Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle Available at Target USA

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle is now available in Target stores across the USA.
Now your Wizard can select gear and weapons up to Level 100 when you redeem the Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle.
This bundle includes

• Spiral Cup Gauntlet Dungeon housing item*
  • Tanglewood Vine Permanent Mount
  • Pegasus Pony Pet
  • Spiral Cup Outfit
  • Mystic Grimoire Weapon

Note: The Spiral Cup Gauntlet Dungeon housing item cannot currently be placed in the Shared Bank. You will be able to place this item in the Shared Bank when the Fishing update is added to the Live Game before the end of July.

Prepaid cards such as this have a life cycle.
  • They are launched in retail stores in the USA only as that is the distribution available to us through the company that makes the cards
  • When a new card is introduced, usually we then take an older card and offer it for sale on our website. Many of those older cards can be directly purchased at https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card
  • When the older card has been available on the website for a while, it is then retired as a bundle and no longer offered on the website.
  • Sometimes we make individual items from the bundle available in the Crown Shop for special events, however not all items are offered this way.

community@wizard101.com
Historian
May 06, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
The Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle is now available in Target stores across the USA.
Now your Wizard can select gear and weapons up to Level 100 when you redeem the Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle.
This bundle includes

• Spiral Cup Gauntlet Dungeon housing item*
  • Tanglewood Vine Permanent Mount
  • Pegasus Pony Pet
  • Spiral Cup Outfit
  • Mystic Grimoire Weapon

Note: The Spiral Cup Gauntlet Dungeon housing item cannot currently be placed in the Shared Bank. You will be able to place this item in the Shared Bank when the Fishing update is added to the Live Game before the end of July.

Prepaid cards such as this have a life cycle.
  • They are launched in retail stores in the USA only as that is the distribution available to us through the company that makes the cards
  • When a new card is introduced, usually we then take an older card and offer it for sale on our website. Many of those older cards can be directly purchased at https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card
  • When the older card has been available on the website for a while, it is then retired as a bundle and no longer offered on the website.
  • Sometimes we make individual items from the bundle available in the Crown Shop for special events, however not all items are offered this way.
I think it's very cool that KI's released another Gauntlet (one that's Wysterian themed at that). One thing that intrigues me is your mentioning of the Spiral Cup Gauntlet being able to be place in the Shared Bank. Currently, the Winterbane Hall, and the Midnight Sun Pagoda can't be placed in the Shared Bank. Will this be changed in the future?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
So many people have posted on their inability to buy these bundles when they are only available at select locations.Why not offer them online as well, and including multiple retail locations? The more readily available they are,the more you will sell. Ya'll really baffle me at times with your methods.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2013
Intrepidatius on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
So many people have posted on their inability to buy these bundles when they are only available at select locations.Why not offer them online as well, and including multiple retail locations? The more readily available they are,the more you will sell. Ya'll really baffle me at times with your methods.
I agree because i live in colorado and I can't buy the gauntlet in target(since they don't have them stocked in colorado) so I would like to ask if they can out it in stores around the hole country not just certain states. So thx for listening.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
I wish we could get them online too.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Thank you for making this item tradable. Now when the fishing update goes live ALL my wizards can enjoy this.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I sure am excited! it would go well with a Wysteria Villa!

Marcus Suncrfater, lvl 74

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Sure, demand and desire dramatically increases when something is hard to obtain, or a small group has access to whatever they have; but you don't. Hands down, selling bundles online is the way to go for multiple reasons:

1. Instant, direct access to customers
2. Digital versions of cards reduces the cost and manufacturing of physical cards
3. Eliminates scalping

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I can't find the Spiral Cup Gauntlet in any of the nearest Targets. You guys(meaning Kingsisle) should release all bundles at all stores at our conveniences so that you could make more money. So if you change this, it would really be a help to people in need of crowns and people just looking for something entertaining.
~Edward Wildbreeze
Level 35, wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I agree. These should all be available to purchase online. Our Target stores never carry these cards. Walmart isn't much better.. Online purchases in the 21st century, go figure.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I just have a little problem with the spiral cup gauntlet. When I heard you have to be friends with the owner to use it, I was a little disappointed. When my low level friend wants to use one of my gauntlets, I don't want to have to do it with them or have to add a bunch of their low level friends, but that is not my biggest problem.

My biggest problem is that it's $40 and only one of my wizards can use it. When I bought it I thought I could put it in my shared bank so all of my wizards could get that badge. When I saw it was no trade I felt like that is a bit cheap. It's mine, why can't I use it for any wizard on one single account?

Administrator
Charmed Magic on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
I just have a little problem with the spiral cup gauntlet. When I heard you have to be friends with the owner to use it, I was a little disappointed. When my low level friend wants to use one of my gauntlets, I don't want to have to do it with them or have to add a bunch of their low level friends, but that is not my biggest problem.

My biggest problem is that it's $40 and only one of my wizards can use it. When I bought it I thought I could put it in my shared bank so all of my wizards could get that badge. When I saw it was no trade I felt like that is a bit cheap. It's mine, why can't I use it for any wizard on one single account?
Please see the note in the original post, young Wizard.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Will all of the Gauntlets be tradable after the update?

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I wanted to talk about the new Spiral Cup Gauntlet and the fact that it is limited to the direct friends of the wizard that owns it only. I own Winterbane and Pagoda and I love inviting friends to my house to play with them. I enjoy telling them to invite their own friends to run it with them when i personally don't want to go through for the millionth time. I absolutely love going to my castle and finding it full of wizards that i don't even know. It makes me really happy to know that I am sharing a little piece of the spiral with them that they may not yet be able to see. I have most definitely inspired many a wizard to take up balance school, get membership, learn about hatching and gardening and just be more exited about the game. I also have given them a safe place to hang out because while i can't keep the entire commons free from bullies and bad language at all times i can most assuredly keep my home free of such things. Everyone knows Amber is a mom and that stuff isn't cool. I love sharing my home and my dungeons and I was exited to add a new one to the playground. Until. Until I learned that only my direct friends could benefit. I am a max level wizard and my friends list is always always always full. It is a constant juggling act to keep some high level wizards on there for me to quest with while keeping some wizards of every level so I can help them. This is a complication that means there is no way I am going to purchase the new gauntlet. No joy of sharing equals no joy. Other friends of mine in the spiral feel the same way, what do you guys think?

Amber

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
I agree. These should all be available to purchase online. Our Target stores never carry these cards. Walmart isn't much better.. Online purchases in the 21st century, go figure.
I still can't find it at any Target

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Please put the bundle packs online. Some stores are not nearby. you would get more business online.
People would go crazy on these new bundle packs. if you need to rotate the packs every year like you do the card packs.

Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2013
Man i am mad! I goto target and i see the shelf and it only shows two cards(not the gauntlet) and now I cant buy the one thing i was saving my money up for! Please kingsisle just listen, there are two simple things to get more money. 1. Put it in every state or 2. Put it online. If you listen thank you.

Blaine strongsword lvl 100

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Please see the note in the original post, young Wizard.

Well, nevermind then Thank you professor Greyrose.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
I agree as well. I nearly had a brain aneurism when I found out that it was only available at Target. The closest one to me is Owasso, which is pretty far. I do love the idea that it comes with a book and a really awesome mount! I don't have the gauntlet yet but I do plan to get it, even if I have to go to Owasso to get it

Rylee SpiritBlood Lvl 100
Catherine Lvl 39

Defender
May 11, 2012
I know that most bundles eventually come out on-line to purchase if we are just patient. But, in this day and age, it is my personal belief that this is not the way to go. KI would sell many more bundles, and sell them more quickly, if they sold them on-line right from the start. Strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

It is true that not everybody has a credit or debit card to use on-line and buying them in the store might be the only option for them. What these wizards could do, in this case, would be to buy a pre-paid charge/debit card at the store with the amount they need loaded onto it. This is a safe way to make purchases on-line without using a checking or savings account.

I understand that the brick-and-mortar stores probably like having the cards available to purchase from them, because they hope that the people who are coming in to buy the bundle cards will end up purchasing other items from them as well. In a perfect world, I could see this happening. But this isn't a perfect world. All I see are people running around from store to store looking for cards that are usually not even there, employees having no idea what we are talking about, and people are becoming disillusioned and frustrated. This does not help anybody's reputation or make people want to stay, shop, and spend more money. And then, on the other end of the spectrum, I see the cards in the store with nobody really buying them, and then the store ends up having to dispose of them. Nobody wins in that scenario.

This is just my humble opinion, and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Respectfully,
Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
I find it interesting that not a single reply to the inability to get this bundle.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Guappo911 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
I find it interesting that not a single reply to the inability to get this bundle.
We know what you're doing. I suggest you look up at the comments above you. Don't be a mini-minotaur.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Guappo911 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
For some reason, KI has a history of often not responding to problems/posts. I don't understand it either.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
Time Warped on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
We know what you're doing. I suggest you look up at the comments above you. Don't be a mini-minotaur.
Really? You know what I am doing? we can't get the Arcane builders bundle at Gamestop and can't get spiral gauntlet at Target. I am trying to buy accessories for our four accounts.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Some, but not all Target stores sell the Spiral Cup Gauntlet Bundle. And it's possible to find other vendors selling this item; at or below double the cost. But limiting who can and can't access portions of the game is completely up to KI.