Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 PvP World Championships/esports.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
Hey everyone! I've just came back to wizards after taking a break and focusing on League of Legends. Wizard101 would be a perfect game for competive esports. For esports to be popular they need to be complex but easy to follow. Wizard101 PvP is exactly that. 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 could become great very popular in an esports scene. I know wizard101 is directed at a younger audience, which i'm guessing is one of the main reasons wizard101 is not a esports driven game. If KI does not want to get into esports, they should at least have a yearly big 4v4 tournament streamed or live at a place. (Like pretty much every other PvP game.) Anyone else agree with or have any opinons? Reply please, I want opinions or KI too see this.
Thanks for reading.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
Its a great idea, but if you compare the two, league seems to be vastly larger, with more than 300 million players in the NA scene alone. Couple that with the fact that this is a game aimed towards a younger audience, and it makes it almost impossible for it to really get into the esports area. I think that Wizard could at best have a tourny event, like the sales and such.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I was thinking of something similar. There should be a huge PVP tournament for all of Wizard101 at the end of each year. It would have 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. There would be an submission period where everyone would submit to the tournament of their choice (Free of charge) (1 Tournament per wizard). KI would randomly make the brackets, and the worldwide Wizard101 Tournament would begin. Players would be notified of the time of their match and would have a big enough time window to submit for a reschedule. The winners would get a special badge that would say something like: 2015 4v4 PVP Champion, or something like that. Well guys, it is still a rough idea, but it could turn into something couldn't it???

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
I would love it to be like that.
But I doubt w101 will ever do that.
And no w101 is not aimed at younger audience.
It's a family game. I actually happen to know more adults playing this game than kids.

Nicholas Star