Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a low rank vs. a warlord! so what?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
you going to have to face a warlord at some point right? plus you if u won u get lots of points~

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
Death commander on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
you going to have to face a warlord at some point right? plus you if u won u get lots of points~
but its not really fair for a private to face a warlord. they have more xp in pvp than you, so its not really fair fo the low rnks people say it is fair but its really not. they should have it set up like "same lvl and rank" to make it fair.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The system is not fair to either end. On the one hand the low rank wizard is facing a wizard who has much more experience and knows his way aound the arena. On the other hand the warlord is facing a player who is likely several levels higher than him/her with access to larger spells and better mechanics(ie critical). Couple this with the fact that a warlord winning against such a low rank will often result in point gains between ZERO- two points wheras the warlord losing would result in a loss of 20-30 points.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
The system is not fair to either end. On the one hand the low rank wizard is facing a wizard who has much more experience and knows his way aound the arena. On the other hand the warlord is facing a player who is likely several levels higher than him/her with access to larger spells and better mechanics(ie critical). Couple this with the fact that a warlord winning against such a low rank will often result in point gains between ZERO- two points wheras the warlord losing would result in a loss of 20-30 points.
You make good points on both counts, but don't forget that money can buy critical rating at a lower level. My poor Fire wizard (who is a level 17 private~ 2 wins, 3 losses thus far) ended up getting critical Tritoned by a Storm Knight in crowns gear... oh, I hate that people can buy their way to the top.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Dr Von on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
You make good points on both counts, but don't forget that money can buy critical rating at a lower level. My poor Fire wizard (who is a level 17 private~ 2 wins, 3 losses thus far) ended up getting critical Tritoned by a Storm Knight in crowns gear... oh, I hate that people can buy their way to the top.
Agreed, it always struck me as strange that KI would give low levels the ability to critical. This meanger critical will have no effect against high levels who have natural block on their gear but can and does decide matches against fellow low levelers who have no realistic way to defend against this threat outside of conviction.