Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why not two hybrids?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Hello fellow wizards!
Remember when you got your first school pet at level 48? If you have hatched with them you had the chance of getting a hybrid that took after one's looks, for example a Helephant hatched with an Ice Colossus could result in an Ice Oni or an Inferno Colossus. Now to get to the point, from level 58 and on, school pets could only give one hybrid. Why is that? I would like to see a Ice Phoenix or a Fire Mammoth or for other schools the opposite of what you get when you hatch. And if the new world brings out the Azteca spells transformed into pets wouldn't you love to see a Ice Serpent and a Lord of Inferno (I just made up these names), not just one or the other? Thank you for your responses and thoughts.

Keep questing, Luke Skywalker Level 90 Pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
I would like to agree with you, Floyd2739 because imagine what a cool hybrid the ice phoenix or like you said, an ice serpent would look like! I would love to see this change in the game. Kingsisle, please consider this pet change, Thank you.

Megan Skywalker, Level 52 Ice Wizard

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
I think the pets have become more of stat buff for wizards, withes, and KI. I would love to see them make some more pets have some hybrids.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Awesome idea, I have thought of this before, wondering why there weren't two hybrids. I hope KI makes another hybrid.

-Jasmine Owltalon

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
There is a 10% chance KI will add this to the game.I doubt we will be seeing this but i really want it to happen.

Tyler Legendfriend lvl 66 (actually working on azteca :))

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
This truly is an awesome idea. I have just gotten my Ice Wyvern pet and would love to be able to get a Fire Wyvern and Ice Phoenix hybrid pets. I know Ice Phoenix doesn't exist but it really should! Thanks, Megan Skywalker Level 59 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
Glacier Girl on May 12, 2013 wrote:
I would like to agree with you, Floyd2739 because imagine what a cool hybrid the ice phoenix or like you said, an ice serpent would look like! I would love to see this change in the game. Kingsisle, please consider this pet change, Thank you.

Megan Skywalker, Level 52 Ice Wizard
There is a Ice Serpent .

Anna Ghostheart

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
BlizzsrdMoonStorm on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
There is a Ice Serpent .

Anna Ghostheart
I think she meant a made-up ice version of Sun Serpent. Megan, reply if this is wrong or right.

Luke Skywalker, Level 90 Pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
BlizzsrdMoonStorm on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
There is a Ice Serpent .

Anna Ghostheart
Floyd2739 is right. I meant the teal/blue version of Sun Serpent (that has yet to be made). So yeah.

Megan Skywalker, Level 59

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Glacier Girl on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Floyd2739 is right. I meant the teal/blue version of Sun Serpent (that has yet to be made). So yeah.

Megan Skywalker, Level 59
Awesome ideas, right? Yea this is what I mean Megan Skywalker. See you in the Spiral.

Luke Skywalker, Level 90, Pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
wizardrokz on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I like hybrids so yes to this idea!
I agree! I LOVE pets! Come on, who doesn't want to see a Fire Mammoth?

Megan Skywalker, Level 72 Ice Wizard