Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have several suggestions:

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
1. I have played Pirate 101 and Wiz 101 to level 51 in Wiz and 65 in Pirates with several classes in Pirates. It is MUCH MUCH harder to solo in Wizards 101 than in Pirates 101, yet it is not easy to get a group. EVERY MMORPG game allows the ability to solo almost all content especially to get to the top levels. This isn't true for Wizard 101 however. I STRONGLY suggest that you change the dynamics in Wizard 101 to allow for easier soloing by all classes.

2. I have paid a year in advance for Pirate 101 and have accrued Crowns. However, I have hit the top level in Pirates 101 on several classes. It would be nice if we could start playing Wiz 101 too without having to pay an extra fee. In essence, one fee per month covers both games. We could also start using up our crowns faster,which would benefit Kingsisle as well as the players.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sandy20850 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
1. I have played Pirate 101 and Wiz 101 to level 51 in Wiz and 65 in Pirates with several classes in Pirates. It is MUCH MUCH harder to solo in Wizards 101 than in Pirates 101, yet it is not easy to get a group. EVERY MMORPG game allows the ability to solo almost all content especially to get to the top levels. This isn't true for Wizard 101 however. I STRONGLY suggest that you change the dynamics in Wizard 101 to allow for easier soloing by all classes.

2. I have paid a year in advance for Pirate 101 and have accrued Crowns. However, I have hit the top level in Pirates 101 on several classes. It would be nice if we could start playing Wiz 101 too without having to pay an extra fee. In essence, one fee per month covers both games. We could also start using up our crowns faster,which would benefit Kingsisle as well as the players.
1. YES! This is what a lot of us that solo the game, by choice or by lack of time to play hour upon hour daily, have been asking for. An option to solo the game... not that difficult if KI will just listen for a change.

2. Since the games are sort of 'connected' and the Christmas time 'giveaways' encompassed both games, this makes sense as well. however, KI will see this as losing money so I doubt it will happen.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Sorry, man. Some people enjoy these challenges. I don't think you can get enough people to agree.

-Emma Emeraldsword, lvl 63

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Wolf, I would BET that most people would prefer a more solo friendly game.

As a compromise, KI could allow for the purchase of a powerful, permanent henchmen that would level with the player character. For those that want a tougher challenge, they can simply not purchase this henchman. This would give everyone what they want and help tailor the game to each person's needs.

KI would win because this henchman might require crowns to buy, although I wouldn't make the charge too exorbitant since the goal of this is to make soloing a bit easier for all classes.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I think they should just offer rewards for using the Team Up feature. That way more people would use it. I enjoy teaming up with other players, but most of the time the queue is empty. I also think henchmen should be available for purchase with in-game gold rather than crowns. Some solo encounters are too difficult for certain classes, and it's unethical to make people spend more money on top of their monthly subscription fee in order to progress in the game. I don't think they need to make the encounters easier so long as you can purchase henchmen with gold.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I agree with Sandy20850. Companions that follow you in Wizard 101 (W101) are welcomed, appreciated; and long overdue. Pirates 101 (P101) already provides them; so why not W101 too.

In P101, players can use their defaulted storyline companions; or get other companions with crowns.

In W101, players can access both minions and henchmen; but neither follow you like they do in P101.

Having companions can enhance the game and player experiences; and I for one, welcome this.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I agree with Sandy20850. Companions that follow you in Wizard 101 (W101) are welcomed, appreciated; and long overdue. Pirates 101 (P101) already provides them; so why not W101 too.

In P101, players can use their defaulted storyline companions; or get other companions with crowns.

In W101, players can access both minions and henchmen; but neither follow you like they do in P101.

Having companions can enhance the game and player experiences; and I for one, welcome this.
Minions and henchmen are for battle only, it would be nice to actually have companions following us, but it's just too expensive having to buy crowns just to buy henchmen and minions. The latest henchmen, Level 100 henchmen are 400 crowns. I wouldn't buy it unless it was permanent. It shouldn't be just pets that help us, pets only give spells and have the "may cast" spells. I would definitely buy companions if they added them to Wizard101.