Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana in PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Mana needs to run out in PvP.
I was in a duel recently 1v1, where I came up against a guy who plays defence like me. We were both myth and both had around 50% resistance. We also both had a pet that knew spritely.
The problem was nether of us could kill each other. When traps were used they were removed and when either of us tried to stack blades earthquake would remove them before too many were stacked.
We could heal ourselves way faster than we could do damage to each other. It was a never ending battle that no one was going to win.
In the end after three hours I fled because I had to go out.

There needs to be a solution to this.
Anyone have any ideas?

My idea to fix this is to have mana run out so that eventually the player with the least mana will not be able to cast pip spells. If both players run out of mana and zero pip spells then it is a draw.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Ghost stone on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
I was in a duel recently 1v1, where I came up against a guy who plays defence like me. We were both myth and both had around 50% resistance. We also both had a pet that knew spritely.
The problem was nether of us could kill each other. When traps were used they were removed and when either of us tried to stack blades earthquake would remove them before too many were stacked.
We could heal ourselves way faster than we could do damage to each other. It was a never ending battle that no one was going to win.

Anyone have any ideas?

My idea to fix this is to have mana run out so that eventually the player with the least mana will not be able to cast pip spells. If both players run out of mana and zero pip spells then it is a draw.
I think there should be some type of mana regaining spells for PvE. Like: Purple Satyr, 4 pips, 86 mana.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Ghost stone on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:

Anyone have any ideas?

I Agree and Think not all myth wizard don't good spell because all the same and still get troubleness when vs balance or storm and sometime fire

(myth not happy with spell) don't have good talent because mostly single but stun been getting lot more annoying which ice wizard don't care about but most annoying for ice is: storm and balance

ice wizard is mad at storm because sometime spam there enfleeable spell and i am NOOB ice wizard but level 90 and can't cast much blade and trap because don't have enought slot for mine deck so, use trap vs people because sometime no blade in treasure card shop at bazaar?

but most i hate more then storm is balance because balance spam there spell vs ice wizard and spam there spell any different way for spell that we cast and try get rid of it to make harder to attack!

i do agree some comment say balance cheat in pvp because spam there mana burn but most annoying ice wizard to strong vs they also spam there super nova for every star spell you cast?

but one i mostly don't like is fire: how much get higher spell and better stuff because all they want is spell just kill ice wizard mostly one shot (even worster when ice wizard as immunity storm and fire) fire use convert and maybe storm something but just saying what will happen (ice school get all angry at all school) because everybody kill ice wizard one shot because saying that ice has wreak attack?

mine guess seem ice and myth both same amount of school spell and attack

see the different

Ice About: they most heath, resist but strong powerful spell but sometime they mostly lucky (ice wizard high resist of storm and fire) and lot shield of ice shield, tower shield, some spell are stun, and taunt

maybe might through being immunity but don't spell storm shield and fire sheild
(they should spam ice shield and myth shield and going use convert?) only spell give ice wizard and lucky got something different then same attack is (Lord Of Winter) +lose 3 pips and vs balance giving own pay back with lore of winter

Myth About: Myth is ok school lucky good talent on there spell able remove tick and putting tick on others and ice have a tick spell but different then myth because ice tick remove number of around of the tick so, be less then 3 (different do attack at second around of tick) use cooldown (100%) remove the tick (Only first and second in line) in battle field (unless ice is fouth in line) be ALL TICK using CoolDown when not first person get pick card choice (might be double) but now i am saying about myth is MYTH SAME AS ICE because only different ice doesn't have spell remove blade, and trap or shield and also don't got there attack spell like Chimera,Hydra,Orthrus, Minotaur?

if ice did have spell of a Chimera,Hydra (what is there school will be)?

mine guess might be (fire,storm,death) others way is might (ice,myth,life)

AND also count for not a spell like hydra, chimera but count for double ATTACK like Orthrus and Minotaur!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
woah, you guys shouldn't go that far lol. mana is pvp is just not cool yo. we can't ask KI questions like these and expect them to change it like that. pvp should stay the exact way it is now (NO mana needed) ps:please don't comment rudely if you are gonna send a message to this comment (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
Originally when pvp first started it did use up mana then it was inconvienent for everyone no one really liked it so they made pvp not cost mana those were the days before critical and piercing but alas their gone lol.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
JustinBoomer on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
I Agree and Think not all myth wizard don't good spell because all the same and still get troubleness when vs balance or storm and sometime fire

(myth not happy with spell) don't have good talent because mostly single but stun been getting lot more annoying which ice wizard don't care about but most annoying for ice is: storm and balance

ice wizard is mad at storm because sometime spam there enfleeable spell and i am NOOB ice wizard but level 90 and can't cast much blade and trap because don't have enought slot for mine deck so, use trap vs people because sometime no blade in treasure card shop at bazaar?

but most i hate more then storm is balance because balance spam there spell vs ice wizard and spam there spell any different way for spell that we cast and try get rid of it to make harder to attack!

i do agree some comment say balance cheat in pvp because spam there mana burn but most annoying ice wizard to strong vs they also spam there super nova for every star spell you cast?

but one i mostly don't like is fire: how much get higher spell and better stuff because all they want is spell just kill ice wizard mostly one shot (even worster when ice wizard as immunity storm and fire) fire use convert and maybe storm something but just saying what will happen (ice school get all angry at all school) because everybody kill ice wizard one shot because saying that ice has wreak attack?

mine guess seem ice and myth both same amount of school spell and attack

see the different

Ice About: they most heath, resist but strong powerful spell but sometime they mostly lucky (ice wizard high resist of storm and fire) and lot shield of ice shield, tower shield, some spell are stun, and taunt

maybe might through being immunity but don't spell storm shield and fire sheild
(they should spam ice shield and myth shield and going use convert?) only spell give ice wizard and lucky got something different then same attack is (Lord Of Winter) +lose 3 pips and vs balance giving own pay back with lore of winter

Myth About: Myth is ok school lucky good talent on there spell able remove tick and putting tick on others and ice have a tick spell but different then myth because ice tick remove number of around of the tick so, be less then 3 (different do attack at second around of tick) use cooldown (100%) remove the tick (Only first and second in line) in battle field (unless ice is fouth in line) be ALL TICK using CoolDown when not first person get pick card choice (might be double) but now i am saying about myth is MYTH SAME AS ICE because only different ice doesn't have spell remove blade, and trap or shield and also don't got there attack spell like Chimera,Hydra,Orthrus, Minotaur?

if ice did have spell of a Chimera,Hydra (what is there school will be)?

mine guess might be (fire,storm,death) others way is might (ice,myth,life)

AND also count for not a spell like hydra, chimera but count for double ATTACK like Orthrus and Minotaur!
bro you can't get mad at those schools it's what they do ice wizards can't get mad there are lots of people out that comnplaining about ice when all they do is heal shield and dispel ice has it good since they love abusing resist all the time fire and storm are lucky they can hit damage why are you complaining if they attack straight like that with no convert they will barley get any damage above 400 or something since they will need to pierce and all they do is spam shields and wait till they are low on pips so theey can attack. just like the schools the way they are you chose ice so deal with what fire does who cares about dying in 1 hit wizard101 is fun it does not matter how strong they are they are playing the game just like you are remember, there is a real person behind that compute. and storm and ice are gonna keep trying to kill ice in one hit because if they don't ice will just spam more shields and heals and then storm and fire will have no chance of winning so if you don't like it then make a fire or storm it's just a game i know you don't like what they do but you have to deal with it because i have no problem with ice and it's resist and myth and balance or any kind of school because i can easily find a loop hole and if i can't then i am defeated like that and storm can use enfeeble it's their spell any school can spam it's their strategy so if you don't like it then don't pvp and myth is not even close to ice. PS: i don't care if u send a rude comment back to me since i don't waste time arguing with other people (Blaze Moonmender promethean)