Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Private Problems

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I tried to do PvP. I literally forced myself to try.
I go in, happy and ready, come out frustrated and down right wishing I hadn't gone in in the first place.

The thing with starting out as a private now, is that the game has been out so long that most players are warlords with amazing PvP gear. Why in the heck am I being put against warlords? The matching should go by level and ranking.
I should be going against level 50 - 55 privates not warlords!

I understand the whole "If you are a private you may go against low level warlords" thing, but I try to play legit. I try my best not to spam or use unbelievable treasure cards. But when I meet a level 30 who is using storm owl I officially call it quits. I wish that there was a way I could just go back to my original ranking of Private (500) with all my arena tickets gone. I haven't bought any gear or anything.
I am tired of the complicated piercings and criticals, the enormous block that is being put to use by such low levels.

Once again I am being faced with the problem: Oh you don't have crowns? lol good luck!
I refuse to spend my money farming on a single hoard pack for the low chance of getting Jade gear. That is gambling on a kids game. I thought this game was supposed to be family friendly, but with the gambling, the constant grabbing at your pockets by Kingsisle, the complicated impossible pvp matches...

If at all possible KI, I was wondering if it would be okay to remove all of my arena tickets and put my ranking back to normal. It is embarrassing, going around with 2 wins and 11 losses.
I understand that this will probably not happen, but it is worth a shot at asking. You can trust me when I say I am never entering that arena again. The behavior, impossible matching, and downright sourness of it all is too much for this casual player.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Ruthless Anthony on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I go in, happy and ready, come out frustrated and down right wishing I hadn't gone in in the first place.

The thing with starting out as a private now, is that the game has been out so long that most players are warlords with amazing PvP gear. Why in the heck am I being put against warlords? The matching should go by level and ranking.

I understand the whole "If you are a private you may go against low level warlords" thing, but I try to play legit. I try my best not to spam or use unbelievable treasure cards. But when I meet a level 30 who is using storm owl I officially call it quits. I wish that there was a way I could just go back to my original ranking of Private (500) with all my arena tickets gone. I haven't bought any gear or anything.
I am tired of the complicated piercings and criticals, the enormous block that is being put to use by such low levels.

Once again I am being faced with the problem: Oh you don't have crowns? lol good luck!
I refuse to spend my money farming on a single hoard pack for the low chance of getting Jade gear. That is gambling on a kids game. I thought this game was supposed to be family friendly, but with the gambling, the constant grabbing at your pockets by Kingsisle, the complicated impossible pvp matches...

If at all possible KI, I was wondering if it would be okay to remove all of my arena tickets and put my ranking back to normal. It is embarrassing, going around with 2 wins and 11 losses.
I understand that this will probably not happen, but it is worth a shot at asking. You can trust me when I say I am never entering that arena again. The behavior, impossible matching, and downright sourness of it all is too much for this casual player.
Well, first of all, it is impossible for level 30s to use storm owl. It is not a tc, never should be, and is gotten at level 88. Second, levels probably 50-70 are some of the hardest to rank up in from nothing. You face lower levels with warlord gear, and higher levels with critical gear. The only fair match you'll get is someone your level, and that's uncommon. I recommend making a lower level character for pvp, or leveling to 90.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011

I totally agree with the gamblig part!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010

PVP in low levels is all about pet and TC's

PVP at high levels is all about having the most damage, pierce and critical possible to 1-2 hit the other player. its very common for 1v1 to be against someone with 400-575+ critical and your not going to block them most of the time. I beat this life guy tonight who used the 95 block TC i still landed a critical 10 pip on him for 4400+ damage one hitting him.

can't beat them join them, jade is not very good in pvp now with shadow spells and the super high critical ratings others are getting.

Hope this helps, I was very frustrated but now i am good because i now joined the critical club hehe :D

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Welcome to pvp Anthony! I used to be that kind of person in pvp who would play with the cards I had. Surprise! Pets giving 14+ resist to all and they can heal now! Okay, got a pet, and got some tower shield TC's. Surprise! Shatter TC! That's okay, got my +75 (strong) TC's for my low level wiz. Surprise! Basilisk TC's! Gargantuan TC's! I'm sitting there, wondering what to do. So I train my ice to 40, get him to captain, grab some vet gear, and well what do you know, "The new age of PvP has begun!" IMO the new age is worse than the old age. I've officially quit pvp and I encourage you to do the same. After Krysalis and Tartarus, pvp is a nightmare. Hello storm wizards with 473 crit, and 28 pierce. Hello low level wizards with 50+ resist with fairy, unicorn, sprite, with life mastery amulets and a stack of 9 pip spells. I'm never doing ranked pvp again, only practice, but it's the same there too.