Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with Weakness Spell from enemies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2014
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to rid my little storm wizard of those undesirable multiple weakness spells cast by the enemies.

As a lvl 22 storm, I haven't yet learnt 'cleanse charm', and can only remove weakness with a simple wand spell. However, whenever more than one enemies decide to cast the spell on me, I usually feel my options are limited:

1) I could force through the spell with a storm shark,with much reduced power,or
2) I could spend more than one rounds wasting weakness one after another with wand spells

What do you think, guys? Could you help me out pls?

Sabrina Skycaster, lvl 22 , Gone Fishin'

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sabrina Skycaster on Oct 2, 2014 wrote:
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to rid my little storm wizard of those undesirable multiple weakness spells cast by the enemies.

As a lvl 22 storm, I haven't yet learnt 'cleanse charm', and can only remove weakness with a simple wand spell. However, whenever more than one enemies decide to cast the spell on me, I usually feel my options are limited:

1) I could force through the spell with a storm shark,with much reduced power,or
2) I could spend more than one rounds wasting weakness one after another with wand spells

My storm wizard blades and traps and ignores the weakness. In DragonSprye it becomes chronic and constant, with most battles ending up with a bunch of them on you.

I play storm very offensively so I forge though them, not wanting to risk the extra rounds of damage from the monsters. You can also buy tough/giant TC's to enchant your spells to off set the reduction. In the ole days we used to buy a bunch and make up our own TC's in golem tower.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sabrina Skycaster on Oct 2, 2014 wrote:
Hi

Just cast your spell. You can use blade/traps to help boost but honestly with storm being the strongest [base] spells, you'll still be fine. I give up trying to get rid of weakness at a certain point because it seems like every other spell cast by a boss/mobs is this spell.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
As an exalted Balance Wizard I have just carried Cleanse Charm TC with me. If i feel the need to remove the weakness i just use one. If i have multiple weakness i just ignore them and blade and trap as best I can. Luckily i trained feint so weakness is not as much a bother.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exlated
Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 24
Scarlet FireEyes Level 20

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Another method is to use a wand that isn't of your school. That way you can put up your blades and traps and if you get a Weakness cast on you use the wand spell and it'll use up the Weakness and not waste your blades and traps. I've found the method Northlite mentioned to be very successful as well. Good luck!

Survivor
Sep 05, 2014
Thanks guys for your valuable inputs

Approaching the end of my first month, I'm still trying to understand various storm spells and those of other schools as much as I can.

This game never stops amazing me, and that's why I love it !

Happy questing, guys

Sabrina Skycaster, lvl 24 , Gone Fishin'