Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Never doing this world again

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
Okay, so I have 2 different accounts. I finished Grizzleheim on both, and let me just say, I AM NEVER DOING THIS WORLD AGAIN! Why, you may ask? Well I'll tell you why.
1. The experience. What is up with this experience? Ravenscar, the part for level 40+ ONLY, only gives like 400 xp per quest. At level 40? You've got to be joking me. That's literally not even worth it to get to wintertusk. There was a quest to defeat 2 bosses. Only gives 90 experience. Like come ON.

2. It's a side world. Why do it? It's not even required to beat the game.

3. The mix of enemies. It's almost impossible to get a full fight of some enemies, because they're mixed in with others. This makes defeat and collects IMPOSSIBLE!

Just so you know, once you all beat the world on one character per account, NEVER, EVER, DO IT AGAIN!

-
Garrett Ashflame 100
Joshua Ashflame 45
Ronan Ashflame 42

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
I would do it till "The Yardbirds" . It rewards you with a training point

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
I think you're overreacting to this a little bit since there are a several benefits to completing Grizzleheim and Wintertusk. The advice you gave to never go to these worlds was bad advice, finishing the Zeke quests here would award you two free training points, you could get up to four useful spells here, and the best place to farm for gold in the game so far is here.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
Grizzleheim may be annoying, but it is worth it in the long run.

Once you gain your astral spells in Celestia, then go to Wintertusk.

Really nice XP and cool rewards

Plus one school spell that I am aware of and nice craftable gear.

Hero
May 07, 2015
kilraven28 on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
Grizzleheim may be annoying, but it is worth it in the long run.

Once you gain your astral spells in Celestia, then go to Wintertusk.

Really nice XP and cool rewards

Plus one school spell that I am aware of and nice craftable gear.
right

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
Every school, , gains a pet from Wintertusk and so it basically is required to do so, because no more school pets (Or spells, I believe) can be acquired without completing Wintertusk. It's definitely worth it and definitely is required if you want to, as you put it, "beat the game," because if you want to beat the game, you've got to complete everything in W101, including the side worlds, side quests, etc. If you want to beat the game, you've got to complete everything there is to complete in W101. There are also one or two spells that can only be acquired at level 35 in GH, through a quest that I shall not name.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Garret AshFlame on Dec 13, 2015 wrote:
Okay, so I have 2 different accounts. I finished Grizzleheim on both, and let me just say, I AM NEVER DOING THIS WORLD AGAIN! Why, you may ask? Well I'll tell you why.
1. The experience. What is up with this experience? Ravenscar, the part for level 40+ ONLY, only gives like 400 xp per quest. At level 40? You've got to be joking me. That's literally not even worth it to get to wintertusk. There was a quest to defeat 2 bosses. Only gives 90 experience. Like come ON.

2. It's a side world. Why do it? It's not even required to beat the game.

3. The mix of enemies. It's almost impossible to get a full fight of some enemies, because they're mixed in with others. This makes defeat and collects IMPOSSIBLE!

Just so you know, once you all beat the world on one character per account, NEVER, EVER, DO IT AGAIN!

-
Garrett Ashflame 100
Joshua Ashflame 45
Ronan Ashflame 42
I felt exactly the same way when I was at your problem. But do those quests and you will go to wintertusk which gives you 7,000-20,000 xp per quest. No lie.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
If you don't do this world you are then missing out on
  • Strong and often times situational spells
  • 2 training points one from Grizzleheim and one in Wintertusk
  • A more challenging game to push your brain capacity to win in challenging battles especially soloing it
  • More gold because if leveling in the game is delayed then more gold will be accumulated
You are missing even more stuff if you don't go to Grizzleheim because Wintertusk has more to offer
  • In Wintertusk there is powerful crafted gear (shout out to Vestrillund and Sudrillund)
  • In Wintertusk there is the best farming boss in the game for gold, Halfang Brislecrown
  • In Wintertusk for the threads sake, Wintertusk gives a lot of experience
  • In Wintertusk a rare relatively big density of black lotus
Tips sololing in Grizzleheim and Wintertusk
  • Have treasure card shielding at least, if you are having troubles killing the opponent fast enough and/or having troubles staying alive, just so you can have it always when you need it
  • Have decks that maximize the copies of cards used in 1 to 3 rounds and/or used throughout the battle and minimize the cards used a few times latter on in the battle
  • Make sure you have a way to efficiently heal yourself
  • Have the cheapest possible card to deal a lot of damage also AOE's will work too (to have more pips in the end to possibly heal or cast another attack faster) and a few powerful buffs (to have more of an opportunity focus on staying alive)
  • Death wizards maximize steal heals don't follow the above bullet point
  • If using minions use cheap ones and make sure you can coexist with the minion (Myth wizards use 0 pip minion because it doesn't effect pips and spams 1 pip spells that aids damage also can shield break and can become a taunt and can give you some breathing room).
  • Don't use minions in 3v1, 4vs1, and 1vs1 because part of the battle is usually preparing to do high damage and minion can mess up traps (obviously the other part is to stay alive).
  • Discard spells wisely (I can't continue typing