Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are we supposed to quit?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Astreaus is not fun. I am defeating him right now, almost out of cards. I feel like celestia is designed for us to quit. Is it?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Angela Gem on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Astreaus is not fun. I am defeating him right now, almost out of cards. I feel like celestia is designed for us to quit. Is it?
Although I am not sure that is the intent of it it does seem like it does happen. Once things have to be figured out in order to progress in the game it does become harder to just get by if you aren't the sort of person that can fathom that. I personally can not tell you how many hours I have wasted on just learning how to play the second arc of the game and I still don't do it well, I get by. Is it fun - not really. I used to really like the game, now it's "just" like any other game.

You pretty much have to pay attention to better gear, pet, and deck set up. If it were easier to get the WaterWorks gear or if every one could at least craft the Wintertusk gear it would help but KI doesn't really seem to want to help us out that way. If it's your thing you can now buy better crown gear then in game drops. Now what school you are also decides how easy it is also. It's also been my experience that if you don't know how to play your school well it is hopeless. My first wizard pretty much soloed though end of Zafaria with lvl 58 gear.

If you don't have a "group" or "friends" to call on and can not solo what else can happen? I plug on slowly. I have lower level wizards for a break from it all. I no longer have friends so I don't have to be loyal to any wizard or school. I have wizards I devote to just a family group that play but I prefer the break to solo play.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I never felt that way. Celestia is more like a precursor of things to come as far as difficulty goes

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Of course not! It's designed to be challenging. If it was designed for you to quit, KI would lose business.

Community Leader
My suggestion is there are many guides out there to help you defeat this area. Wizard101 Central has some pretty good ones, in their Celestia Guides section. Good luck with your quest.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Some dungeons and bosses are extremely difficult to fight solo. I would carry at least one reshuffle treasure card for such fights.

If you think Celestia is hard, wait till you get to Azteca. The fights only get harder as you level up so I would recommend getting some decent gear with universal resist (like Waterworks gear), and/or get your friend's to help you on really hard fights.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
I know how rewarding playing solo can be, but sometimes help feels just as good...

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
Wait… You're talking about cl???

I've gotten stuck in cl before, but I always could pass t with one or two friends. I have extremely low health (Storm…) and most of the bosses in CL tend to be my school, so it was a bit rough. I loved CL though.

Just wait until you get to ZF, AV, and…..AZ!

Keira D.

lvl 79 DIviner

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I fear this fellow wizard won't make it to Azteca... (We're looking at you, Ghost Avalon)

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
Celstia is not ment to quit im really upset that a lot of people hate I mean like really? it gets more fun along the way don't worry

Elizabeth,lvl60
see you in the spiral!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
Angela Gem on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Celestia is fun, very fun. Sure it is a little more challenging but that just means more fun.
Just get help from friends and get some healing treasure cards ( if you don't have any )

Good luck!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
I fear this fellow wizard won't make it to Azteca... (We're looking at you, Ghost Avalon)
Oh i will make it to Azteca. In fact, i am breezing through Zafaria. It is soooooooo much eaiser than Celestia. Just a bit more battleing,but what you battle isn't all that hard. Now i am also gonna reply to other people. I used to carry reshufle, but when i traded back my training points i had lost it. Celestia isn't fun. Celestia is super hard, but the Science Center was awesome! I liked district of the stars too! And i know how to play my school. I do have friends to call on, but they are not online every single second like others might be. And how do you craft wintertusk gear if you aren't in wintertusk? there isn't a way. And yes i am talking about Zafaria. And i waited till Zafaria and guess what? It is super easy! And i did bring friends... 2 of them. I got past that boss in case any of you were wondering, and defeated Mithraya. Well.. i pretty much said that when i said i am in Zafaria :D