Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best place to get amber?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
Ok, to all you wizards out there, we all know the hardest reagent to get is amber. so i really want to know which boss have the highest chance of dropping amber?
Archmage

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I got most of mine through gardening. I had a huge King Parsley garden because they are easy to take care of and they drop Amber at last harvest from time to time. I also grow Red Bell Peppers and White Tiger Lilies. The also drop Amber at last harvest from time to time. There are a few other plants that drop them but these are the most common. I farm the bazaar for Red Bell Peppers and White Tiger Lilies seeds. Other than that I have had The Gladiator and Cronus drop them for me also. So while farming for the rings and athames that those 2 bosses drop you can also collect amber. Hope this is helpful.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Gladiator Dimachaerus in Mount Olympus and Cronus in Tartarus drop amber most often.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Gardening. Google optimal gardening methods, setup several king parsley gardens with 50+ plants per garden. You will get about two amber per entire garden final harvest. Maintain your gardens in rotating fashion (each wizard visits one garden per day or whatever). Best with a couple wizards gardening in parallel. 8 weeks later you will have a bunch. 4 months later you won't know what to do with them all.

It sounds like lots of work, but you will also be swimming in more gold than you can spend.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Its slow working but gardening really is your best bet plus the shear amount of excess pet snacks (You will be drowing in rock and roll candy, pb &j and lolipops) you can make a nice bit of side gold. I actually hit the gold cap from selling it all. You can also get some of the harder to find reagents like diamond sunstone and springs.(these three along with amber are the bane of my crafting existance.)

Survivor
Nov 03, 2012
Defender
Oct 04, 2010
Wolf Shadow Horn on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
Ok, to all you wizards out there, we all know the hardest reagent to get is amber. so i really want to know which boss have the highest chance of dropping amber?
Archmage
Heya!

This lists all the ways you can get Amber~

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Amber