Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give Myth wizards more control over minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2012
I chose myth school because I thought the idea to be able to summon different minions to help you in battle was just awesome! However, after playing this game for over a year I found some things I would like to see changed with some reasons for it. First, every school has the capability to summon minions to help them. Second, once you start getting to higher levels and start really setting up traps, minions are far less useful because they will use your traps (especially prisms) with low pip spells and make you start all over towards setting up a big hit. I think to further differentiate the myth school, they should be able to control their minions. I have two ideas for this, and I would be very happy if either of them get updated into the game. First idea I would like to be updated is to have a set of cards under the wizard cards for your minion and then you choose spells for your wizard and for your minion. Other idea I have is to be able to choose what type of spell your minion uses (attack, shield, trap, blade). Either idea I think would make myth school more fun and way different than any other school!

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I'd love to see some implementation of more intelligent minions, though I don't really feel it should be an advantage for myth wizards only. It would be awesome if we could just pick a card for them as the original poster describes, but that might be a bit overpowering. Perhaps we could just have a menu similar to a menu chat section where you could direct the minion to "defend me", "defend yourself", "attack target in spot x", and maybe a few other options.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
DanTheTerrible2 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
I'd love to see some implementation of more intelligent minions, though I don't really feel it should be an advantage for myth wizards only. It would be awesome if we could just pick a card for them as the original poster describes, but that might be a bit overpowering. Perhaps we could just have a menu similar to a menu chat section where you could direct the minion to "defend me", "defend yourself", "attack target in spot x", and maybe a few other options.
I agree with this. Please implement this Falmea!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I agree with you like the previous poster said not to many detailed commands but just so you can give simple instruction Charles Redblood level 18 pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I'm not myth but I've been thinking of the same thing, there should be a myth spell called, "mind control". when you select the spell on the minion you should take over the deck of card the minion has for 3 rounds or 6.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
oh! oh! i know! what if we call the spell shadow walker. make a shadow form come forth from the caster and hang over the minion giving the caster control for 3-4 rounds with backlash. in order to make this spell accesible in a limited way to lower level wizards make it the first shadow tc or tie it to gear.

Amber Raven Song