Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too Much Crowns per area.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Hello large world of wizards,
Today I have a topic to discuss. It costs way to many crowns to buy an area. I had recently bought a $20 pack that would give me 10,000 crowns and how long did it last? One day. I remember the days where you could buy 3-4 areas for only 1000-2500 crowns. Now I can only get one area at a time for 1000-3000 crowns A PIECE. Can someone please bring light to this issue? I know KI wants to make money but jeez, I liked the game where I could get more for less. Lots of people could agree with me on this. Maybe 10,000 crowns would be nice free of charge. Thanks for reading.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I assume it has always been like that since the launch. As you get into higher level worlds the crown price goes up. I stopped buying areas with crowns in Krokotopia or Marleybone and bought membership instead since it costs much less than buying areas with crowns.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Sounds like they are discouraging using crowns to buy an area, and encouraging subscriptions that buy all areas. The recent sale for 1 yr for $5/month was pretty decent came to $60 for one year.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balanced Wizard on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Hello large world of wizards,
Today I have a topic to discuss. It costs way to many crowns to buy an area. I had recently bought a $20 pack that would give me 10,000 crowns and how long did it last? One day. I remember the days where you could buy 3-4 areas for only 1000-2500 crowns. Now I can only get one area at a time for 1000-3000 crowns A PIECE. Can someone please bring light to this issue? I know KI wants to make money but jeez, I liked the game where I could get more for less. Lots of people could agree with me on this. Maybe 10,000 crowns would be nice free of charge. Thanks for reading.
The only areas that cost 1995 crowns are Azteca amd Khrysalis. The only ones that cost more than that are the 3 Aquila dungeons that are completely optional.

Mount Olympus for Level 30+ Wizards 2495 Atlantea for Level 70+ Wizards 3245 Tartarus for Level 90+ Wizards 3995
Dungeon Rentals - 645

For Crowns players, we have added an additional option to rent these fun Dungeon Zones. You can rent a single Dungeon for six hours for 645.

After Dragonspyre almost all zones sell as 2-4 areas, it'a mostly the early middle worlds that sell as single areas.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
If I were you I would wait till the crowns sale online, 60,000 crowns for 60 dollars. Or just buy a year membership when it goes on sale..60 dollars.