Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opposite of Balance

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Balance has wanted an opposite for quite some time but everything suggested has been tossed aside due to programming, or the fact it's not an opposite, or Chaos being in Wysteria already. Well I suggest that instead of a new game, like Villain101, or Traitor101, at the start of the quiz, you get asked whether you are good or evil. If you choose good, then the quiz goes ahead and you become either a Pyromancer, Thaumaturge, Diviner, Conjurer, Theurgist, Necromancer or Sorcerer. But if you choose evil, then the quiz page disappears, and Merle turns to a shadowy figure (Mallistaire) who says: "They have chosen evil over good, so they shall come with me." Merle would sigh, and walk out of the room, then Mallistaire would say: "Come with me." Then the loading screen appears, and when it passes, you're inside the Dragonspyre Fire School, and Mallistaire says: "Try this test instead." And after the different test, you will become either a Ignist (fire), Imberer (water), Caelist (aether), Aevumancer (time), Letumancer (death), Vist (nature) or Congariad (chaos). This will introduce other schools including chaos. But it isn't exactly chaos, as 'Congaria' is Latin for ruins, removing the Wysteria problem. It's pretty much the opposite of balance, so that's the opposite problem gone. That leaves programming, which is the reason I made sure of that intro bit. Of course the intro would require a fair bit of programming, but not so much that literally the entire game would need to be changed. But if this programming could be done, then that leaves the storyline for the seven new schools. Obviously you aren't going to be good in this turn of events, so you will instead be helping Mallistaire during the first arc, meaning after you've customised your wizard, Mallistaire will ask you to go to Wizard City, and defeat the teachers, with Merle being the last battle (he goes easy on you). Then you go to Krokotopia and defeat the Marleybonians & Manders or something among those lines. Until in Dragonspyre, where at the end, you realise that you must defeat Mallistaire, but instead of going back to Ravenwood, Morganthe appears and you join her. At the end of Khrysalis, you see Old Cob, who tells you to work with the good wizards, if only to cause anarchy. Then in the 3rd arc onwards, there's 1 storyline and 14 schools.

I'll probably post each school's details at various points, but until then, what do you think? Agree or not? Think of any improvements?

Blaze Sandblade - Level 50-something sorcerer.

~ Insert quote here.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
It would be nice, but we are already so far into the game, and Balance wizards have already learned how to handle Balance bosses. I don't think they would take the time to add that many new base schools.

-Nick

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
It would be nice, but we are already so far into the game, and Balance wizards have already learned how to handle Balance bosses. I don't think they would take the time to add that many new base schools.

-Nick
I know, but, as you said, it would be nice, and it would somewhat equate sorcerers to the other schools.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
At Pickswick Academy, Chaos is the "stolen" counterpart of Myth, not Balance, whose counterpart is Equilibrium. I'm also kind of confused as to which Ravenwood schools are counterparts to your proposed Dragonspyre ones. However, your idea for an alternate evil storyline is quite intriguing. Would you have to fight, instead of monsters, low-level wizard npcs?
The fact of the matter is, though, that Balance has no opposite, since it combines all the other schools, and Balance bosses have boosts for Myth, Life and Death. Nice idea though!
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff Initiate

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
what nicholas said. and not just that but 1. balance is suppose to be a combination of every school, so how can there be a difference. 2. balance boosts to all the spirit schools (cause balance is mostly elemental from the looks of krokotpia.)

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
That sounds like a really interesting idea. Water and time are something new. And chaos is definitely the opposite of balance.

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
what if instead of where as balance was boosted on by , , and, we could make it to where the new school that's opposite of balance is boosted on by that's would make it even more even with the school when you get the new school boss

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
Balance has wanted an opposite for quite some time but everything suggested has been tossed aside due to programming, or the fact it's not an opposite, or Chaos being in Wysteria already. Well I suggest that instead of a new game, like Villain101, or Traitor101, at the start of the quiz, you get asked whether you are good or evil. If you choose good, then the quiz goes ahead and you become either a Pyromancer, Thaumaturge, Diviner, Conjurer, Theurgist, Necromancer or Sorcerer. But if you choose evil, then the quiz page disappears, and Merle turns to a shadowy figure (Mallistaire) who says: "They have chosen evil over good, so they shall come with me." Merle would sigh, and walk out of the room, then Mallistaire would say: "Come with me." Then the loading screen appears, and when it passes, you're inside the Dragonspyre Fire School, and Mallistaire says: "Try this test instead." And after the different test, you will become either a Ignist (fire), Imberer (water), Caelist (aether), Aevumancer (time), Letumancer (death), Vist (nature) or Congariad (chaos). This will introduce other schools including chaos. But it isn't exactly chaos, as 'Congaria' is Latin for ruins, removing the Wysteria problem. It's pretty much the opposite of balance, so that's the opposite problem gone. That leaves programming, which is the reason I made sure of that intro bit. Of course the intro would require a fair bit of programming, but not so much that literally the entire game would need to be changed. But if this programming could be done, then that leaves the storyline for the seven new schools. Obviously you aren't going to be good in this turn of events, so you will instead be helping Mallistaire during the first arc, meaning after you've customised your wizard, Mallistaire will ask you to go to Wizard City, and defeat the teachers, with Merle being the last battle (he goes easy on you). Then you go to Krokotopia and defeat the Marleybonians & Manders or something among those lines. Until in Dragonspyre, where at the end, you realise that you must defeat Mallistaire, but instead of going back to Ravenwood, Morganthe appears and you join her. At the end of Khrysalis, you see Old Cob, who tells you to work with the good wizards, if only to cause anarchy. Then in the 3rd arc onwards, there's 1 storyline and 14 schools.

I'll probably post each school's details at various points, but until then, what do you think? Agree or not? Think of any improvements?

Blaze Sandblade - Level 50-something sorcerer.

~ Insert quote here.
Thanks for everyone's feedback and I can tell that a few people are unsure of what's changed. Well, since in Dragonspyre, there are still fire & death schools, I thought that Mallistaire would use corrupted versions of those schools. Obviously if Balance brought together the Titans, then maybe Chaos could be the ones who began the war in the first place, making the two mortal (and immortal in some cases) enemies. That leaves Water, Aether, Time & Nature.

Start off easy, Life is a school that's important in most situations, but due to life being a too 'good' school, Mallistaire began digging through scrolls until he came across something. All attacking spells in Life are not Life-themed spells, but Nature. Then he discovered Nature covered many things, herbal remedies, traps, animation, poisons. He thought that this would be able to be used in his army of evil, to slowly bring down an opponent, while being almost untouchable themselves.

Ice is powerful, and in Wysteria, Frost is also rather strong, but something was much stronger, yet the same. Water is a tool, shaped to do whatever you need, drenching an opponent, blasting them away. But can also be used to move shields aside. Water used to be taught in Wizard City, but soon, Alchemy replaced it, as turning something into another was said to be better. But Mallistaire remembers the resilience & resourcefulness of Imberers, and so he knew that if all else fails, Water would prevail.

Aether replaces Storm. Aether, Latin for air, is both what it is called, and so much more. Aether is the land between dimensions, the place where nothingness & everything resides. When you dream, you slip into the Aether, where anything is likely to happen. If someone can control the Aether, as Caelists do, then they can manipulate space itself. And as you may have heard before, space is often associated with...

Time! Time is fairly self-explanatory. If someone controls Space, they control everything but Time, and vice-versa. They have created spells to specifically harm each other, making them opposites, just like Ignists to Imberers, Letumancers to Vists, Congariads to Sorcerers. Time controls the order of things, the way things are done. They focus on defeating an opponent before the opponent even has a chance to strike. Playing unfair is just one of their favourite things to do.

I tried to think of schools that have been suggested, but not yet implemented. And

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
WinterTundra2 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
That sounds like a really interesting idea. Water and time are something new. And chaos is definitely the opposite of balance.
Chaos is the opposite of order, not balance. Balance by it's very definition requires just as much chaos as order. It's the very balance of opposites, it CANNOT have an opposite. The opposite of Balance is Imbalance which tips everything to the opposite spectrum. Creating an opposite school for Balance defeats the whole purpose of the Balance school.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for everyone's feedback and I can tell that a few people are unsure of what's changed. Well, since in Dragonspyre, there are still fire & death schools, I thought that Mallistaire would use corrupted versions of those schools. Obviously if Balance brought together the Titans, then maybe Chaos could be the ones who began the war in the first place, making the two mortal (and immortal in some cases) enemies. That leaves Water, Aether, Time & Nature.

Start off easy, Life is a school that's important in most situations, but due to life being a too 'good' school, Mallistaire began digging through scrolls until he came across something. All attacking spells in Life are not Life-themed spells, but Nature. Then he discovered Nature covered many things, herbal remedies, traps, animation, poisons. He thought that this would be able to be used in his army of evil, to slowly bring down an opponent, while being almost untouchable themselves.

Ice is powerful, and in Wysteria, Frost is also rather strong, but something was much stronger, yet the same. Water is a tool, shaped to do whatever you need, drenching an opponent, blasting them away. But can also be used to move shields aside. Water used to be taught in Wizard City, but soon, Alchemy replaced it, as turning something into another was said to be better. But Mallistaire remembers the resilience & resourcefulness of Imberers, and so he knew that if all else fails, Water would prevail.

Aether replaces Storm. Aether, Latin for air, is both what it is called, and so much more. Aether is the land between dimensions, the place where nothingness & everything resides. When you dream, you slip into the Aether, where anything is likely to happen. If someone can control the Aether, as Caelists do, then they can manipulate space itself. And as you may have heard before, space is often associated with...

Time! Time is fairly self-explanatory. If someone controls Space, they control everything but Time, and vice-versa. They have created spells to specifically harm each other, making them opposites, just like Ignists to Imberers, Letumancers to Vists, Congariads to Sorcerers. Time controls the order of things, the way things are done. They focus on defeating an opponent before the opponent even has a chance to strike. Playing unfair is just one of their favourite things to do.

I tried to think of schools that have been suggested, but not yet implemented. And
Ignistry is a secret that was closely guarded, and only 3 worlds had it. Deep in Krokotopia & Mirage were scrolls of Pyromancers using magic that hadn't been seen before, not normal fire, black smoky figures and misty images instead of red flames. Ignists used the things fire made, destruction, smoke, darkness. Ignistry is one of the most unreliable forms of magic, and in the third world that knew about it (Dragonspyre), Mallistaire forced the king Draconian to tell him about Ignistry, so that his army could squash Pyromancers of Ravenwood with an army of illusions.

School & Teachers: The Dragonspyre fire school is the home for Ignists, and the Draconian teacher Asp-hiss will guide Ignists to battle. The school tree is Ashleigh, and the inside of the school has rows of crimson seats, and Drake statues.

School Philosophy: Ignistry is the art of using what flames bring, smoke, destruction, etc. Ignists are normally sly, strong & quick to the point, making them formidable enemies, and very powerful. In the Titan War, the Fire Dragons created lots of things that eventually merged to create beings known only as Deflagrates. Lore states that the Deflagrates were humanoid beings made of smoke, that wreaked havoc during the war, they could harm their enemies, but were only mist when attacked themselves. The school colours are crimson & dark grey, the symbol is a dark grey smoky fist and the gemstone is Garnet.

Spells: The school of Smoke has spells that could lower accuracy, weaken attacks, minions & attacks.

Smog - 2 pips, -50% accuracy to next spell to all enemies.

Intangible - 5 pips, The target cannot use any spells on other people

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Ignistry is a secret that was closely guarded, and only 3 worlds had it. Deep in Krokotopia & Mirage were scrolls of Pyromancers using magic that hadn't been seen before, not normal fire, black smoky figures and misty images instead of red flames. Ignists used the things fire made, destruction, smoke, darkness. Ignistry is one of the most unreliable forms of magic, and in the third world that knew about it (Dragonspyre), Mallistaire forced the king Draconian to tell him about Ignistry, so that his army could squash Pyromancers of Ravenwood with an army of illusions.

School & Teachers: The Dragonspyre fire school is the home for Ignists, and the Draconian teacher Asp-hiss will guide Ignists to battle. The school tree is Ashleigh, and the inside of the school has rows of crimson seats, and Drake statues.

School Philosophy: Ignistry is the art of using what flames bring, smoke, destruction, etc. Ignists are normally sly, strong & quick to the point, making them formidable enemies, and very powerful. In the Titan War, the Fire Dragons created lots of things that eventually merged to create beings known only as Deflagrates. Lore states that the Deflagrates were humanoid beings made of smoke, that wreaked havoc during the war, they could harm their enemies, but were only mist when attacked themselves. The school colours are crimson & dark grey, the symbol is a dark grey smoky fist and the gemstone is Garnet.

Spells: The school of Smoke has spells that could lower accuracy, weaken attacks, minions & attacks.

Smog - 2 pips, -50% accuracy to next spell to all enemies.

Intangible - 5 pips, The target cannot use any spells on other people
Sorry, I don't know what happened there, the last one was meant to say that the target cannot use spells that affect others, but others can use spells that affect the target.