Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Level 48 Spells and Above

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
I've noticed some things and would like to point them out to the community.
Regarding the level 48 spells first;
I think they're fantastic. The idea of every school having a spell that affects one side of players (with the exception of Myth) is really great. Though, I want to point out some things that don't fit well to me.
Fire, said in the player's guide to be the school with damage over time and stuns, fits those roles halfway. Fire dragon is a damage over time but yet it has nothing to do with stuns, while Storm and Ice get to have the multi stuns.
The Balance spell is very good and I love the utility of having a weakness to every enemy. No critiques on that.
The Ice spell, as said above, has a stun. I guess it's fine to have one to apply some utility within the Ice school.
Storm spell: same as Ice
Myth spell: Myth will always be a weird class. It's the only class to have a 6 pip all-hitter and a 7 pip one-hitter. The class's strongest all-hitter spell is earthquake, which is 6 pips. It's not that useful at all, therefore the Myth class is very neglected.
Death: love it. First all-hitter. Drains. Nothing to be said.
Life: powerful unicorn. Very unique. Also love it.
Now onto the level 58 spells.
Fire: My biggest concern of all. Fire damage then a 90 percent weakness. . . . What?
Why does fire have a balance attribute in one of their spells? Yes it could provide more utility like with the stun for storm and ice mentioned above, but really? 90 percent? I'd really prefer that on a Balance spell.
Balance: good all hitter, but kinda missed an extra effect, but still pretty good.
Ice: Damage over time is mainly for fire, not ice. But other than that, taunt fits perfectly with the Ice class. Very good.
Storm: I adore this spell. It fit perfectly with the storm class and the charms.
Myth: Once here, I think we were all pretty disappointed about Myth not getting an all-hitter. But a 2 round stun is extremely unique, yet stuns still belong in the fire class.
Death: Another damage over time. Pretty good over all
Life: First all-hitter to the life class! Best spell in this series
Level 68 spells;
Fire: like the fire dragon, fits suitably
Balance: what more can we ask for? A spirit hydra? Now we can finally take on balance bosses with ease.
Ice: Another stun? Fire is losing the stun amount to Myth and Ice.
Storm: I love it! With the exception of the -50 accuracy, it fits the Storm class well.
Myth: Another missed opportunity for an all-hitter. And another stun.
Death: just like a strong wraith with the added effect of an infection. Very good.
Life: Good one-hitter, but were the dispels necessary? Maybe another effect would have been better.
Level 88 spells:
Fire: it's getting bland with the all-hitter damage over times, but it's their theme so, I guess it's ok
Balance: good damage but what's with the spirit shield?
Ice: Added effect; lose pips. Like that
Storm: beautiful animation and overall spell
Death: just like the fire one
Life: damage over time