Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Minions Upgrade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
Hi,
I've been around since beta and at the time there were a lot of Myth wizards , with the pass of the times and the new zones being release Myth wizards started falling back exponentially to the point that it's rare to see one after Dragonspyre. I've actually never saw one in Khrysalis and the ones I saw at Azteca were raging about their skills.

As we know every class as their own good points, fire got good DoT's, storm have the higher damage, death have life-steal, ice have the highest HP and good defense stats, life heals and myth got minions.
The problem is that myth minions end up being "bad" at the higher levels, they use up the traps the wizard has put with a low damage spell, something they just blade and trap and rarely attack, other times they just get defeated in the round after we summoned them ending up in a waste of pips. This is why if its rare to see a myth wizards it is even rarer to see one using minions at the end areas, a thing that should be the "good point" for them.

So I though about it...
What is the difference between myth minions, other schools minions and henchman?
Well myth gets them first, gets more and 2 of the first 3 we learn change hp depending of the pips used.
This was good and fine until the end of Mooshu and maybe Dragonspyre but it became useless after it.

And then I though about some utility changes that might improve their game-play and make their minions different from the others:

- Make the minion hp and stats scale with the wizard hp and stats, a minion with 45 hp in the higher areas or one with 1k hp is just the same, they will both die in one or two turns, not even Vassaji would help against a critical;

- Make it so that the Myth Wizards can choose which spell the Myth minions is going to use, this is probably the most important one, it would help the players in strategies and it would increase the use of myth pets by a lot, also this should only be applied for Myth minions because its a school "focused" in minions.

Just this two changes would bring the Myth Wizards back from the forgotten cave and make the school able to compete with the others in the high level areas.

I hope you think about this changes to improve the game-play,
The Beta Tester Quem

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Myth should get better high level minions if it is supposed to be the "Solo School" as it's billed. The whole idea of buying henchmen is a scam -- that's what minions are for! It would be good to have a choice of a minion that supports us but never attacks, and one that does a lot of damage that we would support. Usually I want one or the other, not both.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Quemtedera on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Hi,
I've been around since beta and at the time there were a lot of Myth wizards , with the pass of the times and the new zones being release Myth wizards started falling back exponentially to the point that it's rare to see one after Dragonspyre. I've actually never saw one in Khrysalis and the ones I saw at Azteca were raging about their skills.

As we know every class as their own good points, fire got good DoT's, storm have the higher damage, death have life-steal, ice have the highest HP and good defense stats, life heals and myth got minions.
The problem is that myth minions end up being "bad" at the higher levels, they use up the traps the wizard has put with a low damage spell, something they just blade and trap and rarely attack, other times they just get defeated in the round after we summoned them ending up in a waste of pips. This is why if its rare to see a myth wizards it is even rarer to see one using minions at the end areas, a thing that should be the "good point" for them.

So I though about it...
What is the difference between myth minions, other schools minions and henchman?
Well myth gets them first, gets more and 2 of the first 3 we learn change hp depending of the pips used.
This was good and fine until the end of Mooshu and maybe Dragonspyre but it became useless after it.

And then I though about some utility changes that might improve their game-play and make their minions different from the others:

- Make the minion hp and stats scale with the wizard hp and stats, a minion with 45 hp in the higher areas or one with 1k hp is just the same, they will both die in one or two turns, not even Vassaji would help against a critical;

- Make it so that the Myth Wizards can choose which spell the Myth minions is going to use, this is probably the most important one, it would help the players in strategies and it would increase the use of myth pets by a lot, also this should only be applied for Myth minions because its a school "focused" in minions.

Just this two changes would bring the Myth Wizards back from the forgotten cave and make the school able to compete with the others in the high level areas.

I hope you think about this changes to improve the game-play,
The Beta Tester Quem
actually, something that would be hugely helpful for Myth minions would be to do something like this:

Allow Myth Wizards to choose what spells the next minion can use in its deck. You could only choose a few cards, BUT, imagine being able to stack your minion's deck with the following cards:

Mend Minion
Buff Minion
Shield Minion

Why should the WIZARD have to do all of this? Perhaps give the Wizard a deck with 6 cards that the myth Wizard can choose. Those 6 cards are the ONLY cards the minion will use until the cards are changed.

I don't think a scalable minion would do quite what you want it to, although having a Myth minion being "stronger" I would have no problem with, since, as you accurately call it, myth is THE school of Minions (even though Death has the x-pip minion spell, which I always felt should be a Myth Spell).

Now, all of that being said, this will NEVER happen. Why you ask? Because it'll take money out of KI's pocket. Allowing for a more "intelligent" minion will stop people from buying henchmen and thus they'd never do it

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
dayerider on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
actually, something that would be hugely helpful for Myth minions would be to do something like this:

Allow Myth Wizards to choose what spells the next minion can use in its deck. You could only choose a few cards, BUT, imagine being able to stack your minion's deck with the following cards:

Mend Minion
Buff Minion
Shield Minion

Why should the WIZARD have to do all of this? Perhaps give the Wizard a deck with 6 cards that the myth Wizard can choose. Those 6 cards are the ONLY cards the minion will use until the cards are changed.

I don't think a scalable minion would do quite what you want it to, although having a Myth minion being "stronger" I would have no problem with, since, as you accurately call it, myth is THE school of Minions (even though Death has the x-pip minion spell, which I always felt should be a Myth Spell).

Now, all of that being said, this will NEVER happen. Why you ask? Because it'll take money out of KI's pocket. Allowing for a more "intelligent" minion will stop people from buying henchmen and thus they'd never do it
If they only changed the Myth minions, since its the only school that is suppose to be "focused on minions", the other schools would still get henchemans, I think o.o

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Minions are a great concept that hasn't been updated much at all, but it has lots of room for improvement.

Minion-control options are one big thing that keeps coming up. People are frustrated that "Minions" don't really do much to assist you past Level 25-ish. It's almost more fitting to call them "Decoys."

Another thought is that players should have a way to directly increase their minions' rank. Most of the first generation minions (aside from Animate death minion) start off as Rank 1. I think it would be helpful if there were a myth spell that would increase the minion rank in exchange for 1-3 pips, so 1 pip --> upgrade to Rank 2, 2 pips --> upgrade to Rank 3, 3 pips --> upgrade to Rank 4 upgrade. Increased ranks would reflect a reasonable increase in health and the quality of spells minions can use. Such a spell could be trained from the Secret Shop mander in Krokotopia. It would probably be wise to have this spell be non-PvP.

And although this doesn't affect gameplay as much, I would like it if you could name your Rank 1 minions. People have already nicknamed Balance's Mander Minion "Bob." A minion name-setting option at the dye shop might be a fun addition.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Quemtedera on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
If they only changed the Myth minions, since its the only school that is suppose to be "focused on minions", the other schools would still get henchemans, I think o.o
yes, but, it would cut down on their profits because now one whole school would be able to use 'free henchmen". I dont disagree with you, Im simply looking at it from a cost perspective.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I have no problem with increasing the effectiveness of minions, but I don't see why this is a concept always associated with myth. All the other schools have minions, too, and they are no more useful than myth minions are. To my mind, myth is the school of shield avoidance and earthquake.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
I have no problem with increasing the effectiveness of minions, but I don't see why this is a concept always associated with myth. All the other schools have minions, too, and they are no more useful than myth minions are. To my mind, myth is the school of shield avoidance and earthquake.
Because Myth is the "school of minions", that's why. yes, every school gets them, but with the exception of death, Myth gets more minions than anybody else (of in-school trainable minion spells)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
I myself am a Myth Wizard (Level 84) and I have not used a single minion ever since i completed Mooshu. They were just starting to get to weak. The minion must have an upgrade!

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I agree with all the posters on this thread. Minions become quite irrelevant in the later worlds, so Myth needs more/better minions in the later worlds to keep it the minion school.

But there is more that needs changing about minions in my opinion. Some of the early minions. The Water Elemental comes to mind here. There are probably others, but this one I see the most. I was in a battle with a Storm, who summoned a minion. The first turn, the minion healed itself. The second turn, it healed itself again. The third turn it shielded itself. No spells were cast on the minion apart from the spells it cast on itself during the whole battle by the way. On the fourth turn the minion tried to use Thunder Snake, but fizzled. On the fifth and last turn, the minion healed itself.

So that's pretty useless, one might say. Correct. And that's usually pretty much all the minion does, so it's just a waste of pips. And what's the point of having a spell that isn't worth casting in any situation? End of rant.