Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A quide to pet fame may update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
So, I am certain that I will get lots of pets, so I decided to make a bunch of tips for success in pets. So, here they are!
Tip one: Get a house. If you can afford (Major saving here) a crown shop house, do it. This will likely cause you to have many pets (The buying and hatching, not buying the house itself.) so you want somewhere with lots of room.
Tip two: Zoom into secret shops. I found a really neat Kroc pet this way. But make sure you have enough before you go to a secret shop, because the portals to them are rarely open.
Tip three: Advance through worlds, and the areas in them. This is a great way to find places where you can buy pets.
Tip four: Don't be shy. A neat way to get new pets is to hatch pets with others. So hatch away!
Tip five: Feed your pet the pet snacks that match your pet's element. Simple, but your pet will certainly like the snack if it matches the pet's element.
Tip five: Do pet games. Even if they seem like a waste of time, these pet games will improve and advance your pet, and what use it a pet snack without a game?
Tip six: If you are bringing up your pets for the pet derby, experiment and, if you and another player can type your own messages, ask questions. In this way, you can discover what pets and abilities work best for you. Then, you can breed more successfully.

Have fun and Good luck!
Elizabeth Dragonheart, Heckhound, dragon, and Cyclops pets

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Elizabeth Dragonhe... on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
So, I am certain that I will get lots of pets, so I decided to make a bunch of tips for success in pets. So, here they are!
Tip one: Get a house. If you can afford (Major saving here) a crown shop house, do it. This will likely cause you to have many pets (The buying and hatching, not buying the house itself.) so you want somewhere with lots of room.
Tip two: Zoom into secret shops. I found a really neat Kroc pet this way. But make sure you have enough before you go to a secret shop, because the portals to them are rarely open.
Tip three: Advance through worlds, and the areas in them. This is a great way to find places where you can buy pets.
Tip four: Don't be shy. A neat way to get new pets is to hatch pets with others. So hatch away!
Tip five: Feed your pet the pet snacks that match your pet's element. Simple, but your pet will certainly like the snack if it matches the pet's element.
Tip five: Do pet games. Even if they seem like a waste of time, these pet games will improve and advance your pet, and what use it a pet snack without a game?
Tip six: If you are bringing up your pets for the pet derby, experiment and, if you and another player can type your own messages, ask questions. In this way, you can discover what pets and abilities work best for you. Then, you can breed more successfully.

Have fun and Good luck!
Elizabeth Dragonheart, Heckhound, dragon, and Cyclops pets
Tip one: you don't need a house, you have a bank. Although it's not as much fun as having pets run amok everywhere :)
Tip four: hatching is very expensive; not everyone is interested and lower levels sure can't afford it.
Tip five: research your pet and see if what it likes. Example: pet likes veggies...feed it veggie snacks and veggie snacks from it's school. the regular ones it will like, the school-specific ones it will love.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Don't waste your gold on a pet that "looks" cool. More often than not, you will wind up with at least one bad trait, no one will want to hatch with it, and as far as I am concerned - a total waste of time and gold.

Hatch for traits, not what a pet looks like!!!

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
OldStormWizard on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Don't waste your gold on a pet that "looks" cool. More often than not, you will wind up with at least one bad trait, no one will want to hatch with it, and as far as I am concerned - a total waste of time and gold.

Hatch for traits, not what a pet looks like!!!
I have some high pedigree pets to take care of that issue. I am training a sea dragon for a person who I wanna hatch with. Then I have to farm. That was off-topic. But I have seen pets like normal dragon pets with 110 pedigree. And I will gladly hatch with any low pedigree person who got it for the looks. But a krok is less than 2k gold. Oh and the tips are wonderful!!!!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
More tips!
tip 7 If you want a pet obtained with arena tickets, but you are horrible at the pet derby, arena tickets obtained with pvp work until you have good pets for the pet derby.
tip 8 If you do not craft, you have lots of reagents, but not a lot of gold, selling reagents at the bazaar (Can never spell that right, will check later) will give you tons of gold.
tip 9 Show your stuff. If you have created a pet derby master, do the pet derby whenever possible. If you're pets look great, give them a great spot in your house. With luck, someone will be impressed and ask to hatch with you!
tip 10 If you have crowns (Left over from other purchases or newly bought) use them to get a new pet!