Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Winterwing Wardens in Ravenscar !!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
I keep smashing these feathery thingys all over the place & yet I'm not collecting the three feathers I want from them. Got nuffin !!
I've logged out, traveled all through the caves, beat them all over the place and back again & no.....
I am sick of the sight of them.. lol
Maybe I'm missing something
Any advice for me here about getting these feathers would be appreciated, Thanks...
Level 46 "ICE" ~ love wiz101

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Cloud Jumper on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
I keep smashing these feathery thingys all over the place & yet I'm not collecting the three feathers I want from them. Got nuffin !!
I've logged out, traveled all through the caves, beat them all over the place and back again & no.....
I am sick of the sight of them.. lol
Maybe I'm missing something
Any advice for me here about getting these feathers would be appreciated, Thanks...
Level 46 "ICE" ~ love wiz101
You are looking for talons, not feathers.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Talons_of_the_Coven

It's just another "do not collect" quest. It's pretty much random anymore. I've done so many other quests like this and sometimes I get them right away, others it takes a ridiculous amount to get what is required. I've switched realms, logged out, done them at different times of day... checked the map... it doesn't seem to matter.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
I got them all finally, had to beat them another four times to get the feathers
On another note in Ravenscar, a group of us (4 wiz's / novice) just beat four 'rank 9' (from memory 5,000 health each) bosses in the first dungeon, took a while but we did it (and I thought Jotun was hard ~ lol)
Any tips for finding the yardbirds, runes and trolls in Helgrind / Wintertusk / Grizzle
Thanks, fun loving Wizards
ps: for those entering Dragonspyre for the first time ~ watch out for wandering wizards, lol....

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
Thanks RavenLady
Yeah, the 'do not collect' quests drive me crazy ~ lol...
I know ~ patience, persistence, ra ra ra ~ lol...

A huge "thankyou" to all the amazing wizards I've met here that have helped me one way or another in the spiral.
I try to return the favour by helping out whenever I can...
Live and let Live, I say
Cheers, Courtney S...

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Cloud Jumper on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
I got them all finally, had to beat them another four times to get the feathers
On another note in Ravenscar, a group of us (4 wiz's / novice) just beat four 'rank 9' (from memory 5,000 health each) bosses in the first dungeon, took a while but we did it (and I thought Jotun was hard ~ lol)
Any tips for finding the yardbirds, runes and trolls in Helgrind / Wintertusk / Grizzle
Thanks, fun loving Wizards
ps: for those entering Dragonspyre for the first time ~ watch out for wandering wizards, lol....
Best to check wizard101central.com for guides on birds, runes and trolls.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Cloud Jumper on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
Thanks RavenLady
Yeah, the 'do not collect' quests drive me crazy ~ lol...
I know ~ patience, persistence, ra ra ra ~ lol...

A huge "thankyou" to all the amazing wizards I've met here that have helped me one way or another in the spiral.
I try to return the favour by helping out whenever I can...
Live and let Live, I say
Cheers, Courtney S...
LOL... I'm not a fan of those quests either! I hope you finally got them!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
Thanks 'brwac' & 'RavenLady', I checked out wiz101.central & found all the info I needed.
I also did some reading and found many helpful hints on the big battles.
WoW, some great advice is there for sure. Wish I'd found that before fighting Frostbranch. lol.
Anyhow, beat Frostbranch with a storm friend and a life henchman (thanks Patrick R), what a battle !!
Took us a little while to work out was happening, between the smoke mantles and earthquakes & marks of courage ~ woo hoo..
& I used my first 'polymorph', what a larf that was, didn't quite know what to do.. lol..
Talk about a learning curve
I love the challenges wiz101 presents, over and over..
Cheers, Courtney S.
Ice, 50 (& slowly moving up)..
ps: I would love some help setting up my deck for pvp, cos i just keep getting smashed by more experienced wiz's who seem to concentrate on pvp

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
One question, is Celestia or Wintertusk and grizzelhiem better

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
Hi 'dawsdaws'
I really enjoyed Grizzle & Wintertusk.
Having just started Celestia, I'm finding the new scenery & characters interesting & i absolutely loved getting the baby Drake.
Goodluck in the Spiral.
Cheers, Courtney Spiritweaver, Ice 61.