Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm wizard good or bad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
My son has a level 68 storm wizard.I think storm wizard are real bad on health, and they get killed real fast in battle.They have great spells that do a lot of damage.How can i make his storm wizard better so he wont die so much in battle?

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well i always use accuracy tc for my storm and its working pretty good its like on my life wiz i almost never fizzle

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
zechsy on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
My son has a level 68 storm wizard.I think storm wizard are real bad on health, and they get killed real fast in battle.They have great spells that do a lot of damage.How can i make his storm wizard better so he wont die so much in battle?
Resistance gear can really help, also having a life wizard (or ice wizard) around can help but it isn't needed.
Storm isn't really a solo school, they work better in a team

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I would have to know more about his current gear, pet, and deck setup to make a recommendation.

Here's what I did as a storm soloist in ZF:

• Get a complete set of either crafted Sudrilund gear, or Waterworks gear.
  • Use a good block wand with non-storm wand hits. At 68 your best choices are pack wands, but the bazaar has Spear of the Trade Winds, which has 55 global block and ice hits. It's cheap
  • Crafting crafting crafting. Yes, it's worth it. Visit Koyate Ghostmane for a pair of shoes that gives global block and some global resist while preserving storm damage and accuracy.
  • Use an athame and ring that give good pips and some critical block. Not having enough pips to Lord when your enemy is staring down at you, is as bad as not having any damage. To put it bluntly, especially where Tempest is concerned, pips = damage. You can buy adequate ones in bazaar, but you may also want to visit Ingolf the Grower in Vestrilund for his ring and athame recipes.
  • Small decks please. Find spells easily when you need them, so you can kill before you are killed. 3 attacks, 3 sun enchants, 2 blades, a heal, a cleanse. Side deck should always be stocked with 1 pierce, 1 cleanse, 1 feint, 1 pixie as needed. Boss decks might have a large single hit added in, or a prism.
  • Infallible is your besterest best friend. Train it when you can. Do not train Amplify - you don't even need it! (Later you get Galvanic Field, which is a much better damage booster) Don't bother with ANY other star spell.
  • An ounce of prevention: training life through sprite, ice to tower shield, balance to weakness, and stun block give you lots of tools to nerf incoming damage and heal yourself. A storm with only crafted gear can stay alive a LONG time using these measures while saving pips for a massive hit. Hint: they all cost 0 or a white pip.
  • Running out of space: Work on your pet. Aim for resist and heals, and then work on damages.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Since he is almost legendary level he can get better gear with accuracy. Try crafting the wintertusk gear or farming the 60+ level dungeon in Aquila or the Zig-A-Zag new dungeon via the balance school. He can also get a pet, (or hatch one), then train it so it will heal him in battle. He should have an amulet that can heal also like sprite or satyr. Empowerment tc will help him gather pips for stronger tempest. He should also use shields while he is blading so he does not die before he attacks. This is what I have observed from all of the storm wizards I have battled with.

Hope he can get past this because storm wizards rock!!

Autumn Wild
Exalted
and also...
Danielle Shadow Level 17

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Nordic Champion on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
Since he is almost legendary level he can get better gear with accuracy. Try crafting the wintertusk gear or farming the 60+ level dungeon in Aquila or the Zig-A-Zag new dungeon via the balance school. He can also get a pet, (or hatch one), then train it so it will heal him in battle. He should have an amulet that can heal also like sprite or satyr. Empowerment tc will help him gather pips for stronger tempest. He should also use shields while he is blading so he does not die before he attacks. This is what I have observed from all of the storm wizards I have battled with.

Hope he can get past this because storm wizards rock!!

Autumn Wild
Exalted
and also...
Danielle Shadow Level 17
Atlantea is level 70+.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
zechsy on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
storm is my favourite school; yes, our health is subpar, but other stats (crit block, resist) matter more because you stand a greater chance of surviving those big hits at the upper levels.

it took a lot of work to get my wizard to where she is, but her stats are pretty fearsome now. i can get up to 40% universal resist (or higher, if i had a double-resist pet) and over 200 crit block.

my advice for your son's wizard:

1) farm waterworks for the level 60 elite gear or get his crafting up and make him a full wintertusk crafted set; as he levels up, you may want to craft the avalon (level 76+) and azteca (level 86+) boots and a good wand (go for the ice ones~ they tend to have higher block ratings).

2) get him a pet with healing or proof/defy (resist-based) talents. it may take a lot of gold and many hatches, but i assure you that it's worth it. if either one of you has a central account, i have a storm beetle i'd be more than happy to hatch with him.

3) forgo critical in favour of high block~ critical is way too random, and everything blocks it anyway.

good luck!

-von
exalted

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Storm is an incredibly powerful school of magic that makes things easier for other players. I love a good life wizard on my team, but I'd much rather have a storm partner. My blade is yours, now go wipe the board clean of our enemies!

for !

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Storm is great! They have the lowest accuracy but only 5 lower than fire, but have by far the most damage by 130 compared to fire but 230 more than ice.Storm rocks!!!!!!!!!!!