Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Polymorphs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2013
I'm a big fan of polymorphs, in part because I'm ice, and it can be nice to have something like cat bandit to get greater damage with a click.

I feel like polymorphs should be something that people can use consistently for many levels, without them loosing power.

A good example of a loss of power is treant. Without it, I could not have soloed the stellarium at the level I was at. It was an easy fix to healing. Transform for 6 rounds, get full health, and start again with a clean slate.

However, even by trial of the spheres, treant was already feeling like it was wearing out. The main reason for this is the lack of resist. I would polymorph to heal, but they would kill me before I could due to death boost, or wild bolt, or something along those lines.

You can see how it becomes horrible around Avalon.

One idea to fix this, is to make the power proportional to the level. I mean, Vengeance is +20% right? That means it's 20% more critical rating. And your critical percentage : critical rating adjusts with level. So how about resist is like 10+ Your-level-minus-fifty? Off course, it would have to stop after like 30 or 40% resist, but it would still be affective. Maybe do the same with damage and accuracy. Not to mention block.

Here's what I would like to see, moon wise, in new astral spells:
  • At least 30% base resist
  • Somewhere between 50% and 120% damage (or whatever is appropriate) varying between schools
  • Storm and fire getting at minimum 10% accuracy
  • At least 130 critical rating (again varying on schools)
  • A good amount of block
  • The appropriate Elemental/Spirit blade, and/or Lunar/Solar blade
  • Some sort of moon attack
  • School blade
  • Blade sharpen
  • Feint
  • Colossal
  • Auras
  • And By All Means rank 7 and rank 10 spells, with some of the ones in between
  • Ability to use treasure cards!!!!
School specifications:
  • Ice: tower, legion, and frozen armor
  • Balance: bladestorm, judgement, balanceblade, and possibly dragonblade (yes as a spell)
  • Life: satyr, rebirth, and primordial
  • Storm: supercharge?
  • Fire: Heckhound
  • Myth: Earthquake, humongafrog (wrong spelling probably)
  • Death: Potent trap (for feint), dark pact, curse
Please at least consider this before you immediately go against it.

Hope you enjoyed!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
ThatHelpfulThaumat... on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
I'm a big fan of polymorphs, in part because I'm ice, and it can be nice to have something like cat bandit to get greater damage with a click.

I feel like polymorphs should be something that people can use consistently for many levels, without them loosing power.

A good example of a loss of power is treant. Without it, I could not have soloed the stellarium at the level I was at. It was an easy fix to healing. Transform for 6 rounds, get full health, and start again with a clean slate.

However, even by trial of the spheres, treant was already feeling like it was wearing out. The main reason for this is the lack of resist. I would polymorph to heal, but they would kill me before I could due to death boost, or wild bolt, or something along those lines.

You can see how it becomes horrible around Avalon.

One idea to fix this, is to make the power proportional to the level. I mean, Vengeance is +20% right? That means it's 20% more critical rating. And your critical percentage : critical rating adjusts with level. So how about resist is like 10+ Your-level-minus-fifty? Off course, it would have to stop after like 30 or 40% resist, but it would still be affective. Maybe do the same with damage and accuracy. Not to mention block.

Here's what I would like to see, moon wise, in new astral spells:
  • At least 30% base resist
  • Somewhere between 50% and 120% damage (or whatever is appropriate) varying between schools
  • Storm and fire getting at minimum 10% accuracy
  • At least 130 critical rating (again varying on schools)
  • A good amount of block
  • The appropriate Elemental/Spirit blade, and/or Lunar/Solar blade
  • Some sort of moon attack
  • School blade
  • Blade sharpen
  • Feint
  • Colossal
  • Auras
  • And By All Means rank 7 and rank 10 spells, with some of the ones in between
  • Ability to use treasure cards!!!!
School specifications:
  • Ice: tower, legion, and frozen armor
  • Balance: bladestorm, judgement, balanceblade, and possibly dragonblade (yes as a spell)
  • Life: satyr, rebirth, and primordial
  • Storm: supercharge?
  • Fire: Heckhound
  • Myth: Earthquake, humongafrog (wrong spelling probably)
  • Death: Potent trap (for feint), dark pact, curse
Please at least consider this before you immediately go against it.

Hope you enjoyed!
Cool idea, but I am not a fan of Polymorphs, because no resist and no critical blo... oh you already mentioned that. I suspect it's stats are so terrible because it's spells are so, decent. For example, in pvp, if my enemy used a Polymorph in pvp, it would be good for both of us, they get good spells, and I get to take advantage of 0 resist and 0 block not to mention low health. But with your idea, they would kill me within two rounds, with no chance of me not getting 0 pvp rank.

That's the problem, gobbler has good stats but bad spells, all the other Polymorphs have good spells bad stats, that's what kept it from being OP and tearing apart the spiral.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Something that I want is some myth polymorphs. For example there is a diviner facing a storm boss without knowing a single myth spell, they have a problem that other wizards don't. Because other wizards can use their own spells, if there was a myth polymorph, diviners (& other wizards) would find a storm boss easier. Here is one of my ideas for a myth polymorph:

Polymorph Gorgon - Turn into a myth gorgon for 6 rounds.
You have a 30% chance of being Euryale:
Health: 3,000
Deck: Troll, Cyclops, Humongofrog, Minotaur, Earthquake, Mythblade, Myth Trap & Euryale.
Euryale - 600 Damage to all enemies, 7 pips, 85% accuracy.
You have a 30% chance of being Stheno:
Health: 2,000
Deck: Same as Euryale, except instead of Euryale, it is Stheno.
Stheno - 1,000 damage to 1 enemy, 7 pips, 70% accuracy.
You have a 40% chance of being Medusa:
Health: 2,500
Deck: Same as others, except it has Medusa instead of the others.

I also think that damage polymorphs should have a bit more resist. Resisting polymorphs should have a bit more damage. And healing polymorphs should have a bit more health. And there should also be more well rounded polymorphs, that have a decent damage, resist & health. Instead of us picking one and dying because of a lack of a different one.

Blaze SandBlade lvl 46 sorcerer.