Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zocalo loading and laging question...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Does everybody experience loading/lagging issues in Zocalo and Three Points (especially after Xibalba). Or does it depend on computer and internet connection? Is it awesome smooth for some players? For me its far worse than anywhere else in the game.

Most areas are just fine. settings: 1600x1200, medium res, texture detail low.

Please reply only if you have played sufficiently in Azteca.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Does everybody experience loading/lagging issues in Zocalo and Three Points (especially after Xibalba). Or does it depend on computer and internet connection? Is it awesome smooth for some players? For me its far worse than anywhere else in the game.

Most areas are just fine. settings: 1600x1200, medium res, texture detail low.

Please reply only if you have played sufficiently in Azteca.
I had nothing but loading and LAGGING issues in both of those areas from the first time I entered Az. It never got any better, but since I have stopped running in Alto Alto back in March, I have not been back.

But, I can't run in a full screen at all or it will just freeze up. I have medium res., everything else on low/off and shadows off. Even chat bubbles are off in a high chat area. The only other area of the game I ever had this was in Colossus Blvd.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
My balance is only in Tierra de Brea, so I don't know what will happen post-Xibalba. But so far, while I wouldn't call it "awesomely smooth," it's no worse than any other area for me (minor jerkiness when cruising on a broom). The Commons is still the choppiest area for me, and the more people there, the worse it is.

I am running the game in Linux using Wine, and the cause of the lower framerate on my system is almost certainly the directx-to-opengl conversion Wine has to do. I tested it once in XP on my laptop, and it was smoother over the same internet connection. Wizard101 doesn't actually use all that much bandwidth; both my daughter and I have been able to play at the same time over our modest 3 Mbps DSL connection without any additional lag, and this is while having browsers open, email periodically downloading, etc. My experience is that flakey internet is more likely to cause outright disconnects than lag.