Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do drop rates exist.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Okay so i made a post asking about how to get an item and about drop rates one person said drops rates don't exist then one said that that do....so do or don't they exist .

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Drop rates exist, however I don't believe KI has published them; on the few specific times KI has responded they are general and noncommittal, i.e.-amber drop rate for one of the plants was around 5-10%, big variance.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Drop rates are the odds of getting a specific item from a specific event, like a certain wand from a boss drop or pack reward. They have to exist in order for any 'random' prize to be given in a game. Whoever said that they don't exist must have been confused. It is important to understand that they are odds not a guarantee. If there is a 10% drop rate, you aren't going to get one every ten fights, but that will be the average over time. Imagine you rolled a die. There's a 1/6 chance of any number coming up, but you might get two 5s in a row, or take ten tries to roll a 6. Also remember that these odds vary a lot. Some items are very easy to get, while others are very hard. For something like a low rank pet snack you might get one every 2 or 3 fights, while a mastery amulet or Evil Magma Pea seed could take 100 or more.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Balance princess on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Okay so i made a post asking about how to get an item and about drop rates one person said drops rates don't exist then one said that that do....so do or don't they exist .
KI as well as every game I know of will change drop rates depending on many different factors such as:
Is the item on sale in the crowns shop?
If so how much money are they making from it?
What season is it?
Is it a popular item?
How many complaints do they get from people that can't seem to get it?
etc.

So, your answer is yes they do exist, but they change very often. So KI will likely never publish them because they don't want to cause any legal issues when they change them again.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
I believe its both. I think the game chooses what the drop rate will be for certain people. I met a guy who had 5 blade of the felled titan anthems and he had only done the dungeon 20-25 times where as other have done it over 50 times and have gotten nothing. I really wish ki could clarify this because it has been bugging me for a long time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Drop Rates are: Some will get item with little effort, some will have to put a little effort into it, some will have to put a lot of effort into it and some will just give up and move on with out the item, some will actually quit the game over it. They maybe convinced the game can't be played with out the item or maybe the constant let down of not getting the item gets to them.

I am the move on type, I may give it a go 2-3 times then I just tire of the idea and give up.

After "farming" Water Works with my Life then Death wizards I pretty much decided the drop rate for me is set pretty high so no sense trying that any more.

Maybe if farming where more fun - example, I took part in a M4H event where we farmed for the spells in Mooshu, these were a group of people who actually ran you though the instance for the dropped spells. I met a lot of nice wizards and it made farming fun and quick. Rather then slogging away at something over and over again, that takes up to an hour of your time, with no results which can be disappointing really.