Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Quest - Sharkspeare

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2010
As part of the second fishing quest, "Fishful Thinking" you need to catch a "Sharkspeare", which is an ice fish. They are only found in the tiny pool of water by Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town. Now, this pool usually has a few fish, but sometimes it is empty. Worse still, when I use a spell to check the school of the fish, 90% of the time they are all balance. Occasionally there will be one ice, but it is always a "Garrfish" or "Frost Dekoi". Or sometimes it will get away. I need to catch a "Sharkspeare" to continue with fishing!

Help!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
John DarkLeaf on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
As part of the second fishing quest, "Fishful Thinking" you need to catch a "Sharkspeare", which is an ice fish. They are only found in the tiny pool of water by Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town. Now, this pool usually has a few fish, but sometimes it is empty. Worse still, when I use a spell to check the school of the fish, 90% of the time they are all balance. Occasionally there will be one ice, but it is always a "Garrfish" or "Frost Dekoi". Or sometimes it will get away. I need to catch a "Sharkspeare" to continue with fishing!

Help!
I have never seen all Balance fish there and have never seen none. Just go to a different area (like zip over to the commons) so it resets and try again. Sharkespeare is a pesky one to find, but keep at it - he's pretty cool.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
I actually caught it twice so I will tell you what I know about it.

Sharkspeare is an ice fish.

He is located in Wizard City, Olde Town.

He is pretty easy to catch you just have to keep using an ice lure.

You get better luck when you use a Rank 2 Ice Spell (You can find a teacher in Grizzlehiem, Northgaurd)

If there are no fish (like you specifically mentioned in your intro) reset the server. If you don't know how you can just do some quests.

Hope this helped!!!

Elizabeth Level 67