Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This game is far to easy and needs difficulty

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Difficulty makes a game challenging, The game needs less running around and more challenging battles and puzzles. Even the solo spell quests are getting to easy, KI figures 3 vrs 1 is more difficult but its just a different strategy not harder. So when does the challenge come in.
Buzz right through the game and then your done . Time to start new characters at that point i guess.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Im not sure if it needs to be more difficult. Alot will not agree with your statement but i will say that more difficult puzzles would be nice. Also the 3 to 1 battles arent easy but i agree they are not super hard either.

If anything i would like it to be shorter, less running all over creation.

All in all i have to disagree with you. I feel the difficulty is fine no need to make it harder or easier for that matter.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
And yet, somehow, I sincerely doubt you have even made it to level 60, yet you are posting this.

Thanks for the chuckle, I needed that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
mrwizardpro on Feb 26, 2013 wrote:
Difficulty makes a game challenging, The game needs less running around and more challenging battles and puzzles. Even the solo spell quests are getting to easy, KI figures 3 vrs 1 is more difficult but its just a different strategy not harder. So when does the challenge come in.
Buzz right through the game and then your done . Time to start new characters at that point i guess.
You're possibly the only person I've ever seen post this.
I seriously doubt that they will make this more difficult; they have, in fact made some dungeons etc., easier over the years. It is supposed to be a family-oriented game, ages 10+ not for hard core gamers.
Try making your own difficulty; don't use shields, use only a starter deck and clothes, etc. :)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Really? This game is made for everyone, young and old, and is fun and magical. If you want more difficulty, use bad gear or no gear. Each school brings it rewards and challenges in how to play it. This game is suppose to cater to everyone, so the difficulty and challenges aren't the same as other games, such as WoW.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
are you even thinking of those who arnt as down right awesome at this game as you are? even i had some difficulty with those 3vs1 i say it should be 2vs1 again so that people dont HAVE to buy henchmen to get there spell. while i didnt need henchmen i can realize that other people did. i realize my skills are above avarage witch is something you seem to not realize.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Make your own challenge. Get your lvl 48 pet, some Celestia gear, and watch as the game gets harder and harder...

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
If you want it to be harder loose the gear and pets and such, Aka: (as some people call it) Go Noob Style!

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
Have you been to Celestia and Azteca? Those are NOT easy to pass. They don't need to make it any harder than it already is. Remember, this is a family game, not an advanced hardcore game. If you think this is to easy, I dare you to go to whatever world your in wearing nothing at all and join a mob fight. Then, if that's easy for you......... Well will think of that when we get to it

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 86 Balance~over and out

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
guys, look at the op's join-date: he (or she) probably doesn't have any characters over level 50.

you may talk the talk, op. but your lack of experience shows, in a big way. i second everything already said by darth, popcicool, que, and several others~ there are many ways for you hardcore players can easily make your own challenge, but the game cannot be made easier for those casual and family players who are struggling.

-von

90 bal
85 death
68 storm
48 life
25 myth
22 fire

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
For an experienced gamer or adult with reasonable skills the first arc worlds (Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre) are fairly easy. You must play 50+ hours to advance to 2nd arc worlds before gaming challenges begin to set in.

In the 2nd arc I must agree that the 'puzzles' - especially in Celestia - were silly simple compared to the challenges faced in game play. Simply pressing X to complete a supposedly challenging puzzle is peculiar.

As the game is designed for ages 10+ and set in a whimsical cartoon world I do not believe the game is supposed to be a super challenge. Most RPG games that I have played are mostly about story and character development, not intense challenges. Some RPG games that are designed for adults are so easy its more like a walk-through story that gives the player choices.

Wizard101 is certainly not for everybody. Upon reaching level 90 and completing Azteca starting a new character is likely not a great idea if you weren't satisfied with the game.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2013
It's already too hard for some of us just because people don't pick the wizard that they were suppose to be. I am a Myth wizard and people say they suck but so far I can see that as a fact but wanted to change hence the difficulty was to challenging for them.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I don't know about needing more difficulty. I have been playing a long while. Sure in the beginning, it can be a breeze, but it does make it a bit harder in some areas. You need to give it a chance. This game really is for everyone. Though I do think that initially gamers were more cooperative in helping one another out. Now I find people don't seem to have as much time to help one another as they used to. Ah well, pick your comrades wisely I suppose.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
How many wizards do you have and how far into the game have you gone? The first arc has already been nerfed and if you have not made it into the second arc, especially to Azteca, you might have a change of mind when you do.

For a game that is rated 10+, as others have already stated, the second arc is anything but that. I have seen a lot of players struggling there and I have even had some issues with a life wizard there. Players are getting frustrated and discouraged. Most don't post their opinions on the forums but they are making comments in the game. When families are quitting because it has become a chore and whole worlds are virtually empty, something is very wrong.

The 3 vs 1 spells quests are unreasonable. Battling 2 bosses in the same battle with over 20,000 HP on each is just too much. Others have stated that you can make the game as challenging as you want by losing the use of your best gear. Nerf your wizard. Those that are struggling can not make it easier.

I have gone back to running noobs for the simple fact that by the time you get to Azteca, the rewards are not worth it. At this point, I don't care if I take another wizard to Azteca. I will finish the one I have in Avalon, but then back to the noobs.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
I don't agree. It depends what level you are, but the game isn't easy really for anyone I know. What level are you?

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
PersonOfLife on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
I don't agree. It depends what level you are, but the game isn't easy really for anyone I know. What level are you?
Yeah, cause Wizards is easy in begining. What world or level are you on?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
The game is too easy? Did you get to the end of dragonsypre (spelling?) yet? Weakness almost every round.... So many towers... Dungeons.... Yeah it's not easy. Wear the worst gear, use "noob spells", no tc, solo dungeons, set your own goals. Otherwise, don't play. It gets harder! I've seen azteca.... It's not easy...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
You can make the game as hard as you want and others have given you the way to do so. But for those that struggle, they can't make it any easier.

The second arc has jumped by huge amounts of difficulty. By the time you get to Azteca, especially into Alto Alto, the difficulty becomes insane. The farther you get, the worse it gets. The drops and rewards are going to leave you asking, REALLY????? Now take a look at the gear. Nothing to be excited or even care to have.

The prices for gear went through the roof in Zf with no universal resists. Good luck on finding some you can mix and match to get those resists. The gear got a little worse in Av, then useless in Az.

So, the difficulty has gone beyond reason.