Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I hope I don't have to post this again..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Let's all take a moment and remember what pvp is and what it used to be (including you KI). Compare the past and present and also think of the future. After reading EVERYTHING on the pvp message boards KI, don't you think that there is SOMETHING wrong with pvp? Pvp was nice up until (I'll be nice and say) Zafaria. I didn't mind pvp, even 4v4 was a hoot. Then Avalon came out and the train fell off the track. With the new utility spells and craftable gear (not to mention jade gear) pvp got wrecked. Now when a lot of people think about pvp, they think about the following: (I won't list them all)

Let's start with low level pvp
-Tc tower
-Tc astral spells
-Tc feint
-Tc high lvl hits that you shouldn't be using
-Bad mouthed opponents
= a horrible experience

Now high lvl pvp (1v1 and team)
-Jade Gear
-Crafted Ice Gear
-Heal Spam
-Mana burn
-Super nova
-Weakness spam
-Stun spam
-Shield spam
-Guardian Spirit spam
-Bad mouthed opponents
-Bad mouthed audience
=A horrible experience

Need I go on? What the frusturated people are trying to say (this is to you KI) please please please please please please fix pvp! Ban tcs, limit the amount of times you can use a card per match, or something! Just make it ENJOYABLE for the rest of us fair fighters PLEASE!!!

Blake TitanCaller lvl 89

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I think pvp is fine the way it is

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well said. I completely agree.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Cenaurius97 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Let's all take a moment and remember what pvp is and what it used to be (including you KI). Compare the past and present and also think of the future. After reading EVERYTHING on the pvp message boards KI, don't you think that there is SOMETHING wrong with pvp? Pvp was nice up until (I'll be nice and say) Zafaria. I didn't mind pvp, even 4v4 was a hoot. Then Avalon came out and the train fell off the track. With the new utility spells and craftable gear (not to mention jade gear) pvp got wrecked. Now when a lot of people think about pvp, they think about the following: (I won't list them all)

Let's start with low level pvp
-Tc tower
-Tc astral spells
-Tc feint
-Tc high lvl hits that you shouldn't be using
-Bad mouthed opponents
= a horrible experience

Now high lvl pvp (1v1 and team)
-Jade Gear
-Crafted Ice Gear
-Heal Spam
-Mana burn
-Super nova
-Weakness spam
-Stun spam
-Shield spam
-Guardian Spirit spam
-Bad mouthed opponents
-Bad mouthed audience
=A horrible experience

Need I go on? What the frusturated people are trying to say (this is to you KI) please please please please please please fix pvp! Ban tcs, limit the amount of times you can use a card per match, or something! Just make it ENJOYABLE for the rest of us fair fighters PLEASE!!!

Blake TitanCaller lvl 89
Going to just go in order starting at low level pvp.
Towers are easily removed.
Astral spells that are useful are basically Vengeance, if that 25% chance kicks in, Fortify, which you can usually just wait for it to expire before your hit, and Infallible, which throwing a shield up makes it really not help much.
Its pretty easy to put a shield over a Feint and keep it from being an issue. After you gain a bit of rank people will have much more health than you, you need those high damage hits. Also, it's not like you don't have the same accessibility to these cards as anyone else does. Ignore button is something I use fairly frequently, say gg, wait for first message out of their mouth, if its gg then it's fine if it's Something followed by noob just ignore.

Jade gear gives no damage, no critical, low healing, and not the best health.
Crafted ice gear can be painful if you're storm or fire, but a prism can get you past the worst of the resist.
Don't hit spam and they can't heal spam; try and make every attack count, and preferably only need the first.
Mana Burn I do strongly dislike; feels unbalanced that the balance school can cast a spell every 3 rounds preventing my ability to use anything over 6 pips. Super Nova I'm really not sure how its supposed to be bad, always seemed like a not as useful spell in my opinion.
Weakness spam you can wand off, if they cast different types you can wand multiple at once, if they cast only the same just use an extra blade to get past the -25/30.
Buy treasure stun shields, and use especially if you fight a myth. Something I have done before for fun is get full pips, Medusa single stun Medusa single stun blade trap Medusa single stun; But I really don't see anyone else do that often, and that's where the "Especially if you fight a myth" part comes in anyway.
Shatter and Earth.
It doesn't stack, so try and lower their health a lot, make them use all pips to heal, finish them off into guardian mode, and do a final hit to kill them; doesn't always work, but at the least gives you breathing room as they replace shields/blades/guardian spirit/heal up.
Just wait and see if anyone says something rude, and ignore if they do. You don't have to debate it out with people or get them to like you if you don't want to.
When you call yourself a fair fighter, I'm assuming that means you don't use storm owl, leviathan, wild bolt, insane bolt, or any other of the complaints against your school you conveniently left out?

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean