Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Azteca better.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
When Wizard101 first released Azteca everything was great because you faced difficult mobs and then everything changed when KingsIsle decided to weaken all of the mobs. This just brought the fun of the game down so I wish for KingsIsle to hear me out and consider to put Azteca like the way It should be, strong.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
The whole reason why KI lowered the difficulty was because the majority of players were giving up and leaving the game. This game is geared for pre-teens, even though there are a whole lot of older teens and adults playing. Since it is geared towards pre-teens, the difficulty is geared for around their ability, and should be geared for around their ability. This is a family oriented game, so if you want a hardcore, vigorous game, I suggest to look elsewhere. I play loads of games, and this is the one I play when I need a break.

I know this is just my opinion, but I saw many others in the Azteca forum battles when it came out. You can go look in the archives to see that the majority thought it was too hard.

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 81 Azteca
Tiffany Rainbowheart lvl 46 Celestia

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Keira Dreamleaf on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
The whole reason why KI lowered the difficulty was because the majority of players were giving up and leaving the game. This game is geared for pre-teens, even though there are a whole lot of older teens and adults playing. Since it is geared towards pre-teens, the difficulty is geared for around their ability, and should be geared for around their ability. This is a family oriented game, so if you want a hardcore, vigorous game, I suggest to look elsewhere. I play loads of games, and this is the one I play when I need a break.

I know this is just my opinion, but I saw many others in the Azteca forum battles when it came out. You can go look in the archives to see that the majority thought it was too hard.

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 81 Azteca
Tiffany Rainbowheart lvl 46 Celestia
Quite true... and well put.

Many, many people are gone and more leaving due to the difficulty that has gone way beyond the casual gaming experience the game was supposed to be geared to. This is, and never was meant to be, a hard core game.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Parts of Azteca are extremely difficult, especially the fights which must be soloed. I soloed everything in the game up to and including Malistaire, but a few fights in Azteca took me 15-20 tries to complete. The people who think it's easy are probably wearing crowns-only gear and probably have crowns pets that may cast one or more healing spells. If you don't have that, it's a lot harder.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Agree 100% with Keira's response. Very well stated.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
windrunner585 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Parts of Azteca are extremely difficult, especially the fights which must be soloed. I soloed everything in the game up to and including Malistaire, but a few fights in Azteca took me 15-20 tries to complete. The people who think it's easy are probably wearing crowns-only gear and probably have crowns pets that may cast one or more healing spells. If you don't have that, it's a lot harder.
People who find it easy also might just be more skilled at gameplay than others. Crowns gear is actually worse than free dropped gear and crown pets are just as useless as school quest pets. You cannot buy a pet that has multiple healing talents. You need to hatch a lot to get a good pet, you cannot just buy a good pet. I personally found Azteca was slightly too hard but not impossible before they weakened it. I think it's at a good level now. Every battle in Azteca can be done solo now. Yes there are a couple where most players will need help, but this IS a MMO. Certain parts like Xibalba and Belloq are possible solo but meant to be done with a team.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Azteca should have retain the original difficulty. It has become easy now for the most part. The only annoying thing (but still manageable) about Azteca are the few instances where you fight two bosses with 20K+ health. The cheating bosses are a nice touch as usual. Surprisingly, it is quite easy to solo Belloq @ Twin Giants (cheating version) with balance. Xibalba is an interesting concept for me as I was able to solo it with my myth, but not with my balance or death.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
World nerfing happens after the first rush though, which is probably the more experienced players or ones with good help to give them more of a challenge. The not so adapt fall off the map, start new wizards or quit game all together.

I took one wizard though pre-nerf, left one in Pitch Black Lake and then after nerf took an Ice though, I didn't note that much of a difference really. For 6 months I helped ones on my list I collected from DS and up and any one else in the areas I was questing in. There is a staggering amount of players that struggle with this world. After getting almost every one to the end, I did Xeblahblah with a menu chats 4x's that were on my list since DS and then one by one the others on my list as they got there. I did not cross over into KS because I knew I was questing no further with that wizard. The ones helped though AZ no longer quest/play except for one. I had about 20 wizards regular on my list.

Recently I decided to continue with my Ice to lvl 98 for the pet which I knew would not involve the shadow magic quest line. I can now close this wizard out as I have already started another to trek though the Spiral with. I will not be going past the end of AV with any more of my wizards. I leave these upper worlds to those who like that sort of game play.

In this pass my friends list will be bare save a 2 family members that still play, one now rarely. I don't mind helping a long the way but will no longer need to see how others are making it though the game. It did make a very active time in game, a lot of conversations, a lot of hatching to give others pets I managed to get almost great.

Mary

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
This is just proof that it will NEVER be possible to please everyone, the difficulty was dropped because the majority of players apparently thought Azteca was too hard, and now people believe that it's too easy, the differing opinions on things means there is ALWAYS gonna be people who don't like certain things.