Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizards Helping Wizards

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I saw a thread on Pirate101 that inspired me to make this.

Anyways, we all know how hard it is to run through Wizard101 the first time, and even sometimes after that. However, I thought that with a topic that gave general hints and tips about how to play, we could make the journey easier for some of the newer wizards.

So here's my first tip.

Gear Tip

I know that gear that gives you a lot of health for your level can be very appealing, however, I must speak up and say that using it isn't always the best idea. In doing so you lose valuable statistics.

What I'm about to say next only applies until level 50 I believe.

I'd recommend using gear that gives a combination of damage and accuracy boosts to your own school, damage and resist to your own school, or resist and accuracy to your own school or all three boosts for your own school. An added bonus is if you can get health on any of these combinations.

This allows you to increase the damage your spells do and, ideally, decrease the time you spend in battle because of the stray fizzle or that moment of being a few hit points away from winning the duel. Overall, getting to learn and use your schools strengths with this gear can help you minimize your school's weaknesses.

Example
I was once a level 45 in Dragonspyre. (Hard to believe that now though. ) I had chosen, instead of getting gear that boosted only my health, to get gear that boosted my damage, health and accuracy. This is probably what allowed me to solo the world. I could easily blade up for a Tempest and, when the time was right, launch off my attack without too much fear of it fizzling. Most of the time I was finished with that battle after I used Tempest because I had enough damage to kill the monsters I was facing.

If anyone else wants to share tips and tricks, feel free! I'm also open to people modifying my own tip with their version of how they do it, as it allows players to see several ways that they could do things.

With my best wishes to everyone.
Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 91
Alura Unicornglade, level 47

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Good advice! :D
for levels ~1-~59 i think focusing on damage is very helpful. after that the waterworks gear is going to be the best.
~Wands: if you're going for a good wand and you're any school besides balance, get the opposite school of yours! this allows boost on same-school matchups and also removes those pesky shields if you're trying to use prisms, for balance either use a balance wand, or a , or wand.
(opposite schools for the few who don't know)
=
=
=
=(

as for spells: to begin there aren't many options but as you progress you will find yourself flooded with spells.

try to keep a few heals at all times, try to have higher attacks mixed with lower ones. and once you get to the sun school, train all the ones that add damage.

one more note: team up with people! it speeds up the game sooo much.

Gabriel 83 and wolf 1 Ashcaller

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
for levels ~1-~59 i think focusing on damage is very helpful. after that the waterworks gear is going to be the best.
~Wands: if you're going for a good wand and you're any school besides balance, get the opposite school of yours! this allows boost on same-school matchups and also removes those pesky shields if you're trying to use prisms, for balance either use a balance wand, or a , or wand.
=
=
=
=(

as for spells: to begin there aren't many options but as you progress you will find yourself flooded with spells.

try to keep a few heals at all times, try to have higher attacks mixed with lower ones. and once you get to the sun school, train all the ones that add damage.

That's some good advice! I wish I had known the trick to having a wand of my opposite school when I was questing on Scarlet. Lol

I do agree with your point on teaming up with people. Finding several friends to work with greatly increases your chances of surviving a duel and it allows you guys to hang out and have fun.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
=
=
=
=(

Just an addition to this. At higher levels prisms are valuable as a "trap" too. For example, Storm Prism used on Ice is like adding a trap since higher level Ice boost to myth.

boosts =
boosts =
boosts =
boosts =
boosts =
boosts =
boosts =

So you can see that mass prisms are basically a mass trap for certain schools in certain battles.
Storm Prism vs Ice
Myth Prism vs Fire
Death Prism vs Storm
Life Prism vs Myth
Fire Prism vs Death
Ice Prism vs Life
Storm Prism (Life and Death boosting natually anyways) vs Balance

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Reagent Tip

I know lots of people have trouble getting enough stone blocks for their drums. There's a really good farming spot in the Athenium, near where the stone rose is. You go past the library and there should be an opening of sorts. Follow it back and go to a perfect realm. There will be three or four places where stone blocks will spawn. Keep switching realms and you'll soon get lots of them!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Scarlet Nightdream... on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
I saw a thread on Pirate101 that inspired me to make this.

Anyways, we all know how hard it is to run through Wizard101 the first time, and even sometimes after that. However, I thought that with a topic that gave general hints and tips about how to play, we could make the journey easier for some of the newer wizards.

So here's my first tip.

Gear Tip

I know that gear that gives you a lot of health for your level can be very appealing, however, I must speak up and say that using it isn't always the best idea. In doing so you lose valuable statistics.

What I'm about to say next only applies until level 50 I believe.

I'd recommend using gear that gives a combination of damage and accuracy boosts to your own school, damage and resist to your own school, or resist and accuracy to your own school or all three boosts for your own school. An added bonus is if you can get health on any of these combinations.

This allows you to increase the damage your spells do and, ideally, decrease the time you spend in battle because of the stray fizzle or that moment of being a few hit points away from winning the duel. Overall, getting to learn and use your schools strengths with this gear can help you minimize your school's weaknesses.

Example
I was once a level 45 in Dragonspyre. (Hard to believe that now though. ) I had chosen, instead of getting gear that boosted only my health, to get gear that boosted my damage, health and accuracy. This is probably what allowed me to solo the world. I could easily blade up for a Tempest and, when the time was right, launch off my attack without too much fear of it fizzling. Most of the time I was finished with that battle after I used Tempest because I had enough damage to kill the monsters I was facing.

If anyone else wants to share tips and tricks, feel free! I'm also open to people modifying my own tip with their version of how they do it, as it allows players to see several ways that they could do things.

With my best wishes to everyone.
Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 91
Alura Unicornglade, level 47
Hello Scarlet Nightdreamer.

I am ValkoortheVictorious (Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen) from over at the pirate101 message boards and I just wanted to stop in and say hi. A fellow pirate friend told me that the PHP (Pirates Helping Pirates) thread I started had spread over to the wizard boards and I wanted to check it out for myself. So many friendly and wise pirates have already shared such amazing tips and strategies and I hope the resource thread keeps growing. There support and insight has been tremendous and I am so appreciative of everything they have to offer.

I think it is a fantastic idea to have that sort of tip, advice and strategy resource available to new wizards and those just looking for extra help. Everyone deserves a helping hand and I commend you on taking initiative to be the wizard to get things rolling.

I haven't played much of wizard101 yet and this is indeed my first post. When I do get to playing it more I will be sure to provide any help, tips and advice that I can. Again, great job in trying to help out your fellow wizards. It was nice to meet you and good luck with the thread, the game and in life.