Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank 5 Lures

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Has anyone noticed a difference when using rank 5 lures over rank 2 lures? I still use the rank 2 and get rare fish so what is the difference?

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
With higher rank lures you can get a higher chance at catching the fish. That is one thing and also there are multiple ranks of fish. If you use a fish lure of lower rank than the fish is, it has a higher chance to escape.

There are currently only rank 1 and rank 2 fish catching spells and rank 1 and rank 2 fish.

Arthur

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
There are currently only rank 1 and rank 2 fish catching spells and rank 1 and rank 2 fish.

Arthur
I called them rank two and five because those were the levels you get the lures. At fishing level 2 I was able to buy all lures besides Ice of course so I called them rank 2. When I got to fishing level 5 I was able to buy the next set of lures so I called them rank 5.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
yeah, i think the fishing is still in a beta sort. its still fun to play! although i must admit, first, i didnt know where to find the higher ranked lures, then i assumed the fishing feature was still in beta.

Rachel Firestone
lvl 50