Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would you use an RSS feed for this site?

Yes definitely!
10% [3]
Maybe
35% [10]
No
10% [3]
I have no idea what that means
42% [12]

Would you use an RSS feed for this site?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We're working on new ways to bring the latest Wizard101 Message Board postings & news to our players.

Would you use an RSS Feed for these Message Boards?

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I dont think a change is nessasary, but as long as the navigation is nice and smooth, I think it would be great!

#

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Not if i would have to download a reader or anything like that for it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Yes, I would but, I would also suggest that if this is impelmented for player posts, then add a REPORT and IGNORE button for each post.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
Yes, I would but, I would also suggest that if this is impelmented for player posts, then add a REPORT and IGNORE button for each post.
Why Report someone? The Moderators are already aprooving the Posts before they get published. And Ignore so you cannot see his/her messages? Bad idea if someone is "quote-ing" them so you don't have a clue pf hat they are saying.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
Goldendragon,

Filtering is an option with RSS feed, depending on the reader. I found one called Feed Rinse that allows filtering by keyword, author, tag, even profanity, for a pleasant RSS experience. If KI chooses a good reader, there would be no need for reporting, because we should be able to block undesirable content by username, etc. I would suspect that forum moderation would continue as usual, since the forums would continue to be available to all wizards who visit the W101 forum page. (But we really do need a report button in the forums. Hint, hint...)

Prof. Greyrose,

Have you thought about what type of reader we would use?

Curious,

Qbb

PS: For those of you who don't know what RSS Feed is: It is a service that allows a person to subscribe to/follow various media sources on the Internet, such as discussion forums, news, etc. The RSS tool collects and delivers selected content directly to the user via arious Internet-enabled devices.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
I like this idea and would certainly use it.

I have used RSS feeds for other sites but never really thought much about it. Thank you QueenlyBlueBean for your explainations. That makes it easier to understand.

A report button would b enice to have though.