Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solo sensing Bosses/Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
It seems that almost every high level Wizard has finished the Morganthe Arc since I'm finding the team up button pretty useless even after constantly changing realms.
I have a lot of difficulty teaming up with in game friends because of the great time difference being here Australia.
My Balance Wizard has to face the Moro tree roots, after being unable to find anyone to team up with for three days I decided to attempt this dungeon by just buying henchmen. I spent 1600 crowns on various henchmen and still died. I thought ok, I'll flee and come back, as long as my henchmen are still alive I should be able to port back with full health but no the dungeon warning told me otherwise.Without a life henchmen ( the first one to die) I had to leave.
This experience got me thinking...
What if KI could introduce a way for the AI to sense that you are a solo player using henchen and adjust the difficulty level accordingly.
I'm not talking about making these dungeons a walk in the park, no, everyone likes to feel they have beaten an enemy with their best effort.
But what if the changes meant that bosses fizzled more often or we blocked their critical more often or they didn't block ours quite so much.
Anything to stay alive longer makes the likelyhood of victory much greater.
Now I just want to make it perfectly clear....I am not complaining about my recent defeat.
As the saying goes "Nessecity is the mother of invention". If I hadn't been defeated I'd never have thought of this idea.
Good or bad what does everyone think?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Enlightened One on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
It seems that almost every high level Wizard has finished the Morganthe Arc since I'm finding the team up button pretty useless even after constantly changing realms.
I have a lot of difficulty teaming up with in game friends because of the great time difference being here Australia.
My Balance Wizard has to face the Moro tree roots, after being unable to find anyone to team up with for three days I decided to attempt this dungeon by just buying henchmen. I spent 1600 crowns on various henchmen and still died. I thought ok, I'll flee and come back, as long as my henchmen are still alive I should be able to port back with full health but no the dungeon warning told me otherwise.Without a life henchmen ( the first one to die) I had to leave.
This experience got me thinking...
What if KI could introduce a way for the AI to sense that you are a solo player using henchen and adjust the difficulty level accordingly.
I'm not talking about making these dungeons a walk in the park, no, everyone likes to feel they have beaten an enemy with their best effort.
But what if the changes meant that bosses fizzled more often or we blocked their critical more often or they didn't block ours quite so much.
Anything to stay alive longer makes the likelyhood of victory much greater.
Now I just want to make it perfectly clear....I am not complaining about my recent defeat.
As the saying goes "Nessecity is the mother of invention". If I hadn't been defeated I'd never have thought of this idea.
Good or bad what does everyone think?
Yes yes yes yes! I totally agree! I think that bosses should be higher or lower level depending on your level and your team mates level.
They do this is gauntlets I'm pretty sure, but I don't think they do this in regular dungeons
I solo most of the game but at level 55 it's starting to become more difficult and I had to have help on a few places in Dragonspyre, and now I'm stuck in Wintertusk.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Survivor
May 06, 2011
Hey Enlightened One,

I am an Aussie too and agree with most of the issues you raise.

I have four wizards that have completed the game who would be more than happy to help you with boss battles or questing.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!

Leesha Lotusflower

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I would really love to see the option of selecting the difficulty of a dungeon or instance. For casual players like me, I'm not so interested in the "challenge" as jut being able to get onto the next without having to tap out my crowns account. The Team Up button hasn't done me much good since I'm usually on during the slow part of the night. The few times I've managed to find someone, they bail out as soon as we enter the dungeon or sit and do nothing, leaving me to fight the battle alone. I despise spending lots of crowns on minions just to get through a battle.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
A slight change in difficulty to the bigger dungeons depending on whether you're solo or not wouldn't be too much for KI to handle, I'm sure. I personally don't need this, but some people may need it. Also, changing realms doesn't affect Team Up.