Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

repressing equipment cards

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
The thing is, years ago, I realized that if I kept the number of spells in my deck to a minimum I could often draw exactly what I needed within the first couple of turns. In the past my lvl 70 wizard has had just five spells in his actual deck slots and could win battles in as little as three turns. I actually have trouble when someone jumps in, because then I have to cast reshuffle because I am otherwise out of spells.

Yes I am aware that I can discard the extra spells I get from equipment and pet, and if I don't draw treasure cards, my hand will refill from my spell deck next turn.

Next turn

If I am trying to finish quests quickly I want to spend as few turns per fight as possible. Having an opening had with five equipment spells and no blades is a waste of a first turn.

My solution would be to allow us to go to our spell deck, and click on the equipment spells found just under our regular deck slots and put a nice red "X" on any of those spells that we don't want to draw in battle. Later, if one or more of those spells is useful we could click on the "X" and the spell would once again be in our card pool during battle.

Don't use a wand? Then I lose the extra starting power pip and lose a turn anyway. Don't wear equips or pets with spell cards? Then my damage, and/or accuracy goes down, and I lose turns again.

Fighting a creature that doesn't cast wards? turn off each of your wand blasts. Does it cast a shield sometimes? ok turn on two of your wand blasts. Got a pet with nice boosts to your stats, but you outgrew it's attack spell ages ago? turn the card off in your spell deck.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I would have thought there would have been more response, especially from higher level players who grind all the time. Since there isn't a like button for posts, and I don't know how to add a poll, comments for or against are really appreciated.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
The game works best the way it is because of these things that deal with luck and chance, like fizzle as well...

It's not meant to be rushed through with everything preset just to finish quests fast because you already perhaps know their weaknesses.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
And yet my power pip percentage is 100%, and I no longer fizzle when casting death spells, ( death accuracy bonus pushes it over 100%) I know my spells will hit, and I know when I will be able to cast them. It is a comfort, and an achievement that I am proud of, even if I rarely crit or block.

Right now the only downside to having a class or event pet, they provide their own card, and you can't keep it out of your spell deck.
Wands having five or more spells, or blasts, has always bothered me, If I need more than two, I should be casting an aoe instead.

It is just odd that I cannot refuse these "bonus" spells. It's not a case of I can't have my cake and eat it too. I just want to scrape off some of the frosting before I eat it.