Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why isn't Zeus storm!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Ok so I went and did Mount Olympus and made it to the end and fort Zeus. Then i realized: Zeus is myth.

BUT WHY?

So apparently god of thunder is the opposite school of thunder? "Seems legit."

This isn't something I want changed, I was just wondering, Why cant Zeus AND Poseidon be storm?

Maybe KI is trying to prevent arguement on what the best school is? I know lots of people who would be convinced that storm is the best school because "2 of the main bosses in Aquila, are storm.

What do you think?

~AdamStormTamer Level 89 Storm

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
Adam|Storm|Tamer on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Ok so I went and did Mount Olympus and made it to the end and fort Zeus. Then i realized: Zeus is myth.

BUT WHY?

So apparently god of thunder is the opposite school of thunder? "Seems legit."

This isn't something I want changed, I was just wondering, Why cant Zeus AND Poseidon be storm?

Maybe KI is trying to prevent arguement on what the best school is? I know lots of people who would be convinced that storm is the best school because "2 of the main bosses in Aquila, are storm.

What do you think?

~AdamStormTamer Level 89 Storm
To answer your question on why Zeus is myth is because the Greek gods DONT EXIST they are Myths Therefore Kingsisle most likely wanted him to be Storm but in the game storm is based off of ocean like storms so it would make more sense for Poseidon to be storm and Zeus to be myth but remember Zeus has a natural attack or whatever it is called that is of the storm class. By the way ALL schools are equal they all have their ups and downs so you can't say that storm is best.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Because Poseidon was the god of Seas and Storms in Mythology. Zeus was the god of Law and Order (including control of the laws of nature which Myth defies). Zeus's thunderbolt isn't associated with storms. It's a bolt of judgement, like random lightning on a day without storms.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
BlazeTaleweaver on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
To answer your question on why Zeus is myth is because the Greek gods DONT EXIST they are Myths Therefore Kingsisle most likely wanted him to be Storm but in the game storm is based off of ocean like storms so it would make more sense for Poseidon to be storm and Zeus to be myth but remember Zeus has a natural attack or whatever it is called that is of the storm class. By the way ALL schools are equal they all have their ups and downs so you can't say that storm is best.
Thank you for that answer.

But i never said storm is the best, i said i know people who would assume it is the best.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
seethe42 on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Because Poseidon was the god of Seas and Storms in Mythology. Zeus was the god of Law and Order (including control of the laws of nature which Myth defies). Zeus's thunderbolt isn't associated with storms. It's a bolt of judgement, like random lightning on a day without storms.
Thank you :) it makes more sense now.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
If it was a bolt of judgement, why isn't he balance?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I wondered the exact same thing when I first saw Zeus. Zeus is the god of the sky and lightning, but he does have mastery to the storm school which makes sense.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
It does make sense if Zeus was storm but it also makes sense if he was myth.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
Not true. Zeus was the god of Storm, and Poseidon was the god of seas and earthquakes. Since earthquakes is a myth spell, maybe Poseidon should be myth. Then Zeus should be storm.

Also, the laws of nature is either Artemis or Gaea (mother nature in Greek mythology).

-Molly

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
As a storm wizard, wouldn't you want Zeus to be myth so your spells do more damage instead of having to use a prism whenever you attack?

Malorn Ravenfriend and and just a little

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Life heals on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Not true. Zeus was the god of Storm, and Poseidon was the god of seas and earthquakes. Since earthquakes is a myth spell, maybe Poseidon should be myth. Then Zeus should be storm.

Also, the laws of nature is either Artemis or Gaea (mother nature in Greek mythology).

-Molly
You can look it up youself or actually read the original Greek stories. Poseidon was always associated with all natural disaters, including Storms. The only thing storm related to Zeus is thunder, NOT storms. I do agree that Poseidon was associated with earhquakes too.

I said the LAWS of Nature, as in the Nature of science and reality. Gaia is not mother nature, she is the earth. Earth is her dominion, but the laws of the cosmos and reality were Zeus's and he was the protector of them.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
seethe42 on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
You can look it up youself or actually read the original Greek stories. Poseidon was always associated with all natural disaters, including Storms. The only thing storm related to Zeus is thunder, NOT storms. I do agree that Poseidon was associated with earhquakes too.

I said the LAWS of Nature, as in the Nature of science and reality. Gaia is not mother nature, she is the earth. Earth is her dominion, but the laws of the cosmos and reality were Zeus's and he was the protector of them.
Well, if you read the myths, the Cylcopses give Zeus thunder and lightning. That's pretty close to a storm. And also, if you consider what your saying, Zeus should most likely be balance. Laws and reality seem to be the opposite of myth where stories become reality. So, perhaps Zeus should be balance, for that is the school most related to laws and reality. Hmm balance or storm would be good, myth ... not so much.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Survivor
Jan 24, 2013
well I think its because KI wanted to have all of the gods to be different schools and they thought Poseidon should be storm even though he casts a lot of ice spells

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you read the myths, the Cylcopses give Zeus thunder and lightning. That's pretty close to a storm. And also, if you consider what your saying, Zeus should most likely be balance. Laws and reality seem to be the opposite of myth where stories become reality. So, perhaps Zeus should be balance, for that is the school most related to laws and reality. Hmm balance or storm would be good, myth ... not so much.

You really should brush up on your mythology. If you did you might see how many mythological creatures were created by Zeus's "peculiarities". Myth really does fit him, being that he is responsible for fathering so many of them.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
BlazeTaleweaver on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Spellcaster
first greek myths don't exist and what would Poseidon be ice because storm is water in almost every storm spell there is water so zeus is myth

Blaze Spellcaster

Hunter Spellcaster

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
seethe42 on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
You really should brush up on your mythology. If you did you might see how many mythological creatures were created by Zeus's "peculiarities". Myth really does fit him, being that he is responsible for fathering so many of them.
Mmmm, perhaps I should. I don't really like reading the original myths, it bores me. (Sorry original myths, you're still awesome, though.) Ah, perhaps though, you should brush up on your magic history. Quotes from the myth section: "Myth is imagination." "It is illusion and dreams made real." etc., etc. Myth is not necessarily the mythological creatures, though it sounds like it. Myth is dreams, imagination, forming the dreams into reality. Now, I'm positive there's at least one reason that Zeus could be any one of the schools. Perhaps he could be life, because he created many things in the myths. Perhaps storm for the storms in the sky. Perhaps myth. Or balance. Or fire. Or death. Or ice. I'm not sure exactly what school would fit him most, as many of the myths are conflicted, having many different versions. In some they associate him more with making storms. In some, he is the justice, law, or balance. In some, he is more associated with the myths he created. Hmm. On that philosophical note, goodbye.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
fire warrior on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Spellcaster
first greek myths don't exist and what would Poseidon be ice because storm is water in almost every storm spell there is water so zeus is myth

Blaze Spellcaster

Hunter Spellcaster
No offence but are you agrreing with me od restating what i said because it looks like you misunderstood i said that they DO NOT exist and i am pretty sure i said Posidon being storm makes sence and i am also sure i did not mention ice anywhere in my post so forgive me if i am wrong. Also you shouldn't quote unless you are talking to the person, agreeing with, or arguing against what that person said.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
MythWizardForeves on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Mmmm, perhaps I should. I don't really like reading the original myths, it bores me. (Sorry original myths, you're still awesome, though.) Ah, perhaps though, you should brush up on your magic history. Quotes from the myth section: "Myth is imagination." "It is illusion and dreams made real." etc., etc. Myth is not necessarily the mythological creatures, though it sounds like it. Myth is dreams, imagination, forming the dreams into reality. Now, I'm positive there's at least one reason that Zeus could be any one of the schools. Perhaps he could be life, because he created many things in the myths. Perhaps storm for the storms in the sky. Perhaps myth. Or balance. Or fire. Or death. Or ice. I'm not sure exactly what school would fit him most, as many of the myths are conflicted, having many different versions. In some they associate him more with making storms. In some, he is the justice, law, or balance. In some, he is more associated with the myths he created. Hmm. On that philosophical note, goodbye.

No offence but would you guys stop arguing!!! The myths were created a L O N G time ago so the ones you may have read may have been altered a little. The most I have really read about the Greek gods was a little in the Percy Jackson series and a long book I found in my school library so my info may not be correct either. From what I have read is that

Zues, god of thunder and law. Posidon god of the seas and earthquakes (still tsunamis have been associated with earthquakes so...). Hades god of the underworld (Thantos is really the god of death). Apollo god of healing, songs and poetry. Artimeis goddess of the hunt. Athena goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. Aphrodity (may be misspelled) goddess of love. Ares god of war. And so on and so forth.