Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you wear your school colors?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I was wondering this, and I thought it would be interesting to see others' opinions. Personally I always wear my wizards' school colors. For example, my myth wizard wears yellow and blue, and my death wizard wears black and white. Some people do this too, but some people just wear completely random colors.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I sort of do, I wear Blue and gold (yellow), but also a touch of purple. I am with a mastery Amulet in .

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
NerdyHamster on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
I was wondering this, and I thought it would be interesting to see others' opinions. Personally I always wear my wizards' school colors. For example, my myth wizard wears yellow and blue, and my death wizard wears black and white. Some people do this too, but some people just wear completely random colors.
I have a wizard and I and make his robes dark blue and white so show more maturity.
Apart from my wizard I OBEY the school uniform colours.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
I'm pretty sure every wizard level 20 and up wears their school colors. I wear my school colors and I rarely see anyone who doesn't unless they're like just starting the game for the first time.

-Sierra Pearl
Legendary sorcerer

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
I do! but i always add in a touch of white. Green and brown are a bit heavy colors (in my opinion)

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I wear my school colours (dark green/light green) for life, because all dropped life-only gear is already dyed the school colours, and no other colours look nice when I go to the dye shop.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2015
Yes! I have a level 27 Life and guess what? She's wearing all green! Sometimes I like to change the colour of the robe, but I ALWAYS have a green trim, or a purple trim and a green body! I think It is more appropriate to the game and makes you look like you know what school you are, not just wild!
So yes, my wizard does wear my chills colours

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
on some wizard, yes~

(the first colour listed is the main one; the second is the trim)

balance: black/green or black/orange (since i'm a girl wizard, my school colours aren't available)
death: white/black
storm: purple/gold
life: 2-tone green
ice: 2-tone blue
myth: blue/white
fire: red/yellow or white/red

on my noob account:

death: black/green
death: black/white
myth: blue/yellow
life: 2-tone green
balance: black/red

-von

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
i used to where what ever colors my gear came with. then i dressed like a death wizard because i have a ghost dragon pet. now i where blue and white the ice school colors.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I personally, do not. I am an Ice wizard and I have the hat and robe that have the snowflake patterns on them and I wear all black just to accentuate the patterns. To me its more fun. I do change it up a bit. I have worn purple with white trim before to also bring out the patterns. When I wear my school colors, its very hard to make out the patterns on my clothes.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
I do not wear my school colors on any of my wizards, I just wear what looks good for me. I used to wear green and gold (there was no brown) on my life wizard but I didn't like the color, so I decided to wear what I think looks good on all of my wizards.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I do not usually post twice but, I just had to tell a quick story. I was in battle with a new acquaintance whom I assumed was a Fire Wizard due to his / her all red attire. Boy! was I ever wrong. When I looked down at the battle info I notice the Ice icon under his / her name. Now you've made me start to wonder who else is "hiding" their True school .

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Some gear doesn't give you a choice. I've seen non-dye-able "Myth only" gear in blue and yellow... "Fire only" gear in red... "Life only" in green, etc.
This kind of thing makes color choice a non-issue.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Jordan Dragonshard on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
I personally, do not. I am an Ice wizard and I have the hat and robe that have the snowflake patterns on them and I wear all black just to accentuate the patterns. To me its more fun. I do change it up a bit. I have worn purple with white trim before to also bring out the patterns. When I wear my school colors, its very hard to make out the patterns on my clothes.
I find that this looks really good sometimes! :)

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
UrbanPie on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
I have a wizard and I and make his robes dark blue and white so show more maturity.
Apart from my wizard I OBEY the school uniform colours.
Dark blue and white look really good! (:

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
TucsonWizard on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Some gear doesn't give you a choice. I've seen non-dye-able "Myth only" gear in blue and yellow... "Fire only" gear in red... "Life only" in green, etc.
Nope, you can still dye it in the dye shop. LOL

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
Death's Colors Are Black And Grey I Wear Them

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
TucsonWizard on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
My Death Ruby Slippers Can Only Be Red

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Be my friend on Oct 31, 2015 wrote:
My Death Ruby Slippers Can Only Be Red
Oh, I can dye mine. I guess you got a bad pair.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Kitilark on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
I do not usually post twice but, I just had to tell a quick story. I was in battle with a new acquaintance whom I assumed was a Fire Wizard due to his / her all red attire. Boy! was I ever wrong. When I looked down at the battle info I notice the Ice icon under his / her name. Now you've made me start to wonder who else is "hiding" their True school .
Yes, in PVP wearing school colors is not necessarily the best idea. No need to advertise what you do, even if the info is easy to find out anyway. Every little bit of strategy helps!

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I wear them to an extent but not in a way that makes my school obvious.

Fire colors are red,yellow (which is arguably interchangeable with gold) ,orange, and pink (which I dislike as a color)

At any rate I usually wear black and gold so I suppose I could be mistaken for a death student alternatively I'll use white and gold so I may get mistaken as an ice student.

Ever popular black and red is also an option and is the only time I wear my school colors though the red is usually as a trim

Delver
May 12, 2012
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

However, all my party outfits are the character's school colors

- Allison Dragongem 80

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
NerdyHamster on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:
Oh, I can dye mine. I guess you got a bad pair.
I Bought Them At The Bazaar... Is That The Problem?

Survivor
Dec 06, 2014
To be honest, I wear completely different colors then my class. I'm a life wizard that wears black and white... and I ride a panther. Nobody has said anything about it yet, so I guess whatever color you choose is fine.
Just your thing, right?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
My low level wizards wear whatever color combo is cheapest. When you buy clothes in the bazaar you can lower the price by picking certain colors. For my Death wizard that was silver and white.
Now I wear white with red trim because i have the gold to afford it. The death clothing i like has black brambles twining over it so dying it black would cover up the design.