Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stereotypes in zafaria

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I am not sure if it is just me, but zafaria seems very stereotypical, the entire design of the world seems like a stereotype of africa, the names of the locations, the way people speak, and the design of people's clothing and the entire world, yes it does take of accurate African culture, but some things I did not see links and it felt stereotyped, does anyone else think zafaria is a stereotype or is it accurate African culture? What do you think?

Evan Starblade lvl 76

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Evan starblade888 on Apr 2, 2015 wrote:
I am not sure if it is just me, but zafaria seems very stereotypical, the entire design of the world seems like a stereotype of africa, the names of the locations, the way people speak, and the design of people's clothing and the entire world, yes it does take of accurate African culture, but some things I did not see links and it felt stereotyped, does anyone else think zafaria is a stereotype or is it accurate African culture? What do you think?

Evan Starblade lvl 76
I think it's a game, built for children and families. As such, KI did a great job in designing Zafaria to show what the majority of people expect from this kind of world. I see nothing wrong here.

Administrator
Hello,

Wizard101 takes inspiration from sources in real life, but is not meant to be a realistic portrayal of any particular culture in real life. I hope that helps you understand.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Thanks for the responses, I think I might be thinking to hard XD, though I do want TO go back to Zaharias and see if I can find more cultural references

Evan Starblade lvl 76

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
like most world in Wizard101 its just based on culture and history take word from me dude i live in africa

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Evan starblade888 on Apr 2, 2015 wrote:

Evan Starblade lvl 76
It is actually really accurate, plus it reminded me of the second Madagascar movie. The savannah type scenery was amazing and reminds me so much of my beautiful continent!

James Dragoncrafter lvl 66