Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

These bundle packs, differences?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
As i pretty much just started, but I feel like having some boost for myself early on, which is good for a low level ice wizard? The names of the items that are in those bundle packs doesn't tell me much. I have crowns already aswell but have not yet spent them, thinking I might spam them off on some booster pack later on but I'll see.

Any tips or replies would be appreciated, thanks!

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
xodtheman on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
As i pretty much just started, but I feel like having some boost for myself early on, which is good for a low level ice wizard? The names of the items that are in those bundle packs doesn't tell me much. I have crowns already aswell but have not yet spent them, thinking I might spam them off on some booster pack later on but I'll see.

If you would like to check them out, the fansites have a lot of details. Here is a link to one of them in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Card_Packs

On that link, you can click on different packs (ex: Hoard of the Hydra pack), and then you can click on different items that are available in the packs too.

Hope this helps.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
xodtheman on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:

Tip: There's no reason to spend crowns. Stay away from the crowns gear early on... you will actually find better gear in the Bazaar. What a lot of people don't get is that Ice is meant to be the tank...to have the highest health. Crowns gear will not get you the proper stats. You can do Ice very easily without crowns gear all the way through the game.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Crown Gear is pretty awesome, but for a level 3 Myth there is an Awesome Robe called "Robes of the Great Troll" 60+ Health Max and 1% Myth Accuracy. That is pretty good. And that is not crown gear

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There's a lot of gear for lower levels you can find in the Bazaar that is as good or better. When all of my wizards were low level, they enjoyed Bazaar farming for awesome stuff

The higher level gear (hat, boots, robe) from the crown shop and in the hoard packs really aren't that good. Some stats make it look great, but if you look closer, there is always something major that's missing. To me, that doesn't work for my wizards.

Many of the hoard pack and crown wands are good, though!