Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

windows 10

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 15, 2009
like to know for sure if windows 10 will work for wizard101 before I load to my laptop.

thank you

M.Redblood

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
It is working ok for me but I have noticed that the cursor disappears in full screen mode at times and changing the resolution can cause the game to hang. It sounded like it was still running just not displaying correctly and I had to reboot my computer to fix this.

Perhaps this is unique to me but perhaps others are having this issue.

I have a fairly high end system with plenty of power and memory so that is not the issue unless it is a driver issue with Nvidia.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I can confirm that when I go from full screen to windowed mode at a lower resolution the game seems to continue playing (I can hear the background noises of my home) but the screen is frozen at the last spot I was at. Again maybe unique to me. I can close out and restart it but it would be great if this could be resolved.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
It works, yes, but I don't really understand why you would want to upgrade to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is the best and the support won't be ending in five years =D

Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Chrisbills on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
It works, yes, but I don't really understand why you would want to upgrade to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is the best and the support won't be ending in five years =D
I agree windows 7 is great. I will have to say that overall I like Win 10 as well. It seems pretty solid. Win 10 does seem noticeably faster and "snappier" that win 7 to me.

I think my issue is related to the Nvidia drivers. No real issue playing the game.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
I updated to win10 yesterday, updated graphic driver too but then it worked fine even today, just like on win8.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Chrisbills on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Only reason why I went to windows 10 is for directx 12. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with windows 10. There is a learning curve to it if you're coming from a windows 7 or earlier environment, but once you get the hang of things, you should be quite comfortable. It's very similar to windows 8, but more pc friendly.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2015
It is work for Window 10 on my laptop. Look great than old Windows.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
mpoffo on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
It is working ok for me but I have noticed that the cursor disappears in full screen mode at times and changing the resolution can cause the game to hang. It sounded like it was still running just not displaying correctly and I had to reboot my computer to fix this.

Perhaps this is unique to me but perhaps others are having this issue.

I have a fairly high end system with plenty of power and memory so that is not the issue unless it is a driver issue with Nvidia.
I am having the same issue with the display. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4400 graphics card so it won't be an NVIDIA driver issue.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
foogofoogo on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
I am having the same issue with the display. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4400 graphics card so it won't be an NVIDIA driver issue.

I was able to correct mine but it required me to update the display driver. With the way Windows 10 forces driver updates it caused me lots of problems. I finally figured out a way to turn it off since I like to update my own drivers. Even doing it manually seemed "rough" in windows 10. I am hoping the drivers/driver install programs mature fast for windows 10. :)

Kingsisle did recommend updating the driver. All I can suggest is getting the latest driver and installing it manually. If you google ways to turn off driver updates you will be able to control those supposedly. Not recommended for everyone but if you have issues with drivers it would be a good place to start. Microsoft has a tool out that supposedly you can use if you have issues with the automatic driver updates.

Hope this helps someone.