Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet training specialization

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
At present, when a pet levels up it unlocks one battle talent and one derby talent. This means that for people who are only interested in battle, or only interested in derby, at least half the talents unlocked are completely useless.

My idea is to let players select a specialization (battle or derby) for pet training if they want, and for those who do, have two talents in the selected area unlocked when leveling up, and none unlocked in the unwanted area. This way, all talents in the area of specialization would be unlocked by the time the pet reaches mega, which would actually make training to mega worth it.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
The pets are useful anywhere, not just in PvP.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
prairiefalcon on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
At present, when a pet levels up it unlocks one battle talent and one derby talent. This means that for people who are only interested in battle, or only interested in derby, at least half the talents unlocked are completely useless.

My idea is to let players select a specialization (battle or derby) for pet training if they want, and for those who do, have two talents in the selected area unlocked when leveling up, and none unlocked in the unwanted area. This way, all talents in the area of specialization would be unlocked by the time the pet reaches mega, which would actually make training to mega worth it.
This is a great idea. I never derby and those derby talents are just a waste for me.