Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice should have more block then other schools

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
hi with the darkmoor gear all the schools have the same critical block and not the same critical.
i think the schools like ice and life should have more critical block then schools like fire and storm because the schools like storm and fire have more critical. this means that ice could not critical on storm but storm could critical on ice and ice would not be able to block storm, but all the time but storm would always block ice. i dont think that this is very fair. so could the ice darkmoor gear have more block then the other schools since the storm darkmoor gear has more critical then all the other schools.

thanks for reading

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Fred,

I completely agree with this, at level 100 a typical Ice has 245 block, and is getting
slaughtered by Fire, Life, Balance and Storm. Ice really needs a block of 290 or better to be able to
block more than just 45% of the hits. As it is, Ice with it weak attacks, poor resist
(normally around 57) can't compete, and has already dropped to low in the second
tier, I feel behind Death. Since they don't have their own heal, they can't wear a different
amulet, giving them better block. This should be fixed, at least to even things out.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
I agree wholeheartedly. Ice's defense continues to get worse and worse, coming all the way down to block. While this is happening, crit for other schools is rising on the platform. Ice needs more block to compete with other schools in every area.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Shadow 343 on May 24, 2015 wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. Ice's defense continues to get worse and worse, coming all the way down to block. While this is happening, crit for other schools is rising on the platform. Ice needs more block to compete with other schools in every area.
This is probably because of the high scrutiny of Thamaturges "OP" defense by a lot of wizards.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
NeoNebula17 on May 25, 2015 wrote:
This is probably because of the high scrutiny of Thamaturges "OP" defense by a lot of wizards.
Maybe they use to have OP defense, but no longer. Ice is falling below the wave and something needs to be done about it.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
NeoNebula17 on May 25, 2015 wrote:
I agree, at one time we were welding 70 to 80 resist to Storm and Fire. At level 100 we are welding 245 Critical block and around 300 critical, not 290 Block and 400 Critical like others. Ice cannot compete with these stats, and Ice are quitting PVP. PVP has drops a good deal over the past few years, and KI needs to address the issue soon.
The easiest way, give Myth and Ice their own heals, so they can use a different amulet.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2013
Ice can indeed have way more block than the others. There are staffs, athames and rings that give universal or specific block. Also lets remember ice can be immune to fire and storm, so lets not make us to op

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
icewizzard77 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Ice can indeed have way more block than the others. There are staffs, athames and rings that give universal or specific block. Also lets remember ice can be immune to fire and storm, so lets not make us to op
I'm not sure I understand this, why would I change my gear for more block and lose all my othere stats.
I just faced a Life with 118 resist to Balance, what is different from Life to Ice, they have about the same dpp?

If Ice goes immune to Fire or Storm, it loses too much in other areas, and would lose to five other wizards.
Is that a fair trade off, imo, I would no it's not worth it unless I am fighting a Boss. In PVP about the best you
dare go is around 70 to 80 resist for Fire or Storm. Most players are running around 42 or more pierce now
at level 100. Combine that with Shrike you have a pierce of 92 plus peirce. Plus at level 100 Ice resist has been
dropped to around 60 with the Darkmoor gear. I see Ice as very very underpowered at Level 100, no OP.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
icewizzard77 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
immunity does not work very well anymore, i saw a storm wizard with 52 armor pierce. that cuts the resist off by over half add an infallible and that is 72 armor pierce. no need for shadow magic

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
Fred Frost on May 28, 2015 wrote:
immunity does not work very well anymore, i saw a storm wizard with 52 armor pierce. that cuts the resist off by over half add an infallible and that is 72 armor pierce. no need for shadow magic
yep, my life with all the things combined can get 120+ pierce off of people, with just infallible and a shrike i get 65 piece, and that's only 2 spells, i can easily kill you just by doing shrike, and then if you don't block a critical well then that just sucks for you, kind of unfair imo

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
shadowstreem on May 30, 2015 wrote:
yep, my life with all the things combined can get 120+ pierce off of people, with just infallible and a shrike i get 65 piece, and that's only 2 spells, i can easily kill you just by doing shrike, and then if you don't block a critical well then that just sucks for you, kind of unfair imo
shadow magic not everything just win pvp because shadow shrike better spell just to use defeated defense wizard (others team stronger defense then others beside might now use defense wisely) I would do either was myth or death other then ice mostly death because of bad juju and second allot more easy get rid of tower shield don't waste time for pet to use earthquake/shatter/spell call: pierce because myth double attack)

ice have better spell (make mine ice more like storm) but right about ice should more block (then others school) when using offense gear (no for tank) because they have immunity but do think tank wizard with immunity would need protection vs armor pierce users

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Fred Frost on May 22, 2015 wrote:
hi with the darkmoor gear all the schools have the same critical block and not the same critical.
i think the schools like ice and life should have more critical block then schools like fire and storm because the schools like storm and fire have more critical. this means that ice could not critical on storm but storm could critical on ice and ice would not be able to block storm, but all the time but storm would always block ice. i dont think that this is very fair. so could the ice darkmoor gear have more block then the other schools since the storm darkmoor gear has more critical then all the other schools.

thanks for reading
Yes, they should have more Critical Block, but not at the expense of other stats.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2013
Ice should have more block? They should have more resist, too!

Ice is so weak now at level 100. We need a serious boost. Our critical is the same as most schools or weaker, and resist is not enough. I have seen plenty of storms with decent resist, around 47%, which is really not far from our own. Pierce is insane as well.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
I feel like resist is becoming a worthless stat at the higher levels. Pierce can destroy any immunity completely. KI should have stop it at infallible but they made shrike have pierce.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
When Storms regularly have 52% pierce, resist does not help too much. This current style of play is all about offense which is not Ice's strong point. I feel like there should be more top tier gear that is defensive or balanced, instead of offense heavy.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Seth Silvershard on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
I feel like resist is becoming a worthless stat at the higher levels. Pierce can destroy any immunity completely. KI should have stop it at infallible but they made shrike have pierce.
Agreed

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
GraceWinterBlossom on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Ice should have more block? They should have more resist, too!

Ice is so weak now at level 100. We need a serious boost. Our critical is the same as most schools or weaker, and resist is not enough. I have seen plenty of storms with decent resist, around 47%, which is really not far from our own. Pierce is insane as well.
Every school needs more resist, actually. But the problem is that we're at the point if resist were to be raised, shields would make attacks that much less effective. For example, if resist were to be raised up to 80% and somebody used a Tower Shield, that shield wouldn't affect the spell, but there is still going to be 80% resist sitting behind it. What we need is a stat that only comes in new gear (and not in Jade gear or any pack gear) that gives a fair amount of resist (45% to Storm all the way up to 60% to ice), and have that gear have a stat that reduces incoming armor pierce by say 15%, and then this meta can be eventually balanced, as Ice wizards and such will be able to use Life Mastery amulets and have their heals back.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Shadow 343 on May 26, 2015 wrote:
Maybe they use to have OP defense, but no longer. Ice is falling below the wave and something needs to be done about it.
Yeah they need to lower defense for other classes a bit. And maybe give life the most heal buff and ice the most defense buff while fire has the most accuracy storm the most critical death has the most I dont know balance between benefit of when they are healed. And when they attack so that there health stealing spells restore more to the necromancer and do more damage to the enemy? Myth I don't know what.

Gabriel spritefist pyromancer secondary death