Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gates?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2014
I'm not sure where to put this so I'm sorry if this belongs knowhere. But may I ask about these gates? Like the one behind the waterfall, with a death school sign on it. And in Haunted Cave. However I have no idea what they are for or how you use them. So may I get and answer to this? It's fine if I can't.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The Death School behind the waterfall will open up for you when you are over level 10 and have quested through enough of Wizard City to activate that quest. The Haunted Cave houses a dungeon that was open for October last year, presumably this will be a recurring event for Halloween.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
when you defeat the final boss of wizard city merle ambrose will send you there to the door behind the waterfall. believe it or not behind it is the death school. where you can learn more death spells. and the one in the haunted cave is a special dungeon for halloween .

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RoaringPanther on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure where to put this so I'm sorry if this belongs knowhere. But may I ask about these gates? Like the one behind the waterfall, with a death school sign on it. And in Haunted Cave. However I have no idea what they are for or how you use them. So may I get and answer to this? It's fine if I can't.
Some of them are school only quests. The one you mentioned in the Haunted Cave was used for a Halloween only quest everyone (over a certain level) could do. Hopefully they will bring that back this year.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
The one where the waterfall is for people who have defeated lord nightshade and go to night side and find the death school and the one in haunted cave was a Halloween quest you get from the death assistant in night side but you had to be level 13 to get it . hoped this helped

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
You can get into the gate behind the waterfall when you finish Wizard City, and you can only get in to the gates in the Haunted Cave around Halloween.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
RoaringPanther on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
RoaringPanther,
The door behind the Waterfall in the Commons leads to Nightside, residence of the lost death academy.

During the Halloween festivities, a quest was available in which the barred doors played a part in a rogue vegetable adventure. I expect this opportunity to come back around during the 2014 Halloween Fest.

As for your opening sentence, your choice of section is fine.

Miranda Thundergem
Promethean
Floating Mountains, Azteca

Survivor
Aug 03, 2014
The gates behind the waterfall with a death school sign on is to a death school where you can get more cards,However you will unlock this gates when you get to a certain level.

From_
sailemletsplay / Danillejadepetal
Level:20
School: Life

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Some of the special gates have to do with quests, you will come to these later. Some of them only open around Halloween time or other holidays.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
The one behind the waterfall leads to nightside, an area you unlock by doing Wizard city mainline quests. The door in the haunted cave might have a use but I don't know of it.
Tara