Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Ideas: Legendary Spells!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
Ever want to call upon the Power of a full world? Or find a spell with the best of both worlds? Let me introduce, Legendary Spells! Legendary Spells are cards that always cost 100% Accuracy, are 7-pips or less, and give powerful effects for a fraction of the cost. Legendary Spells will generally still pull from one school (this includes Astral spells and Shadow Magic) and will follow a world theme. (I came to their power in relation to Shift/Moon spells and some TC versions of other spells)
With that, here are my ideas for each school and world:

Dragonspyre Drake
Pip:1
155+240Damage over 3 Rds. -10% Acc. x3

Hunter of Grizzleheim
Pip:6
390+90Damage. Absorb 700Damage

Marleybone Initiative
Pip: 4
Team votes for +20%Pierce or Damage. 650Damage.
*New ability. When this spell is cast (and all spells like it), you and your teammates will see a message with an 8 second count down appear to vote for the Pierce or Damage (or any pairs listed on spells below). Players will vote. If you miss or don't vote, it's left uncounted. The effect with the highest votes is played. If tied, the effect is randomized. In solo situations, you get the final say. Minions and henchmen cannot vote.

Power of the Kroks
Pip:3
Team votes for +2 Pip to all or 480Damage over 3 Rds. to all

Aquila's Champion
Pip:5
50Damage and 430Damage Stun 1to2 Rds. to all

Knights of Avalon
Pip:2
Team votes for 200all or 220Damage all

Spirits of MooShu
Pip:7
495Damage -20% Damage and +20% Damage to all

Zafaria's Stance
Pip:0/X
Mutate 1 Spell into Zafaria's Stance
-50Damage per pip. +40%Damage. +30% +15%Acc. +10%Pierce

Shift Celestian
Pip:3
300Damage and +25% to all Damage

Aztecan Aura
Pip:0
Acc:100%
+25% to all stats. 100Damage on out. Damage for 4Rds.

Shadow of Khrysalis
Shadow/Pips:0
Acc:100%
140Damage. Ignores all hanging effects

There are a few exceptions to these Legendary Spells. Legendary Spells & TC versions:
-could only be attained through Drops, or Crafting (extremely rare drops and hard to make!)
-the max copies of any 1 Legendary Spell is equal to 5% of the Max Cards a deck can hold rounded up: In a 16-25 Max card deck only 1 copy, in a 30-45 Max card deck only 2 copies, and in a 50-64 Max card deck only 3 copies
-Legendary Spells, TC versions, and Item Card versions can't be used in PvP
-A Legendary Spell can only be cast between 3 Rounds of each other.
-Legendary Spells would not reshuffle back into a deck

I've made a lot of changes for any who saw the first version. The ranks vary, and effects are much less powerful. I'd like to hear feedback on the "Team Vote" ability. The main concept was to create very rare spells that have these unique and powerful abilities that you wouldn't find in currently scaled spells. I hope the buffers give some way for them to not be total game-wreckers.
Tell if you liked them, hated them, or are fairly indifferent. I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks reading!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Just because a spell is only dropped/crafted doesn't mean you have a license to make it incredibly OP. Especially Shift Celestian. Just wait for 5 pips, use it on the boss, and kill with a weak spell.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Robobot1747 on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Just because a spell is only dropped/crafted doesn't mean you have a license to make it incredibly OP. Especially Shift Celestian. Just wait for 5 pips, use it on the boss, and kill with a weak spell.
Yeah, I have to agree. After rethinking it I'm going to do two things:

1. I'm going to stagger the ranks to show differences in value
and
2. I'm going to severely reduce the power of the spells to mainly have rarer after effects. You'll see in a post-edit.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Lovin the fact that life would have more than one DOT and all spells are sweet.
what would the animations be? ideas?

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
Grace Dreamrider on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
Lovin the fact that life would have more than one DOT and all spells are sweet.
what would the animations be? ideas?
For the one it could be:

1. A shadowy version of Malistaire appears.
2. He does the damage.

Le End