Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana burn strategies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
i have been playing pvp for a while. i am mostly a 1v1 type of person i just need help with a good strategy for using mana burn in 1v1. its getting hard because it costs 5 pips so its like i am wasting pips. can anyone help me with a good follow up spell after mana burn. thx

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
PvP is all about balancing zero pip spells with pip costing spells. If you cast it with only 5 pips in your hand, you could follow it with some zero pip spells like weakness, infection, shields, blades, etc. You can't really win a match if Mana Burn is your primary attacking strategy, but you can annoy the heck out of your opponent. Also, casting Mana Burn from second position is a gamble at best that your opponent won't use any of his pips that round.

Good luck in the arena.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
thatfish453 on May 4, 2013 wrote:
i have been playing pvp for a while. i am mostly a 1v1 type of person i just need help with a good strategy for using mana burn in 1v1. its getting hard because it costs 5 pips so its like i am wasting pips. can anyone help me with a good follow up spell after mana burn. thx
Most of the time mana burn is used for PREVENTING a spell so focus on that when you use it. Especially in 4v4 you can stop something like rebirth or a big hit from a storm.

Hope I helped,
Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
thatfish453 on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I think if you know what you are doing, Supernova would be good. Judge is also clever if I have max pips. My strategy for mana burn follow-ups are judge and supernova. But I also may use Power Nova for the weakness. Its your choice though. Mana burn in 1v1 is a great way to keep pips low. But on my life, it goes wack because I can't even heal because balance spams it. But ManaBurn- 5 pips + Power Nova- 7 = 12 total pips and then to follow up with a Judgement with 6 pips. It should if you get all power pips work with a 2000-3000 if you stack blades and make sure no towers are played.