Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-26-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks! It's a sunny Friday, and that couldn't make me happier. But, before I go play outside in the sunshine, let's talk feedback for the week...

This week, let's chat about prism spells and you. Do you use your school's prism spells? If you do, at what level did you start understanding and reaping the benefits of their usefulness? If you don't find them useful, why not?

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone, and hope the weekend is just as bright and sunny!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Yup, sure do. As soon as I got them I joyfully began reaping the benefits. They make a HUGE difference when I am facing my own school.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I start using prisms as soon as they are available. They become even more useful as the game progresses, most notably once you mass Prisms. Creatures in Zafaria and beyond all have boosts to multiple schools so they become useful even against schools other than your own. For instance Ice creatures are boosted by both Fire and Myth attacks, so a Storm wizard can use Mass Prism as a "Trap All" spell when fighting Ice. Death can do the same vs Storm creatures since they boost Life attacks. At the highest levels, I really only use them in boss fights because 40% mob resist isn't much to power through, but 80% makes them necessary.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Great question Professor Falmea!

I didn't understand the Prism at all when I first got the spell. Once I understood them, I realized how invaluable they can be.

Do I use them? Yes, of course. When a boss has 80% resist to me, it is a must have spell. The alternative is Shadow Shrike to pierce the resist, but that doesn't come until Khrysalis.

I would like to have seen Diego training at least when I got my first Prism. So many players struggle with Prisms and the ways they help us the most. For example, seeing a Myth player in Mooshu put a Myth prism on a Storm boss is hard to watch. The only way to get it off is to hit it and it wastes our universal traps!

The players that struggle are usually newer players that are not yet connected with the community. That is also about the time where it is most helpful to learn there is an online community outside of Wizard101 that discusses issues, develops strategies and shares helpful techniques to make it through the tougher aspects of the game. I wish there was a way in game to advertize the official fansites and their tools on a bulletin board of sorts. That way, players seeking help would know we are out there trying to help them.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I use my Prism all the time! I found it's usefulness in Avalon because the bosses resist a lot of damage without it its insane. Its really helpful but also a waste of space in the deck in my opinion also the time wasted to find it. I'm just like Yay I have everything else up now i need to find my Prism in order to place the rest of my traps then i can attack. Meanwhile... Someone else joins and kills it and my time of finding it was wasted.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Yes, i DO use the prisms, whenever i find myself up against my own school. However, I don't really find them useful until I get past Dragonspyre since up through that world most (if not all) of the creatures can shield for the opposite school-life shields death, fire shields ice, and so on. once you get to Celestia that lessens. And the most useful of the prisms is the Mass Prism. That was a stroke of genius there. Now we can easily convert every enemy in the fight for a low mana/pip cost! That really is useful when you solo and you find yourself fighting creatures that are all of your school. Just my two cents and thanks for all you do to make this game fun!

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Oh I started using the prism spell as soon as I got it. I truly love the mass prism spell though. So handy in places like oh...mirror lake where that 3rd fight is against 4Goliath Ice School bugs. They even come in handy outside of the obvious because sometimes you can use them against bosses you wouldn't expect that are [in my case] more vulnerable to fire than ice. minor suggestion appended to this. can you put the night sabatons and the mercy trueflight bows in the crown shop proper for a couple to 8thousand crowns depending on level, as opposed to just available as possible give in the knights lore pack?

Connor lvl 100

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
I caught on quickly after getting the spell that I could jump my school's shield when an opponent placed one up to block my next hit spell. I also realized the importance of placing a trap after the prism and not before, unless it was a curse or feint. I am sure after reading this you will realize. I am a Death Wizard.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
All my wizards started using them on monsters of the same school as soon as they got the spell. And then when i hit Celestia or Wintertusk, I use them to take advantage of the fact that each school boosts an additional school at that level.

For example, my myth now uses prisms on fire types because they boost storm. You know, the answer is so obvious, I'm wondering if the question is worth asking.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Yes, I started using them around the time I got to marleybone.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
before i got the quest for it, i bought them from the bazaar. i use them if they come up or i rely on my 19% pierce and 15% extraordinary to do the job. as for the level, i don't remember what level i got the spell.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Down here, in Ca. we've had a cloudy day, with not-so-much sunshine.
For me, prisms became useful in Dragonspire, when I had to fight Silvia Drake. Before that point, the monsters used shields to soon in the game, so there was no time to use prisms.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
For sure! Prisms are very important. I started using them when introduced, level 7 or so.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
To be honest, no. I didn't even know what a prism did until level 20.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2011
Prisms are helpful but not the best to use at times because your enemy can shield for the type your trying to prism for. I don't use prisms often but sometimes they are a must. so I do use them but not for some bosses.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Well since I'm balance I don't have any prisms. That doesn't stop me from loving . It's great.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I don't use prisms, unless I face anything with silly, high resistance.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
I sure do. Though I dont have them in my deck all the time, they are very helpful when defeating the boss of your school. Though they can get kinda annoying with fire.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I have been playing since about 2009 off and on, I knew what the prisms where for but I did not start using them until I met someone who showed me a really good way of using them this year. I was level 60 and we where fighting malister for the first time or at least I was I do not remember if it was her first time or not, but the way she showed me how to use them to your advantage was very impressive.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I use prisms whenever I am fighting against an ice creature. I figured out their benefit when I was in my level 20s, in Krokotopia.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
My balance does not know these "prisms" you speak of.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I wouldn't be where I am in the game today without them. Mass Prism was such a welcome spell for those battles where all of your enemies are the same school as you.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
I think the prisms are really useful! I started using them the level I learned them.

-Michael Thundersword

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Of course I use prisms against bosses of the same school as my wizard. I am pretty sure everyone would...aside from TC or your secondary school, it takes forever to beat a same-school boss without them.

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
Jacob BlueSword on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
To be honest, no. I didn't even know what a prism did until level 20.
Sorry, I'm lvl 36 and still haven't used them. Now, I probably will because I know how they work. Thank you Professor Falmea

Rebecca Raintalon