Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat and Senators Laurels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
Guess this is two topics in one message, but two birds one stone. I really wish KI would add more to the text chat menu. I find myself not wanting to play with anyone who doesn't have open chat because I find it hard to communicate a lot of different things to them about our quests or battles. I know that doesn't sound nice but its the truth. I've played with other wizards who feel the same way. One instance was battling the squid in Aquila, I could not let the wizard with text chat know to not cast heals. I could ask him not to heal, but he thought I meant not to heal just me. This is just one example with the text chats.
The senators laurels, I really liked the little head gear, thought they were cute and was excited about them, until I realized that awful hair style came with it. Why cant we just put it on our current styles same as other head gear? Please change this KI, I would really like to use one but wont because I really don't want that hair style. Sounds silly I guess, but I would like the laurel for my wizards without a hair change.
Thanks for the wonderful world of the spiral and the good times had there!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
you forgot to add that they have terrible stats

Brandon Ironblade lvl 90

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
They could and should add the phrase, "Sorry, but I cannot quest with menu chat players because I cannot communicate effectively with them."

Survivor
May 17, 2009
bran4971 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:

Brandon Ironblade lvl 90
Very stereotypical of you. Not all text chatters or menu chatters have terrible stats! I myself am a menu chat and I don't mean this as a brag but I have exceptional stats. I have seen countless open chats with stats that are well horrible! but anyways in conclusion don't judge a wizard by their chat

Sincerely, Spectral Evidence

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
bran4971 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:

Brandon Ironblade lvl 90 Very stereotypical of you. Not all text chatters or menu chatters have terrible stats! I myself am a menu chat and I don't mean this as a brag but I have exceptional stats. I have seen countless open chats with stats that are well horrible! but anyways in conclusion don't judge a wizard by their chat

I assumed he meant the senator laurels have bad stats. I myself have seen great stats and excellent players that have text chat. It can just be so hard to strategize with them, I really wish it was easier. I also didn't want the laurel for the stats, I wanted to stitch it, cause I liked it. But that wont happen with the hair style. Personalizing our wizards is part of the fun.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Spectral Evidence on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Very stereotypical of you. Not all text chatters or menu chatters have terrible stats! I myself am a menu chat and I don't mean this as a brag but I have exceptional stats. I have seen countless open chats with stats that are well horrible! but anyways in conclusion don't judge a wizard by their chat

i am very sure he just meant menu chat he probably doesn't know wt open chat is and i admit many mutes have bad stats due to not being able to talk about stats with people higher lvl but they learn eventually when i first joined game i wasn't old enough for text chat on my first wizard i didn't even have a secondary school and equipped any gear that got dropped asap eventually i got mad at losing every boss battle in wizardcity and looked stuff up i still have my second wizard

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
scarlett7066 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Guess this is two topics in one message, but two birds one stone. I really wish KI would add more to the text chat menu. I find myself not wanting to play with anyone who doesn't have open chat because I find it hard to communicate a lot of different things to them about our quests or battles. I know that doesn't sound nice but its the truth. I've played with other wizards who feel the same way. One instance was battling the squid in Aquila, I could not let the wizard with text chat know to not cast heals. I could ask him not to heal, but he thought I meant not to heal just me. This is just one example with the text chats.
The senators laurels, I really liked the little head gear, thought they were cute and was excited about them, until I realized that awful hair style came with it. Why cant we just put it on our current styles same as other head gear? Please change this KI, I would really like to use one but wont because I really don't want that hair style. Sounds silly I guess, but I would like the laurel for my wizards without a hair change.
Do you mean menu chat? Or both text and menu chat? Because if you mean both, I agree. I didn't know about open chat when I first created an account, and now I guess I'm stuck with text chat for a while. I can't say a lot with text chat. Well, it's more than what I can say with menu chat, but still I think I should be able to say a bit more with text chat.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Maybe they could add a menu chat phrase, "I understand the cheats."

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
I mean menu chat. Critical Blizzard has a very valid point, I have learned much about surviving in the Spiral by chatting with other wizards and being able to hear their conversations and advice. I understand why a lot of wizards have the menu chat, when my daughter started on wizards a few years back I set her account to menu chat, thinking I was protecting her from the scary internet. I hadn't played a game like this at the time and had no idea how I was limiting her. Judging by a lot of the things that gets passed the filters I still think it is probably a good idea for young kids, which is why I wish they would improve the menu chat.
KI does so many wonderful things on wizards surely this isn't impossible. I wonder if it would possible to have a menu chat add on that is there when entering a dungeon that pertains to the dungeons quest and rules. Maybe we could start posting ideas for new menu chat comments that would be helpful.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
scarlett7066 on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I mean menu chat. Critical Blizzard has a very valid point, I have learned much about surviving in the Spiral by chatting with other wizards and being able to hear their conversations and advice. I understand why a lot of wizards have the menu chat, when my daughter started on wizards a few years back I set her account to menu chat, thinking I was protecting her from the scary internet. I hadn't played a game like this at the time and had no idea how I was limiting her. Judging by a lot of the things that gets passed the filters I still think it is probably a good idea for young kids, which is why I wish they would improve the menu chat.
KI does so many wonderful things on wizards surely this isn't impossible. I wonder if it would possible to have a menu chat add on that is there when entering a dungeon that pertains to the dungeons quest and rules. Maybe we could start posting ideas for new menu chat comments that would be helpful.
limiting? sure it's not easy but you could have helped her learn about gear without giving her text chat or she could have went onto websites like i did when i only had menu and look up good gear now i only have menu again they may have actually had a reason but i still believe he got his friends to false report me cause i proved him wrong about something silly in game

Survivor
Jul 04, 2011
Malt22 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
They could and should add the phrase, "Sorry, but I cannot quest with menu chat players because I cannot communicate effectively with them."
Slightly cold, but i get what you mean.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2011
scarlett7066 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I completely understand what you mean. Many mutes have tried to befriend me, but i have to turn them away because they cant speak with me directly. I would love it if they had more things to say instead of regulated mute speech. I hope KI figures something out soon.