Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pop O'leary glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
My character Hunter SilverBlade has to do the Ironwork dungeon in Marelybone. So i asked a couple a friends to come and help. I got into a battle while my friends beat Pops O'learly so when i teleported to my friend the battle had ended, but i got my xp and rewards. So when i left to get to the airship i got dialogue from the quest and it lead me back to beat Pops O'leary, but he wasn't there. I restarted the dungeon several times and it says the same thing, but he is never there. Now it leads me to him but the path is blocked and it wont allow me to do the quest. Is there a way to fix it? Can i restart the quest?

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
I have had similar issues with other dungeons. Normally what happens is if your not in the battle when the boss is dead or you yourself do not talk to the npcs (Yes I know a dialog bubble appears when a teammate does but still) the quests bug out. IT's very annoying and I've had to restart 4 dungeons because of this.

So perhaps restart again and try to be present for everything, or make sure you don't bring people who breeze through it too quickly, because for some reason as stated, unless you do it it'll glitch.

For me it happened in emperor's retreat, I had to talk Shalek The Wise but my friends went to fast and advanced to the part where we had to fight krokhotep, at this point the shalek at the entrance is removed and that was the one I had to talk to, as such the dungeon bugged out resulting in my having to do it over.

AS for not being able to reach him at all, did you wait 30 minutes before starting again? That could be it...