Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card packs and distribution

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2012
Hello,
Some annoyance here, at distribution of stuff in packs, and a few suggestions. Also, an apology if I am posting in the wrong area, as I am a bit new to this.

I run a death wizard and have recently purchased approximately 300 of the Knight's lore packs trying to get the Deer Spell, ...nada. I have the other 2 give away spells which are all but worthless to me, especially since I cannot transfer them over to another character I could possibly make on this account. (and that should be changed).

I do not need a lecture on what to expect from a random distribution, or how I made the choice (mistake) of actually trying to buy something, but I would like to understand the odds a little better. I know if I go out and purchase a card game, upon buying so many packs, it is safe to assume I should have what I am looking for. and there is always the possibility of getting it from another player.

Some suggestions on the cards and how things are done:

1) A 24 hour mount. Seriously this makes no sense, If I am purchasing 30-50 (whatever packs) and I have all these mounts (5-6+) at the same time.... Why not set it up so that they run after each other? and if I do not want to ride that mount I can delete it and get the next one in the series. I have deleted 20 of them tonight if I have deleted one of them. What is hurt by this?

2) The armors. After receiving 2 or 3 pairs of the same thing, at the same level, why not make the armor levels bounce to the next level? i.e. 70 to 80, so maybe I can actually use them later? or possibly have the levels jump all over the place, so at least I could drop them over to another character in my account to use? I know this "messes" with the potential money making of the game, But the more I feel I get for my money, the more I am apt to spend.

In reference to "ultra rare," if something is actually that, it is actually that. Probability does not support that I am going to get 7 of one ultra rare item, 6 of another, and 7 of something else, and not one of the other thing I am looking for, if it is at the same rarity level. It almost feels like since I play a death wizard it is pretty jwell known what I would be buying the packs for, the odds of getting everything else in multiples and not the obvious card (spell) does almost smell fishy.

In closing, I generally spend about $50 a month on games like this (this month an exception), and I have enjoyed this one so far. I am not asking/demanding freebees, or the like. I do think this problem could be sorted out if when a new type of card pack comes out, they actually decide how many cards packs are in that series, so when you have bought your 100th pack, it is a pretty sure bet you have cycled thru all the cards/spells/mounts/whatever.

Respectfully submitted,
Amber Shadowthorn.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I love it and agree to an extent but not many others on here will feel the same way and will surely let you know that soon.

I agree that the way they have ultra rares set up on packs is pretty stupid. And i have said the same thing about after so many packs you should have everything. But they say its all random (which is understood) but my complaint is as you said if we buy a few boxes of a card set in RL we would have everycard.

The cards are primarily why people buy these boosters and should drop much more often.