great accuracy. So basically, all the schools (except for and ) are useless because they have the same accuracy as fire and storm (For higher level wizards) but do less damage.
This is one of the biggest myth's propogated in Wizard 101. Storm is far from a tier one school in 1v1 PvP. In fact the current best school 1v1 is Ice at max lvl. Storm's low health, lack of any ability to clear shields and lack of assertive utility holds it down at low tier, superceding only myth at max lvl 1v1.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
jennaw1123 on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Okay, let's take a moment to think.

There is storm gear that can up accuracy all the way to 95. It's not that big a deal after level 80 in my opinion.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
BluJewel on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
I have never seen someone use that spell in PvP.
i've seen a few people use it in practice
it's really funny to see someone hit themselves for 10k

Survivor
Sep 01, 2014
Some of you seem to miss my point. I'm ATTEMPTING to throw out some examples of how unbalanced this game is with a 2000 character limit. I don't have the time to type an essay, either. I'm simply trying to express how badly this game needs a good fixing in many sections. Those including; Base stats for all schools, Gear, Arsenal of Spells for all schools and most definitely critical and block. Many of the current issues is simply major luck factors. These are just a few examples that mostly involve PvP, but they're affecting PvE, too. I for one want see Kingsisle STOP adding NEW content and FIX all the CURRENT content.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Eric Stormbringer on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
This is one of the biggest myth's propogated in Wizard 101. Storm is far from a tier one school in 1v1 PvP. In fact the current best school 1v1 is Ice at max lvl. Storm's low health, lack of any ability to clear shields and lack of assertive utility holds it down at low tier, superceding only myth at max lvl 1v1.
Um, I dunno about that bit man. It's certainly one of the best, but if you check the 1v1 Leaderboards, the Top Ten 110's are:

, , , , , , , , , and , in that order.

So Balance still rules, barely.

Adrian
PVP Overlord.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Exabytes on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
Um, I dunno about that bit man. It's certainly one of the best, but if you check the 1v1 Leaderboards, the Top Ten 110's are:

Adrian
PVP Overlord.
Balance is in the top spot because of it's all-rounded stats and its arsenal of very annoying spells to deal with (mana burn, super nova, loremaster, gaze of fate).

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

Adrian
PVP Overlord.
Give it a few months. Ice just once again joined the top tiers with the Polaris updates after spending the majority of the DM meta at mid tier. I fully expect that unless the meta changes again then ice will start to completely supercede even the highest ranks of the leaderboard.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

Adrian
PVP Overlord.
I may or may not do a duelist article on this depending on how I feel but here is the current tier list for ranked 1v1 max lvl PvP.

Top Tier
Ice dominates due to high health buffer, offensive defensive utility and the crit nerf letting damage stick to balance and life.

Fire is second on the list due to their amazing ability to combo, hard to defend from tactics and offensive versatility.

Balance is third due to great synergistic utility in loremaster and gaze. They also push the threat margin with mana burn, supernova and omnipresent judgment.

Mid tier
Life is borderline high mid-low high tier due to offensive defensive in weaver and pillar but is held back by a neutered ability to heal due to the critical Nerf.

Death is low mid tier- high low tier due to it needing blades and time to execute most combos along with the difficulty of using its self hitting utility in a meta with high damage, high pierce and low heal boost. Drains put in work but often don't heal enough at the cost of lowered damage.

Low Tier
With a tremendous offensive presence storm is still held back due to an extremely low comparative health. It struggles against shields, has one easily shut down combo and has no offensive defensive utility to speak of. Even its offensive clerical utility comes at the cost of relatively low DPP in every case except glowbugs. The crit Nerf also hit its ability to heal making healing current a waste of time.

Myth- Myth is at the very bottom of the barrel. Its combos are predictable and easily shut down while it is forced to do most of its damage at the higher pip levels in a meta which rewards low pip efficiency and combos. Its health is decent but nothing to write home about with such a slow play style and no capacity to heal. Finally outside of golem minion and certain house call minions myth's once defining characteristic is not favored in this meta.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
The pvp balance has gone way off course since celestia with its critical and block. They should offer a version of pvp where critical and block are banned, free reshuffles, and minimum health is boosted to 5000. This would make pvp revolve around skill more than spam and hope for critical.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I would love to see rank pvp mirror tourney pvp; and if people want to go against players twice there level to click on the box. there are allot of people quitting cause its just not fair when your a lvl 50 and you go against a lvl 110. The level 110 has strike better clothes, wands, decks and tc space. Please help on this to make it fair for all players. Its very frustrating and no longer fun when playing rank. I mean long time ago there were always 3v3 and 4v4 in rank now you never see it at all cause players don't want to meet players twice there level. I hope you can seriously help in this before all my friends quit Thanks