Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
I know this has been asked a million times, but searching the web offers no new information.

I have more than 10 pets. I have trained all to at least adult and one to epic. None have spritely. Im so frustrated. EVERY person I group with has a spritely pet. Every single one.

Is it just my very very bad luck or is there something I can do to gain this talent for a pet?

On my other old account I do have a spritely pet... a ferocious heckhound that came with a bundle. Is this the only real way of gaining spritely? Buying a crown store bundle?

I read that the celestia pets always gain spritely.... thats not true lol.

I read that hatching a pet you want to raise with a spritely pet gives the hybird pet spritely. That may well be true but you need to have that first spritely pet which I havent managed to achieve. Ever.

My main is 86. It seems that fights at this level basically require a spritely pet so Im feeling very much at a disadvantage. Any help or hope would be greatly appreciated.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Epiboly on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I know this has been asked a million times, but searching the web offers no new information.

I have more than 10 pets. I have trained all to at least adult and one to epic. None have spritely. Im so frustrated. EVERY person I group with has a spritely pet. Every single one.

Is it just my very very bad luck or is there something I can do to gain this talent for a pet?

On my other old account I do have a spritely pet... a ferocious heckhound that came with a bundle. Is this the only real way of gaining spritely? Buying a crown store bundle?

I read that hatching a pet you want to raise with a spritely pet gives the hybird pet spritely. That may well be true but you need to have that first spritely pet which I havent managed to achieve. Ever.

My main is 86. It seems that fights at this level basically require a spritely pet so Im feeling very much at a disadvantage. Any help or hope would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets

Is all about pets.

Pets that have a Spritely chance in CL are the Starfish and Jellyfish - these are ones I have received in drops - we do have a few that did get Spritley by adult, we don't usually train above that but move on to another hatch.

Hatching a non spritley pet with one that does have it increases your chances but may take a few hatches to achieve. I have pets that could get spritley and did not and I had to do one more hatch to get it by adult.

Like many things in the game it's all a matter of luck - unless you pay for the results. Your bundled Fierce Hound does get Spritley at teen no luck needed, same with other bundle pets. KI was very kind a while back and gave out for free that gave Spritley at teen.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
I just found someone with a may cast sprite life pet and then I got a pet with spritely. Try looking for life pets to hatch with. Hope this helps

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 84 Balance ( along with astral judge that has spritely)~ over and out

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
Some pets don't even have the chance to get the skill 'spritely'. I recommend looking for a good life pet of some kind, they're guaranteed to have the 'spritely' skill.

-----------------

Tristan WinterThistle Lvl 16 Ice Wizard
Three Streets Savior

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
there is way too much confusing information out there about the new pets and healing i played many years ago all my pets except my new forestlord are pets i got like 3 years ago i am a life schooler and level 74 none of my pets heal and i have a spritely from 3 years ago before i waste my real world money on buying a pet i want an anwser from a wizard 101 employee to confirm what pets heal and what level if any do you have to train them too we spend lots of money and time on this game and should not have to play the guessing game when it come to cash.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Epiboly on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:

Believe me I understand your frustration!
For me spritely is the single most important pet talent. Im a Balance Wizard and was forced to use an Assailing Dragon (fire pet) because I didn't have any Balance pets with this talents.

I was very happy when I earned my Judgement pet but at Epic she still hadn't developed spritely. I tried hatching her with a Life pet and got an Astral Judge and thought great, this one must get spritely...nope!

I bought an evil sandman from the crown shop...and you guessed it no spritely.
I kept hatching higher pedigree versions of himself and when my latest hatchling got spritely at teen I nearly jumped through the roof in excitement!

Although nothing can gaurantee Spritely I do know that if you feed your pet lots of snacks that increase it's intellect you have a better chance of spritely developing ( I learnt this here on the forum) I think the reason for this is because your pet needs to be quite intelligent to cast a spell.

I hope this advice may help you..oh BTW you definitely increase your chances if both parents have spritely already developed :)
Good Luck:)
James Dreamweaver lvl 85 Balance

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I'm pretty sure the star fish pet sold in celestia may have spritely. I think it's an ice pet and costs like 10,000 gold not crowns.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
there's also another thing to help you out. When you get a pet, or are thinking of buying a pet, do a web search for that pet. When you find the page that lists the pet, look at the talents. if you are THAT set on getting spritely in your pet, don't get one/train one that doesnt have it. I have a few pets with spritely, but I don't like off-school pets. I see the advantage if it's an opposite school and possibly getting resistance, but with my phoenix on my fire mage, I get spritely, fire trap, pip-o-plenty currently. When we can get another level, I will gently train it to hit the next level and hope I get fireblade. In MOST cases, school aligned pets do you MUCH better than non-school aligned pets. I would love to see my phoenix have more healing opportunities, but I don't know if I want the tradeoff of losing one of those other spells.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
pokequeen87 on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
Um, whats spritely?
It's an ability that some pets have. What it does, at random times, casts the Sprite spell (which heals you for 30 HP at the time of casting, and then 90HP/round for 3 rounds)

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
it dose not matter if it has it i dont really care becuse it dose not even heal that mutch.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
First you have to look up your pet in one of the websites lists to see if the pet can even manifest sprite (not all pets have it). Next you want to hatch ur pets with spritely then train until you get it.
If none of your pets can get sprite then u must hatch with a pet that has it or get a pet that can get it.