Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Everyone is a member weekend?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2014
I don't know if this has already been posted but I was wondering if there could be a weekend or maybe a 3 day period where everyone is a member. I know that this would be great for people who can't pay for the game just to have a few days to do as much quests as they can.

Thanks,
Dylan Unicornblood level 30

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Drainey3 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
I don't know if this has already been posted but I was wondering if there could be a weekend or maybe a 3 day period where everyone is a member. I know that this would be great for people who can't pay for the game just to have a few days to do as much quests as they can.

Thanks,
I would rather ask for free crowns. Then those who don't pay can just buy a place and not have to rush to finish it in three days.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Doesn't seem fair to people who already pay for membership. They already do free crowns and item giveaways regularly. You can get 100 free crowns every single day from trivia plus the monthly giveaways.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Drainey3 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:

Thanks,
And what about the millions of paying members? Do we get a refund for those days?
Sorry, this just wouldn't be fair. And the game isn't expensive at all... you just have to save your monies.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
If this happened people could plan to play loads, not sleep and get through the game practically free.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Tara

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
What about infinite crowns for a day? That would be sooooooo cool!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
dragon princess on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
What about infinite crowns for a day? That would be sooooooo cool!
And the absolute worst business decision in Kingsisle's career.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Let's say we're the Developers:

Hey, we should give everyone membership and loose profit for an entire weekend.

I hate to sound rude, but the idea is a bit silly.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Ruthless Anthony on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
And the absolute worst business decision in Kingsisle's career.
Haha I know! Would be cool. Maybe infiniate crowns for 12 hours or less?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I actually think the idea is gutsy and makes a surgical effort to reach a customer base that isn't participating as much in the game. I think it could work. I can see this showing up as a promotional gift players can store until they're ready to use it.

I think people's fears about this kind of idea are frankly misplaced and misguided. It's the same logic as test driving a new vehicle--lots of dealerships will let you drive those home. No, you don't get to keep it. That's fair. There's no pressure to drive down every single road in existence because now you have a car. People who already have the car (in this analogy, people already subscribing) are frankly missing the point if they start asking for their free test drive, because obviously the promotional wasn't meant for them. Fairness is only a concern if everyone was intended as a target audience from the beginning.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
well maybe not infinite crown but at least give us something like 10 thousand crowns every 2 months or something. if its small to you maybe save them up for the stuff you want I mean cause I have a membership its not fair that I paid and no on else has I mean seriously that's a good idea but easily people would not sleep and practically finish the game

Daniel firebreaker 94

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
daniel firebreaker on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
well maybe not infinite crown but at least give us something like 10 thousand crowns every 2 months or something. if its small to you maybe save them up for the stuff you want I mean cause I have a membership its not fair that I paid and no on else has I mean seriously that's a good idea but easily people would not sleep and practically finish the game

Daniel firebreaker 94
2 months is too soon. Maybe on KI bday we get 100,000 crowns?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
To be completely honest, I don't really like these ideas. The whole point of membership and crowns is to make KI money. If everybody got membership for 2 or 3 days, sure, I guess, but 10,000 crowns every few months would be literally giving $20 to everyone who got them. And seeing how many people that is, that would basically be like giving away a ton of money.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
it wouldn't be fair because if the people with no membership got it, they would have their cool prize but what about the people who already have it? they would need a prize too..

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Wizard101 needs money to run the game, if everybody was a member for a WHOLE WEEKEND, that would leave a big mark in it's sales for membership. Which isn't good at all.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Maybe there could be gold weekend? While I think the idea of 'giving' people crowns is a little absurd, but if KI changed everything in the Crowns shop to gold, just for a little while, long enough so people could get a slight advantage and understand the use of buying Crowns.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
I don't think the membership thing or infinite crowns will ever happen. (the game would lose a lot of money) However i think that members should get a weekly gift like 1000 crowns, or some card pack or something. A lot of games have that, so it would be nice.

Amber GoldenForge

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
or maybe you get one hundred thousand crowns every time ki has a bday and if you get lucky instead of one hundrd thousand crowns you get 75,000 and a mount for free?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
RavenLady777 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
And what about the millions of paying members? Do we get a refund for those days?
Sorry, this just wouldn't be fair. And the game isn't expensive at all... you just have to save your monies.
Exactly.
Guys, come on, some people have paid already.
Then suddenly there is a day with infinite crowns?
How is that fair?
King's Isle needs money to operate plus they might lose a bunch of valued customers by just giving away a bunch of free stuff.
If you want crowns just go on the test realm. You get 5,000 to 200,000 crowns. Every time you log on you get all the crowns the game gave you again.
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Exactly.
Guys, come on, some people have paid already.
Then suddenly there is a day with infinite crowns?
How is that fair?
King's Isle needs money to operate plus they might lose a bunch of valued customers by just giving away a bunch of free stuff.
If you want crowns just go on the test realm. You get 5,000 to 200,000 crowns. Every time you log on you get all the crowns the game gave you again.
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster
This thread isn't about getting infinite crowns, it's about test-driving subscription membership for a couple of days. It's a sound business model that is an established practice in many industries, including gaming. It is highly unlikely it will damage KI's operations or cause anyone to leave the game.